• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Blues Banding....

Is amazed by my gastric band - (I call it Grumbler as it makes loads of noises if I dont eat lol)....

My Grumbler has specific effects with EGGS -
Scrambled - Pure indigestion and pain -Wont be trying that any day soon!
Poached -Can handle one ok
Fried - Bloats me fast, but I can eat it with a slight pain
Boiled -Unless I chew it till its tiny pieces then I get indigestion!
Omelette - Just tried one and its ok! woop woop!

Ironically My grumbler has problems with potatoes too!
Boiled -Nope cant eat!
Baked/jacket -Cant eat, hurts too much
Mashed -I can eat if its not too fluffy
Chips-Cant eat, the pain hurts too much

I had a prob with scrambled but haven't tried any others. Very scary today haven't had much restriction - weird because had quite a bit yesterday but could definately manage more today altho still smaller portions than pre band, but going to Portugal tomorrow so not good time to loose restriction, I am going to have to use will power cause holidays were my very worst time for weight gain. Next fill next week I really need to be good.

Good luck with your fill Lovely, was download good?
I'm soooooo jealous that I didn't get to go this year:sigh:
Em xxxxx

Kay - Stick to the salads and Protein and your'll be fine in Portugal....Im not sure if you eat fish (as im allergic), but they do loads out there! or chicken - piri piri style :)....

Have a lovely holiday hun x

Evenstarr

Download was Awesome....i let my hair down and just partied....Yes I gained 2lbs, but ive just weighed myself this week and ive lost....3lbs, so ive got it back off again :)

Not many of my bands were playing, more of my partners...But I did get to see 'Steel panter' who were funny as hell, and shinedown were fantastic...Theory of a deadman rocked....And Tenacious d is brilliant live!

Hi just wanted to say hello and to say you are doing so well, I am relatively new to this site and wanted to read a diary which started when someone had been banded to see what they experienced and been aware of any potential downfalls etc.

Keep posting as it really does help....:)

Hi Galaxy - Welcome to WLS....

I learnt so much from this site, the good, the bad and the ugly! ;)

Made a couple of friends too....

I check on it every few days, but at first I was on it for hours -reading, searching things on my mind....

Hey blue, i was wondering, what could you eat before your first fill? I havent had a fill yet and i am able to eat EVERYTHING!!! there is nothing I've tried that I cannot eat! I had my op on 8th May and i'm getting my first fill on monday, and I cannot wait - my hunger is increasing daily! Just wondering if this change with like the eggs and stuff happened after your fill?

Hey blue, i was wondering, what could you eat before your first fill? I havent had a fill yet and i am able to eat EVERYTHING!!! there is nothing I've tried that I cannot eat! I had my op on 8th May and i'm getting my first fill on monday, and I cannot wait - my hunger is increasing daily! Just wondering if this change with like the eggs and stuff happened after your fill?

Hi Lisa

It reverts back to that feeling like after the Op, when your not as hungry, and when you eat you get fuller faster. Remember your on liquids/slops for 48hrs after the fill...(well my provider says too), and then you start introducing new foods into your diet.

I tried Bread -toasted -hurt so much i dont wanna try it again.
Potatoes still hurt. unless mashed thinly.
Rice - I can only manage a bit of.

I must say though, my appetite has picked up again, so im happy my next (2nd) fill is soon, as you do find ways to ignore things....Im just sticking to the calorie intake, and making sure its something I can eat.

Evenstarr

Download was Awesome....i let my hair down and just partied....Yes I gained 2lbs, but ive just weighed myself this week and ive lost....3lbs, so ive got it back off again :)

Not many of my bands were playing, more of my partners...But I did get to see 'Steel panter' who were funny as hell, and shinedown were fantastic...Theory of a deadman rocked....And Tenacious d is brilliant live!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it, and yeah Tenacious D are very very funny live, Jack Black is a star.
Really would have to see the Prodigy there :jelous:

If I go to Leeds this year I'm only going on the day The Cure and The Hives are playing.
Em xxxx

Sorry to overtake your thread Blue.

Lisa, you may find that after a while you recognise different cycles of how hungry you are. I certainly do, and I can eat 2500-3000 calories of food a day when I am ravenous due to TOTM. And that ravenous stage can last for 2 or more weeks ... what I find works is being honest with myself and writing it all down - good or bad. That way I can achieve balance ... and knowing how my body now works with/against the band allows me to plan and not feel guilty about what I do eat. What fun, eh :rolleyes:

I stick to my myfitnesspal - I put everything I eat on there...its wonderful.

As I lose weight, it adjusts my BMR to let me know how many calories I should be having.

Me too ... Mfp all the way!!!

If you click on the little blue icon under my Name flutterby1966 likes to post pn the left handside of my profile details it will take you to me on myfitnesspal and you can add me ... If u want LOL

Last edited:
If you click on the little blue icon under my Name flutterby1966 likes to post pn the left handside of my profile details it will take you to me on myfitnesspal and you can add me ... If u want LOL

Oh wow, how did you get the icon on your profile hun?- id like to put my mfp icon on mine.... x

Hi, I'm new to having the op, and using fitness pal too, how many calories are we meant to have in a day.

Had a band fitted wed just gone

Stu 5ft 8 male incase my name done five it away

Thanks anyone.

Don't worry about cals as you're too soon out of the op! You are prob hardly getting anything in you?

A bit further down the line you'll find what works for you, mine was low at 800....others have needed 1200 for optimum loss. The key is to think high protein and low carb....try for 60g protein each day! Myfitnesspal breaks down carb/protein etc so great to help you track x

Back