• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bucket list

Louie lou

Pre-Op
Only not things to do before you die, things to do once you have lost your weight.

1, walk along a beach and not feel embarrassed.
2, go on all the rides at Alton towers.
3, get in a size 14.
4, sit on a plane with room to move.

Butterfly_lady

1. Plonk myself down on a garden chair knowing that its not going to break
2. Have a bath and a) be able to get out easily and b) not pull the plug out and have the front empty but the back is over flowing due to my dam of a backside
3. Walk between chairs in pubs/restaurants not take the long way round as I won't fit in the gaps
4. Use a full mirror rather than the small one I use now to check my make-up

Louie lou

Pre-Op
Ditto. lol

mazza141180

Post-op Gastric Bypass
*sit in the meeting chairs at work and not come away with huge bruises on my thighs due to having wedged myself in

*ALTON TOWERS

*airplane seats too

*stand next to a normal size person and not feel completely horrified that I'm probably double their weight and then some

* shop in clothes shops not for 'larger women'

* hear a compliment and believe that maybe part of it is true

annemieke_loves

Good thread!

Sit on plane without belt extension
Wear clothes more suitable for my age,,not just tents
Run around and play with kids more
Not feel embarrassed eating out etc
Get a swimsuit and take the kids to seaside/pool
Hop on a plane and see my inlaws, haven't seen them for 4 years,have felt too embarrassed of my weight to do so, they haven't met my youngest child yet :-(

Louie lou

Pre-Op
Im with you there, I love being able to go into Tesco, Asda, next and pick up size 20/22. When it's 14/16 I'll be a happy bunny.

Lippyloirston

Learn to ride a horse (not a Clydesdale :D)
Sit on my hubbies knee without squashing him:8855:
Not be the last person someone sits next to on a bus or train, no actually I quite like that....

Wear high heels again, without crippling pain
Take up running, I know I surprise myself at times :whacky068:

lyturt

Enjoy eating out without wondering if people are watching disapproingly
not have to wear granny shoes because they are the only ones that fit
be able to shop at primark instead of having to pay over the odds for outsize clothes.

sarahrob

One of the sites I work at is at the bottom of a very steep hill. Coming out of the site I have to climb 62 steep concrete steps. For the 12 months I've worked there I've had to take a break halfway up, so when leaving a meeting I have to loiter until everyone else has left - no way will I let them see me gasping for breath and sweating cobs!
I can't wait for the day I can walk up to the car park with everyone else - I may even be tempted to run up the steps Rocky-style:)

Danielle <3

- I would like to put on a dress and feel a million dollars instead of pulling myself to bits before going out
- Try on a size 12 and wear it comfortably
- Eat to live not live to eat :D
Great thread x

happy days

- I would like to put on a dress and feel a million dollars instead of pulling myself to bits before going out
- Try on a size 12 and wear it comfortably
- Eat to live not live to eat :D
Great thread x

Danielle.
We will always find fault. It's a women thing lol x

Ines4C

Would love to wear size 10 or 12, would love to wear a bikini, want to run around a track without needing a break, And I want to find somebody who can tandem bike again with me when I'm light enough... Can't cycle by myself due to severe visual impairment.

Louie lou

Pre-Op
I agree with all of you whole hearted.

Something else I noticed, when I have my jeans on my legs don't rub together as much as they used to do. So another thing is...
When a dress without thighs rubbing and getting sore.

Ines4C

Oh yes that's another good one, and not having to worry that your jeans get a hole in them in the thigh area.

Louie lou

Pre-Op
Cinemas seat without hips overflowing over the arms.

Beegee

Brilliant thread..
1. Being able to put the tray table down in an aeroplane without resting it at an angle on your belly
2. Steering my car with just two hands and not two hands and a belly..
3. Return from a weeks adventure holiday knowing that I participated in all of the activities with my son and not just the ones without weight restrictions...
4. Move around gracefully and silently.. and not ooo, arrr, huff, puff, pant, and groan!

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
Apart from the health things that got me the bypass in the first place here are just a few selfish ones of mine...

To be able to walk up the aisle of a plane without having to apologise to all and sundry as I invade their space :eek:

To return to the Maldives and go snorkelling again but without feeling like a whale in the process.

The restaurant/cafe table and chairs thing... If you are morbidly obese you will know what I mean ;)

To wear Dresses that suit me, figure hugging clothes and knee high boots :drool:

A cheeky one now and i make no apologies ...To find my inner sexual goddess again :angeldevil:

To take our granddaughter to Orlando and instead of sitting on a wall outside the rides watching everyone else having fun actually doing them myself.. This is a few years away yet though.

soohoo

yes I agree with all of you.and as I have got bigger.when you go in a shop waiting to pay.people look at you.and you can feel children staring at you.sometimes I fell like a monster.the laughing and sniggering.but the most one I want.is to put my wedding ring on.i had it made a bit bigger but still wouldn't fit.i havnt had it on for 20 years.keep up the good work everyone