• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

BEST THING ABOUT YOUR SURGERY

Hi Sarah to be honest 9 months ago neither would i. I was like you reading peoples posts about how much weight they'd lost only to dream that would be me one day but one day it will be you so stay positive coz dreams do come true xxx
i really hope so, it all sounds very exciting and i just can't wait x

That I now have to stick with this way of eating unlike with past diets. I could not eat a chinese set meal now however much I wanted to.

That I no longer constantly have painful feet and knees.

That I fit, in spaces, clothes.......

I feel much better after reading all the positive posts.
I have been wondering if I could cope not being able to eat certains foods ever again...and I don't mean chocolate! that is one addiction I really want to lose. With the warmer weather on our doorstep I look forward to salad, however, I've been told "if it doesn't turn to mush whilst chewing you can't eat it" I can't see cucumber, onion and lettuce mushing lol
I'm now feeling positive the Bypass will be my life saver. Like many here I hide indoors and life should be about getting out there and doing!
Fingers crossed I will have the op this year.
Good Luck to those like me waiting for the op and keep up the good work all you lucky losers:D

I feel much better after reading all the positive posts.
I have been wondering if I could cope not being able to eat certains foods ever again...and I don't mean chocolate! that is one addiction I really want to lose. With the warmer weather on our doorstep I look forward to salad, however, I've been told "if it doesn't turn to mush whilst chewing you can't eat it" I can't see cucumber, onion and lettuce mushing lol
I'm now feeling positive the Bypass will be my life saver. Like many here I hide indoors and life should be about getting out there and doing!
Fingers crossed I will have the op this year.
Good Luck to those like me waiting for the op and keep up the good work all you lucky losers:D

Hi, Salad most definitely isn't off the menu! You can eat any food as long as you can tolerate it. It all just has to be well chewed so it doesn't cause any blockages.

It's only while you are on the liquid/puree/mushy phases that you need to choose foods that can be served any of these ways. After that, it's all down to your teeth. x

It will be the best thing you ever did for yourself

Fingers cross it happens quickly for you

Hmmm, only two things eh :)

For me the best things (so far, I'm still only twelve weeks post-op) would have to be:

- Clothes shopping no longer being a depressing experience, already I'm finding that I'm buying what's on the hanger instead of what's available in my size,

- Beginning to like who I see in the mirror and knowing that soon I'll be half the man I used to be, literally (I'm also realising that I am not my weight and my size doesn't define me as a person).

I'm not saying it hasn't been a tough journey so far, but in my experience few things that are really worth doing are easy.

yup

*it's easier to exercise
*my joints and muscles don't ache as much
*higher self esteem (well, getting there....)
*a greater interest in how I look and clothes :D

Back