• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The biggest loser etc etc

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
ok so the uk's biggest loser has started tonight, theres also a programme about a 74 stone woman and another one called The fat fighters, all on tonight. My facebook page is full of "friends" saying how disgusted they are etc. ok i can maybe see their point as im disgusted with myself too. Sorry to moan but its just made me feel bad :(
ok back to TBL lol xxx

Caren said:
ok so the uk's biggest loser has started tonight, theres also a programme about a 74 stone woman and another one called The fat fighters, all on tonight. My facebook page is full of "friends" saying how disgusted they are etc. ok i can maybe see their point as im disgusted with myself too. Sorry to moan but its just made me feel bad :(
ok back to TBL lol xxx

Unless ur friends have had a weight issue they carnt relate you could only know wat it's like web uv walked in our boots!!! I hate ppl having views on other ppl without knowing the in's and outs!! X

Unless ur friends have had a weight issue they carnt relate you could only know wat it's like web uv walked in our boots!!! I hate ppl having views on other ppl without knowing the in's and outs!! X
yeah its true Laura, it dont usually bother me but i got upset tonight lol

Caren said:
yeah its true Laura, it dont usually bother me but i got upset tonight lol

Don't let them upset u hunny (((big hugs))) xx

ok back to TBL lol xxx

Well I am disgusted with people so narrow minded that they cannot see we do not chose this ... we can lose weight, they will always be judgemental prats :mad: Don't let them upset you, sugar ... non of them will be a patch on you, mwah xxx :D

Well I am disgusted with people so narrow minded that they cannot see we do not chose this ... we can lose weight, they will always be judgemental prats :mad: Don't let them upset you, sugar ... non of them will be a patch on you, mwah xxx :D
thanks honey, i know you're right and it doesnt usually bother me, i suppose becoming unemployed has made me feel rubbish so everything is getting to me. I made a post on my fb, i think i should go take it down lol xxx

thanks honey, i know you're right and it doesnt usually bother me, i suppose becoming unemployed has made me feel rubbish so everything is getting to me. I made a post on my fb, i think i should go take it down lol xxx

Why??? is your opinion not as valid as theirs? Chin up lovely, the perfect job for you is just around the corner xxx :):)

ok back to TBL lol xxx

Shame they dont make such harsh posts to smokers, gamblers, alcohol & substance abusers - after all their 'addicts.... standing up & admitting that you have any addiction is a very humbling experience, however unless you have been or are grossly overweight you will never ever understand or appreciate what a lonely & debilating illness it is! Fortunately you have us - all of whom are either going through/about to go through/have gone or will go through the same thoughts and feelings as you - keep the faith hun xxxxx

Shame they dont make such harsh posts to smokers, gamblers, alcohol & substance abusers - after all their 'addicts.... standing up & admitting that you have any addiction is a very humbling experience, however unless you have been or are grossly overweight you will never ever understand or appreciate what a lonely & debilating illness it is! Fortunately you have us - all of whom are either going through/about to go through/have gone or will go through the same thoughts and feelings as you - keep the faith hun xxxxx
i love this place, i feel bad that theres so much good news going around and i go and put a negative one up. But its great to have the support from this place, i dont know how i'd manage without it lol especially my little northern bestie Twink :D xxx

I have to agree hun! The tv is constantly doing these kinds of shows about the fattest people, swapping the diets of skinny and fat people etc and I think it makes people think its ok to judge us for being over weight and to be prejudice towards fat people. I've heard people comment that weight loss surgery shouldn't be allowed on the nhs even though it will save the nhs money in the long run. However, it is perfectly acceptable to treat people who have caused damage to their bodies through smoking and drinking etc.

Seeing all of these programmes on tv make me feel like a 2nd class citizen and makes me sad but then I get angry and want to show them all that I can be the 'bigger' person by changing my life for the better/healthier. Don't let them get you down - just show them what you're made of x

I felt the same thing looking at my friends posts on Facebook. One is a nurse and her comments were the worst about the size of people (too crude to put on here) I just thought hope I never have her looking after me!! People will always be cruel and that, as well as getting healthier, is why we are all conforming and are on here to lose weight.

There will always be a prejudice against fat people, and society condones it. It's like we are lesser beings! And they all assume we sit on a couch all day eating cakes and that we stink! We know it's not true!! Do we really need to let them know their comments hurt?

i love this place, i feel bad that theres so much good news going around and i go and put a negative one up. But its great to have the support from this place, i dont know how i'd manage without it lol especially my little northern bestie Twink :D xxx

Dont feel bad for feeling pooey about something mean, feel gr8 for letting ppl know that it actually bothered you :) - I see that as 100% positive xx

There will always be a prejudice against fat people, and society condones it. It's like we are lesser beings! And they all assume we sit on a couch all day eating cakes and that we stink! We know it's not true!! Do we really need to let them know their comments hurt?
i know, i was thinking of taking my post down

That is what is so great about this forum ... everyone has low times but there is always someone here to kiss it better, mwah, mwah. Hope you & LJ are feeling better now xxx :heartpump::heartpump:

I felt the same thing looking at my friends posts on Facebook. One is a nurse and her comments were the worst about the size of people (too crude to put on here) I just thought hope I never have her looking after me!! People will always be cruel and that, as well as getting healthier, is why we are all conforming and are on here to lose weight.

I think I have a bold statement to make and it is this......
THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I......

That is what is so great about this forum ... everyone has low times but there is always someone here to kiss it better, mwah, mwah. Hope you & LJ are feeling better now xxx :heartpump::heartpump:
shes soundo thanks my little rainbow drop :) i should be too, ive got to go to the dole office tomorrow, deep joy lol

That poor women also had lymphodeama. That is one awful thing to have. My son has it and his full left leg holds a extra 7 pints of fluid to the other leg. His leg is literally 3 times the size of the other. This on top of her weight. People are far too quick to criticise us fatties.

Back