• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Biggest Loser

Louanne . . . scare you into shaking your lard . . pmsl love it!!! If she was my personal trainer I would probably p**p myself!!

I too think that they get rid of people far too fast - all of them should have at least two weeks to see how they go before anyone is 'evicted'. Mind you if I was on there I would be looking for the nearest escape route (well actually probably not necessary as I would have already left in an ambulance!)

I missed the show, but caught it on internet early this morning. I actually enjoyed it even though it did look as though the contestants were being pushed just that bit too far at times.

I agree that they perhaps should have left everyone in for at least two weeks and started evicting next show.

I'm just watching it now. I agree - two weeks minimum. At least then the 'tools' you need would be imbedded in your your mind and you'd have a chance at carrying on at home.

Unfortunately i foolishly agreed a few days beforehand to let my daughter watch the new series of Glee (the whole blooming series) so missed it. Will look for it online now..

As for who watches the programme? I've always followed ours, USA and Australia. Why do i watch it? Because i want to see someone/anyone achieve the dream we all have had at some point, to lose the weight without surgical intervention and look marvellous at the end of it...

Now my Trev watches it, but purely for a perve. As you all (or most of you know) that my husband is partial to a lady with curves n bumps (fat birds lol) and actually sits there hoping they'll be running soon lol....

Good luck to all of them in there, i hope they learn a new way to get their dreams xx

phatmomma said:
As for who watches the programme? I've always followed ours, USA and Australia. Why do i watch it? Because i want to see someone/anyone achieve the dream we all have had at some point, to lose the weight without surgical intervention and look marvellous at the end of it...

Good luck to all of them in there, i hope they learn a new way to get their dreams xx

I watch them all too. I love the way you've written why, it's amazing.
xXx

I was a bit disappointed with the new show. Didn't it used to be on every day at teatime too, so you got to know the contestants a lot better and saw how they dealt with food as well as just the exercise? This all seemed a bit rushed so perhaps they should have had a two hour opening show.

I blinked and missed the contestant leaving. What happened to him?

I really like the trainer angie. I think she does care a lot about the contestants but she knows she needs to push them and stop them giving up. It's so funny how they fake their collapses every year.
I prefer the american version though.

I blinked and missed the contestant leaving. What happened to him?
Big G and his partner decided to go for a run and he slipped and injured his knee (I think it was knee, may have been ankle), but he is not able to take part because of it.

I love Biggest Loser but prefer the American trainers, Bob and Jillian. They seem tough but compassionate. Although in order to get me moving I would need Angie Dowds tough attitude...think I am a bit scared of her.
Theresa x

Laughing aside, my husband is trying to lose weight, after watching the repeat of this last night i said to him ''there's your answer'' '' low cals and 6 hours exercise too''. He's response '' when am i supposed to look for a job'' err doh, excuse, there's 24 hours in a day lol... But it made me realise that for the last millenium i've made excuses to not get off my butt....

I like the way they have signed the contestants up for the website so they can see what they're eating. I hope they fill it in more honestly than i did my w/w tracker lol xx

just shows you though dont it, thats my problem really too much eating and a lack of exercise - they lost like a stone in a week, omg! thats amazing!
the only thing tho is once they get home and start at it themselves theyl probs just put it all back on again plus more so to me it would be a waste of hard work coz i would never keep it up.

I honestly think that if I'd got into a pattern of eating well and exercising lots, and I was seeing consistent results, I'd be able to keep it up.
My problem at the moment is, if I don't lose three stone in the first 5 days of a diet, I think it's a waste of time!!

I used to do really well with dieting and could loose good amounts on the SW diet but my trouble was keeping it off! As soon as I went off the diet all the weight and more went back on, I was either on or off a diet and no inbetween, hope its different this time :D XX

sometimes what we do this week dosnt always show until next week, so if theyve been good this week, dosnt mean to say theyre gonna have a big loss this week, plus when you think about it, with all the exercise theyre doing, theyre gonna be building muscle, which long term is good, but will make their losses a bit less, and i honestly dont think they could keep up the same regime once theyre home, yes, they could keep on exercising and eating right, but not to the same degree, and they could then get discouraged cos theyre losses arnt as big. its good to watch though, even though i think theyre pushed too hard, it frightens me.

The Biggest Loser is on tonight... xxx

Just a reminder... the programme starts at 9pm tonight xxx

I dont like the way people that are so unfit are pushed to such extremes,unless its done for the cameras.Nowhere I have ever done training have they pushed so hard till you puke or need oxygen!And how disapointed are they when they weigh in and only lose 8lbs!

I really don't see how exercising til you puke is a good thing. I also don't like this temptation segment. It makes no sense to make them eat it.

I really don't see how exercising til you puke is a good thing. I also don't like this temptation segment. It makes no sense to make them eat it.

Think it is really quite mad . . . it actually annoys me now watching it. :mad:

They all really deserve help but there is no way on this earth they will keep that regime up when they leave . . and the fact that in the face of temptation only one of them REALLY didnt want to eat the food (the one with the Pizza) showed that as soon as faced with the temptation in real life they are going to cave in. :sigh::sigh:

Sad, but I know given that situation I would have been just the same however much I would have hoped I wouldnt be . .

I enjoyed the show but thought it very unfair when they where made to eat things that they where trying to avoid just to get there goal weight down.Surely thats just cruel.
Hilary x

Back