• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bucket list

I always want to stop being a liar!!

Oh no I prefer to stand (that chair wont hold my weight)
No I'm fine indoors I enjoy watching the kids you stop there (I can sit on the sofa and rest my swollen feet/ankles while you have fun in the garder)
Oh I hate the beach the sand gets everywhere ( I struggle to walk in sand plus I cant sit on a towel as I can't get back up)
No I won't come up to see the fantastic view I'm fine here ( the stairs will kill me)

Love this thread! I so agree with everyone....I would actually love to skydive (charity dive and was told i was too heavy), not to sit blushing feeling embarrassed when on the news they r discussing introducing a fat tax on airplanes, but the main one.....let me get pregnant!!! Want to be a mummy more than anything :)

A cheeky one now and i make no apologies ...To find my inner sexual goddess again :angeldevil:

I have a whole section of the karma sutra to tick off so I am with you there ...

to be able to wear a decent boned corset and fishtail skirt (I do a lot of gothic events), not hide under a cloak

to be able to wear a wetsuit and go back to see my dad in perth and be able to swim with the sharks because I couldn't last time as they had nothing that would fit me

to look fab in my handfasting photos in 2015..

To look forward to getting dressed up when I go out.
A trip on the Orient Express.
Wear a bikini and feel the sun on my skin on a beautiful beach somewhere hot.
Buy and feel sexy in beautiful lingerie.
Get into my lovely vintage 1940s clothes.
Have a professional photoshoot, maybe 40s pinup!

Great thread!

I want to be able to go out and hold my head up high.
Go into any shop and buy clothes
Attend family functions without some idiot telling me how bug I am now.
Run around with my children
Do the Housework without feeling I have run a marathon.
Feel my age.
Have sex-I have not had set in almost 3 years and I am married woman. Heartbreaking.

* Alton Towers
* Squeeze between two people in a crowded room and them not move the length of a bus
* My boyfriend to be able to put his arms round my waist
* Walk in to a shop and know that everything in there will near enough fit me.. not have to walk to the back of the shop for the plus sizes
*TMI but not having to wash UNDER my fat? I literally can lift my stomach and clean under there - not fun
* To be able to sit on somebody's knee
* To want to take part in a photograph!

Really inspiring to read others buckets lists... So many similarities .
Great Thread :)

Just wanna be normal and fit in with the normal crowd... fed up of being different..

No I'm fine indoors I enjoy watching the kids you stop there (I can sit on the sofa and rest my swollen feet/ankles while you have fun in the garder)
Oh I hate the beach the sand gets everywhere ( I struggle to walk in sand plus I cant sit on a towel as I can't get back up)
No I won't come up to see the fantastic view I'm fine here ( the stairs will kill me)

Brilliant.

You are so spot on. X

Apart from the health things that got me the bypass in the first place here are just a few selfish ones of mine...

To be able to walk up the aisle of a plane without having to apologise to all and sundry as I invade their space :eek:

To return to the Maldives and go snorkelling again but without feeling like a whale in the process.

The restaurant/cafe table and chairs thing... If you are morbidly obese you will know what I mean ;)

To wear Dresses that suit me, figure hugging clothes and knee high boots :drool:

A cheeky one now and i make no apologies ...To find my inner sexual goddess again :angeldevil:

To take our granddaughter to Orlando and instead of sitting on a wall outside the rides watching everyone else having fun actually doing them myself.. This is a few years away yet though.

I love snorkelling and diving but last time I had to get on the dive boat in Mexico I had to get on from in the sea instead of of a pier.

We had to carry the tank from the dive shack over the rocky beach into the very rock sea and then jump onto the boat.

My son look so concerned he held onto me over the beach through the sea and my husband kept asking if I was ok ( maybe he though I would have a heart attack)

When I got the the boat I looked at it and there was one step about waist height.
I knew there was no way in hell in was getting on..

My son and husband relieved me of the tanks. My husband got on the boat and my son stood behind me.

Glenn my husband got my hands, Alexander my son stuck my foot on the step (only just I might add) and stuck his hand on my bum and one hauled one shoved and with red face and a feeling like I would just like to sink below the waves I was in..

Getting in the sea and back onto the boat once the dive was over wasn't as bad cus at least I did it myself but my god never again like that..

I love snorkelling and diving but last time I had to get on the dive boat in Mexico I had to get on from in the sea instead of of a pier.

We had to carry the tank from the dive shack over the rocky beach into the very rock sea and then jump onto the boat.

My son look so concerned he held onto me over the beach through the sea and my husband kept asking if I was ok ( maybe he though I would have a heart attack)

When I got the the boat I looked at it and there was one step about waist height.
I knew there was no way in hell in was getting on..

My son and husband relieved me of the tanks. My husband got on the boat and my son stood behind me.

Glenn my husband got my hands, Alexander my son stuck my foot on the step (only just I might add) and stuck his hand on my bum and one hauled one shoved and with red face and a feeling like I would just like to sink below the waves I was in..

Getting in the sea and back onto the boat once the dive was over wasn't as bad cus at least I did it myself but my god never again like that..

