• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BBC want to talk to me

lamornamiss

wants to be a loser
BBC News - NHS obesity operation access inconsistent, surgeons say

Hi, Well like a lot of people I have read the news today about obese people being told to put on more weight to get surgery.
I was one of those people. So after reading the above link I decided to leave a comment on the bottom of the page (on above link)
I have now been asked if I would be willing to talk about my experience. So I have sent my phone number to them and will await a call back.

I don't usually do things like this (talk to strange men about my weight :rolleyes:) But I am fed up with the way obese people are treated by the know alls in the street and even by Drs and the Nhs. I feel as if I have to talk out about the way we are treated,and feel about this issue.

As for all other addictions they don't need the substance they put into their bodies
Would you tell an alcoholic "OK you are now sober but you need to have a drink a day to live?" No but you have to say that to every dieter and food addict "Ok you are now no longer fat but you will still have to eat every day to live "

I will update as and if they phone me back

Until food is understood to have an addictive quality to some of us, we will always be out of control sloths wallowing in one of the seven deadly sins, greed.

You go girl xx

I was going to leave a comment there this morning, I'm glad I didn't now lol!! I'm totally useless at being interviewed. :eek:

Good luck,
Cuppa xx

Great news hun! Good for you!

Good for you lass.

You tell em! we all need someone like you to tell it as it is, Thank you for being so brave.
love
Sandra

Good luck wendy, your very brave and were lucky to have you represent us all xxx

Back