• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Belly button

Laura b

2011 a new begginning
Hi all does anyone suffer from reoccurring sore belly button? Mine seems to b sore all the time and weaping alot too and sorry for the info but it's very smelly :-( I have to shower or bathe it like 3 times aday cus I get conscious it's really smelly and I know it's bcus of my weight loss and iv got an over hang my stomach seems to fold in right where my belly button is :-/ should I go the drs and ask for a tummy tuck?? X

Try putting a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil in it, or swab it with them on a cotton bud, only these oils though others need a barrier oil - but these two are natural healers, and antiseptic so should soothe and heal x

you can get the cheap in wilkies and they are good quality

id definately go to the docs, at least you have it on record for any future possible TT's or anything!! xxx

Doughie said:
Try putting a few drops of lavender or tea tree essential oil in it, or swab it with them on a cotton bud, only these oils though others need a barrier oil - but these two are natural healers, and antiseptic so should soothe and heal x

you can get the cheap in wilkies and they are good quality

Thank I'll deffo try them it's so irritating xx

Go to the docs as you might have a slight infection in there. i use cuticura medicated talcom powder when i get a bit sore, its soothing and really helps.. like in the summer under my boobs gets a bit sore, the talc dries it out and is good x

Last edited:
Caren said:
id definately go to the docs, at least you have it on record for any future possible TT's or anything!! xxx

Yea think I'll have to as it seems to b like this more times than its not like it :-/ x

Go to the doctors while it is at it's worst to get it on record :wave_cry: If it is an infection you will need Anti B's.Then try to essential oils to see if you can get it to feel a bit more comfortable. xxx :wave_cry::wave_cry:

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Go to the doctors while it is at it's worst to get it on record :wave_cry: If it is an infection you will need Anti B's.Then try to essential oils to see if you can get it to feel a bit more comfortable. xxx :wave_cry::wave_cry:

Thanks twinkle x

I get infections there all the time. I have creams on script that clear it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

A little baby nappy rash cream or a little medicated talc works wonders when its really sore, itchy (and smelly) x

Tiggerific said:
A little baby nappy rash cream or a little medicated talc works wonders when its really sore, itchy (and smelly) x

Cheers xx

shelbell said:
I get infections there all the time. I have creams on script that clear it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Yea I'm gonna have to go drs get the same x

My magic cream for the sweaty bits we get is Avons glycerine hand cream. Once the skin is healed lather it with the hand cream every morning after you shower and ta da, not soreness. Not had any sore bits for the last ten years since I discovered the stuff, I am sure avon must wonder if I'm selling it on the black market as I like to have plenty in stock!!!

It smells cos the moist warm area grows microrganisms/bactaria.Doc will give you antifungal cream or just ask the chemist.I still use sudecrem and Femfresh powder to keep dry.

I get the same :-(! Canestan cream is magic! Clears in a day! X

Sent from my Galaxy SII using WLSurgery

i love my cuticura medicated talc lol x

initially like the others have said you need to see the GP to get it checked out and on your records as proof. once its cleared up with his magic potion my GP told me after washing make sure its rinsed well and then dry with cotton buds and finish off with hairdryer on low to make sure it is completely dry. I was then told to use dakacourt athletes foot powder and its worked a treat at keeping it nice and fresh. The secret is in making sure it is completely dry.
I also use an unperfumed roll on deodorant on all my folds, between my legs and under my boobs and haven't had one skin infection in over 2 years now.
good luck. x

initially like the others have said you need to see the GP to get it checked out and on your records as proof. once its cleared up with his magic potion my GP told me after washing make sure its rinsed well and then dry with cotton buds and finish off with hairdryer on low to make sure it is completely dry. I was then told to use dakacourt athletes foot powder and its worked a treat at keeping it nice and fresh. The secret is in making sure it is completely dry.
I also use an unperfumed roll on deodorant on all my folds, between my legs and under my boobs and haven't had one skin infection in over 2 years now.
good luck. x

well ive never heard of that before but i can see why it would work!!

great thread x

Back