• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bucket list

Well one thing I haven't done in year is get out of the bath by just pushing up with my arms and standing up. It's really nice to feel normal again and not have to roll onto my knees to be able to get out.
Today got below 14 stone and the scales now day 13st 13lbs.
Also now buying size 16 although all the size 18 summer cloths I brought in April will have to do cus not buying new ones when theses have had no use yet.
In the last Month I have lost 9lbs so the loss has picked up a bit because it had dropped to a pound a week for the last few months.
Just over 13 months post op and 10 stone 5lbs gone. Another 2 stone to go to target. Hoping to be there by 15th Oct as that will be 2 tears since I had the go ahead for the operation.

1. Plonk myself down on a garden chair knowing that its not going to break
2. Have a bath and a) be able to get out easily and b) not pull the plug out and have the front empty but the back is over flowing due to my dam of a backside
3. Walk between chairs in pubs/restaurants not take the long way round as I won't fit in the gaps
4. Use a full mirror rather than the small one I use now to check my make-up

I always want to stop being a liar!!

Oh no I prefer to stand (that chair wont hold my weight)
No I'm fine indoors I enjoy watching the kids you stop there (I can sit on the sofa and rest my swollen feet/ankles while you have fun in the garder)
Oh I hate the beach the sand gets everywhere ( I struggle to walk in sand plus I cant sit on a towel as I can't get back up)
No I won't come up to see the fantastic view I'm fine here ( the stairs will kill me)

I want to be able to put my knickers on normally not have to lasso them round my leg :D

I can tick all these and so many more off my list, loved the thread at the time and loving reading it back now im almost 9st lighter :)

Butterfly_lady my o my that could be me who wrote that list the only thing missing and hope I can say is getting a sex life back. Because of my size and aches and pains I sleep on my own but I hope that will change when there's more room in the bed.

Butterfly_lady my o my that could be me who wrote that list the only thing missing and hope I can say is getting a sex life back. Because of my size and aches and pains I sleep on my own but I hope that will change when there's more room in the bed.

Sex life vastly improves!!! I promise! I think because there's less tummy in the way and you become fitter and much more flexible! *blushes*

That's what I like someone who honest lol it is a subject that not touched on but so important. I can't wait the imagination keeps going into over drive lol

That's what I like someone who honest lol it is a subject that not touched on but so important. I can't wait the imagination keeps going into over drive lol

HA! I had sex on Friday which was amazing and then again this morning and I swear each time I can feel more and more of my hip bones! It's strange and my boyfriend hasn't mentioned a thing bless him! It's like being a teenager and discovering your sexuality all over again but with the confidence of being an adult and having already tried out various...things!

Hope you don't mind me asking have you got a lot of loose skin. And how much have you lost. As I said I can't wait what with the fat getting in the way the pains and the flipping menopause hot sweats it's become necessary for the hubby to sleep in the spare room just so he can get some sleep. But he better watch out when the blubber has gone. I think my new name might be rampant rabbet lolm

Here goes:

Take a tumbling class at the circus space
Get a mani-pedi just for fun
Take an acting class
Take a dance class
Buy a bikini
Buy an expensive beautiful dress
Do an activity that requires a harness (rock climbing, zip lining, go ape)
Buy a corset and fancy lingerie
Get my teeth fixed
Go on a transatlantic cruise
Treat my mum to a girls spa weekend
Gymnastic sex in previously unachievable positions
Cross legs sitting at my desk

And finally
Learn to love my new body how ever it ends up. It will never be perfect but it can be healthy.

Last edited:
I start my crazy diet on 10th September. I'm going for my pre op on 22nd September and the op on 10th October all being well. I wanted a sleeve was advised I should have a bypass but when he saw a scar down my middle he said I might end up with a sleeve because a bypass might not be possible

Hi everyone, not been on here for ages, but for about 2 months I've been getting out of the bath the old fashioned way, ie arms, push, stand up.
Not the way I've had to do it for years ie roll over onto knees and struggle to stand up.
I did it the first time without thinking about it, I don't think I would have done it if I had given it to much thought because I don't think I would have thought I could still do it.
But now it's normal again.
Also took our grandson to the beach for the day back in July and he ran down the beech at full tilt, so watched him for a while and then decided he want going to stop so I RAN after him. It felt great, easy and uplifting.
So I've lost over 11 stone now, just got to 12st 13lbs with 2 stone to go.
But I think I would be happy with 1 more stone. I'll see when I get there.

Back