• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bucket list

I actually have decided that I want to run a half marathon before I'm 30. Want to show everyone that despite my visual impairment and despite the fact that I used to get out of breath and bad back pain after walking for two minutes, I can turn this around and run a half marathon.

Brilliant. At the moment I'm plucking up courage to run on the tread mill at the gym instead of walking. I might practice at home in the garden first. Where no one can see me. lol.

Inesc that's brilliant and I have no doubt that you will achieve this :)

Brilliant. At the moment I'm plucking up courage to run on the tread mill at the gym instead of walking. I might practice at home in the garden first. Where no one can see me. lol.

I have been trying to run on the treadmill, but can't do more than a minute at a time right now. Afterwards my hip is giving me a bit of problems... But the more weight I lose, the easier it'll get.

just to join in on this thread.....I'd like to go on charity bike rides abroad. Need to find a bike that won't buckle under my weight . :)

Had a new hair cut, didn't dare do it before, so gone drastic. eeek.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My new hair cut.

Last edited:
image.jpg

Last edited:
image.jpg

And again

Last edited:
image.jpg

Lovely style looking fab xx

Wow!

Lovely Jane. Congrats with the brilliant weight loss too hun. Amazing difference :) x

You look years younger well done!!!!!

Thanks everyone.
My husband always liked my hair long and I was so shocked when I said I fancied my hair short for a change and he said 'go for it'. I nearly fell off my chair. So that day before I chickened out
I booked the appointment.

He been so supportive and now comments everyday about one thing or another looking good. Now in a size 18 from a 30 and just into the 15 stone range from the 24s. I am looking forward to next summer like never before, won't have to hide or feel self conscious walking anywhere.

One tick off the bucket list to have a more modern hair doooooo.

How has everyone's husbands/partnered reacted to the weight loss. I've seen one or two threads where they have reacted badly. I read these to my husband and he couldn't comprehend their reaction. He said "surely if it make them happier, healthier and feel better about life in general then they ( the partners ) should feel the same. When I saw the weight coming off you and your confidence soar I felt so happy for you and for myself because I could see the old you coming back, it's a win win all around"

Tried a pair if my old jeans on yesterday.

Attachments

• image-2489620150.jpg
    image-2489620150.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 53
1. Plonk myself down on a garden chair knowing that its not going to break
2. Have a bath and a) be able to get out easily and b) not pull the plug out and have the front empty but the back is over flowing due to my dam of a backside
3. Walk between chairs in pubs/restaurants not take the long way round as I won't fit in the gaps
4. Use a full mirror rather than the small one I use now to check my make-up

All ticked off apart from the bath as we only have walk in shower, will see what happens in July when I'm on holidays :)

Loving the 2 legs in 1 pic :)

Back