OMG you just bought back a hidden memory as something similar happened to me in Taba Egypt a few years ago had a great time snorkelling there. We got from the shore to the sea via a very small opening in the sharp coral reef that was only visible at low tide ... Only thing was the tide was racing out which meant that we had to go with it and to get back out we had to use the pier exit and the tide was really strong at this point. The ladder up from there was in a bad state of repair rusty and missing it bottom rungs :eek: the first usable one was at my shoulder. I couldn't get round o the other side as the tide was so strong now and was dragging me under the pier .... I had two hulking strangers from above hauling me up on the pier and hubby pushing at my rear end to get me up :eek::eek::eek:. i felt like a landed whale once I got up top and had a five inch gash on my leg from the rusty sharp ladder:eek: I could say I nearly died of embarrassment as there was now an audience but I was just so relieved just to be out on dry land but thinking back ...I'm positively cringing.

OMG you just bought back a hidden memory as something similar happened to me in Taba Egypt a few years ago had a great time snorkelling there. We got from the shore to the sea via a very small opening in the sharp coral reef that was only visible at low tide ... Only thing was the tide was racing out which meant that we had to go with it and to get back out we had to use the pier exit and the tide was really strong at this point. The ladder up from there was in a bad state of repair rusty and missing it bottom rungs :eek: the first usable one was at my shoulder. I couldn't get round o the other side as the tide was so strong now and was dragging me under the pier .... I had two hulking strangers from above hauling me up on the pier and hubby pushing at my rear end to get me up :eek::eek::eek:. i felt like a landed whale once I got up top and had a five inch gash on my leg from the rusty sharp ladder:eek: I could say I nearly died of embarrassment as there was now an audience but I was just so relieved just to be out on dry land but thinking back ...I'm positively cringing.

I think we all have these horror stories... I was in the catacombs in Malta and actually got stuck as I was trying to walk through a narrow doorway.. I managed to get out and back tracked but then got lost and everytime I tried to find my way out I kept coming back to this doorway.. there were lots of people around and I kept asking how to get out and they kept laughing and saying how people always get lost but not to worry the way out is just down there.. the dreaded doorway.. to get out I knew I needed to get back down another passageway but there was a sign saying no entry and it seemed that bus loads of tourists were coming through my only exit... I was sweating profusely even though it was very cool down there and realised I was about to go into a panic attack.. my only option was to shout to them that I was coming through as I was too tall (of course meant too wide) to get through the other way... it meant that loads of other people had to reverse to let me out... I was a right state when I got to the top.. so much so that one of the curators rushed over and asked if I needed an ambulance.. mortified. Left and didn't return.

Another thing that made me quite paranoid for a while and gave me bad dreams was about 20 years ago when I wasn't even as big as I am now, I was walking across a main road at lunch time to go get a sandwich from the buttie shop opposite work and a car drove passed and the yelled something like "Hey Fatty" I had never been so embarrassed in all my life.
I was slim at school and when I first got married I had only started putting the weight on after my son was born and wasn't used to abuse. Not that you ever get used to it.
Instead of it making me lose weight I think it made me retreat even further and not go out as much etc.

So to be able to walk down the road with confidence and feeling good about myself and if people look at me I will know its good and not bad.

I think we all have these horror stories... I was in the catacombs in Malta and actually got stuck as I was trying to walk through a narrow doorway.. I managed to get out and back tracked but then got lost and everytime I tried to find my way out I kept coming back to this doorway.. there were lots of people around and I kept asking how to get out and they kept laughing and saying how people always get lost but not to worry the way out is just down there.. the dreaded doorway.. to get out I knew I needed to get back down another passageway but there was a sign saying no entry and it seemed that bus loads of tourists were coming through my only exit... I was sweating profusely even though it was very cool down there and realised I was about to go into a panic attack.. my only option was to shout to them that I was coming through as I was too tall (of course meant too wide) to get through the other way... it meant that loads of other people had to reverse to let me out... I was a right state when I got to the top.. so much so that one of the curators rushed over and asked if I needed an ambulance.. mortified. Left and didn't return.

Awwww hun I apologise because I did laugh at this but I think it's because I can relate to it...getting out of Edinburgh zoos only exit ..a man height all enclosed turnstile cage type thing ..we had to go search for someone to let us out another way :eek:

Funnily though I was talking with my sis about the amount of once in a lifetime things I have denied myself because of my weight and I'm fully intending to go back and do them once I'm skinny...

1/ ride on a gondola
2/ visit Petra
3/ visit pompeii and herculaneum
4/ walk the Vatnajokull national park and its glacier in Iceland

Its going to take a few years but I'm not going to be beaten on this... i will succeed eventually!!

Since you started this post I have also been thinking about all the things I have denied myself... op is in Oct and now more than ever I am soooo looking forward to it. My list is going to be a whole life time long.. but at least as a slimly I will be able to do everything in double quick time. :)

I want to be able to put my knickers on normally not have to lasso them round my leg :D

For years even in the winter I wore slip on shoes without socks because i had to get hold my trouser leg to be able to get my foot close enough to put the bloody socks on and I couldn't breath at the same time cus the fat was pressing on my chest so much.

Now without even thinking about it just standing up put socks on, done.

The first time I did it I was so happy and I realised that everything to do with my feet, cutting toe nail, putting on nail varnish ect is now a pleasure not a lung busting chore.

I'm wearing wedges for the first time tonight. Omfg lol

I think all the replies on this threat are ones that every fat person can understand, we have all been in the same situations or want the same things, I know I do.
I have read all the replies and agree with all of them and hope (No Know) we will all get there and get our Bucket List of thing we will do.

Back