• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Hi Shelley-Marie, I am thinking about joining slimming world, I am almost 9 months post op and I have lost 9 and a half stone I now weigh 12 stone 3 pounds but my goal is 11 stone. I seem to have stalled and it's now a pound here and there. I have never gained a single pound since embarking on my journey but I am very worried about joing SW as my portion sizes are very small. I have a 'snug' pouch as my surgeon called it and I am sometimes sick a little. SW is known for eating until your full but I remember when I was doing it pre op you could eat a fair amount. How do you find it? Did you tell them you have had bariatric surgery?

Your thoughts and advice would be much appreciated.

Xx

I also joined slimming world as I am now at the point where the weightloss doesn't come easy. It has definitely helped me keep my losses moving. You do need to be a little careful with your super free third - you must make sure you get your protein and if your restriction is quite tight you may find nutritionally you will struggle.worth a try though and I sometimes supplement with a protein shake for 5syns

Hi Italian-Rose, this is my first week at SW but I'm finding it good so far. I certainly couldn't eat as much as they say you can but It limits unhealthy foods so I think that is the thing that will help. I did tell them I had surgery, I don't think it gives me an advantage as losing weight now is very hard. I have quite a snug pouch too and I seem to do ok on it. You've lost 230lb? that is incredible! Good luck and any other questions feel free to ask x

Thanks Yvessa, I shall bare that in mind. Maybe I shall hold off a little longer and see how it goes. Protein bars and shakes are a waste of money they fill me so quick.

No Sorry, i have lost 130 pounds that was a typo error I only really have one more stone to loose. I've lost over 9 stone.

Thank you both for your kind words it is something to think about.

X

Thank you both for the advice x

Hello all, haven't posted in a while but thought id start again. I'm really struggling with my self image at the moment. I just don't see what everybody else sees and it's really messing with my head.

I've also been eating more snacks and carbs lately, which has really slowed my weight loss. Even though this is my own fault, it's really upsetting me. I need to nip it in the bud, as I want to hit my personal goal of 10st by Christmas. I'm hoping if I start posting here again it'll help keep me on the straight and narrow.

B - Fage with grapes & strawberries.
S - 30g of ham.
L - 60g bag of fridge raiders.
S - 30g of cheese, tsp of pickle
T - Chicken fajita with salsa & Fage.

Drinks - Costa flat white with s/f caramel syrup, tea, coffee, water, nas ribena.

Are you eating enough at meals Hun? This was the time I found myself snacking and I found just a tablespoon of food extra really made the difference.

Are you eating enough at meals Hun? This was the time I found myself snacking and I found just a tablespoon of food extra really made the difference.
I'm still eating off a tea plate, and my portion size is bigger. I'm scared I've stretched my pouch and I'm going to get bigger. I see bigger me, not the size 12, 10st 6lb me that everyone else sees.

Oh Hun I know that fear so totally. Mine is still a teaplate but my portions too are bigger. And it is scary but forcing myself to stick to earlier portions just left me snacking.

I completely understand this. I feel like my portion sizes have gone up. I still use a tea plate but think I pile it on bit much some times. Eyes still bigger than belly syndrome. I use to eat about 800 calories a day. I could never just that now. I definitely don't feel my size. I'm off to thorpe park tomorrow and I still feel like I'm not going to fit on the rides!

Sorry to hear your feeling a bit down Paula hopefully its just a little blip and you will feel back to normal soon. I also think your right by reposting your menu's again you may find things pick up pace. I wish you all the best.

Shelley i hope you have a fab time at thorpe park i am dieing to go again the last time i went was many moons ago and a very skinny me!! :)

Yesterdays Menu:
Breakfast:
Special K with red berries (baby bowl)
Ss milk

Lunch:
Some ham and some cheese sliced up and a yogurt a while later.

Dinner:
1/2 a chicken leg
3 thin chips
Gravy
1/2 a corn on the cob
2 mouthfuls of bbq beans

Drink: water, coffee, squash

Today is my sisters birthday she had lill gathering last night so i had 1 cheese straw and small glass of red wine and later on i had slither of birthday cake. Today we are going to a carvery have not been since pre op any tips?

Have a fab day all.

Xx

Hi Paula it does take our heads a while to get in touch with the body, it is really difficult. I feel the same girl about portion sizes even though I use a tea plate. My main problem is a t work, what to take on these long shifts will I ETA TOO MUCH WILL I NOT HAVE ENOUGH I WORRY ABOUT WHAT WILL HAPPEN IF I HAVE A DUMPING SESSION WHEN I AM LONE WORKING. Lots of concerns but hey we have to live and we wanted a better life and it is much better, we do look and feel better, some days we see it and some days we don't. Put a group of photos together that's when you see the biggest difference.\My God it can be amazing, this journey was never guna be a quick fix and it is for ever if we want to stay this way. WE just have to find a way to live happily and healthily. Live we must, if we aren't guna live and get hung up on everything then we may have just stayed at Slimming World or Weight Watchers and yo yo d for the rest of our lives. No we didn't want that we have done it and we must live accordingly. There is very little I have not tried food wise. I can manage and will manage now because that is what I need to do to make the best of what I have got. People come ad go on these sites. I have watched soo many over the last couple of years they have their ops loose way much more than I HAVE look amazing then disappear, some come back horrified and others you never hera from again. I am still here because eit is a lifeline to shar esome of my fears and hopes and concerns with, bounce ideas off, find new ways or new ideas I have never looked at before. This is an amazing journey and one we chose to go on. Buckle up girls it is like a fairground ride only it can be the biggest roller coaster ride ever. ENJOY the highs share the lows. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you all for your lovely kind words. I'll be alright, just need my head to catch up a bit. I'm here for the long haul too Chris, I find the site a brilliant support, plus I'd miss you guys xx

Paula, sorry to hear you are struggling with self image, it just takes so damn long for our heads to catch up. And I think to a certain extent we will always have our "fat heads" on. I think logging on here is an excellent idea to try and keep on the straight and narrow, I've always looked at your menus and been so impressed. Your achievement, what you have lost so far, is a phenomenal success. But I know how difficult it is to celebrate and feel proud of what you have achieved when you still see how far you have to go. I have no doubt that you will get on top of things. From one exiled Welsh girl to another - sending you a massive cwtch,

So it's my confession time: I've been struggling for 6-8 weeks with portion size and snacking. I still have restriction, but my capacity is quite large (for us). Its snacking that's doing my head in, feel a little bit like I've lost my way. Basically I'm eating virtually at maintenance levels, desperately trying to regain satiety. I actually feel like I was forced out of "the zone" partly by my dietician and partly by my friends. I was told to stop weighing and counting calories, basically told to relax and listen to my body! And my friends think I should be satisfied with what I've lost already, and that I was obsessive, blah blah blah. None of them would be happy if they were 15 1/2 stone!

Ohhh Fiona that cwtch was lovely. I think it's really important that we remain honest with ourselves, however difficult it may be. This week I am making a concerted effort not to snack, unless it's healthy and to cut down my carbs.

I'm so glad I've met you all on here. Your all a constant stream of friendship and support. I hope one day we can all meet in person and have some fun together :)

Hello all.
I gave been away this weekend with my friend. She is pregnant so not a big boozy one!
Yesterday -
Banana
Hotel biscuit
Prawn sand which from costa
Seabass and green beans from bella Italia
2 vodka and soda
Tried clothes on. 14-16. Got upset as seen body in full in a changing room mirror. Skin going south. 12.7 stone and doing to stop at 12 stone which shouldn't be too hard as I am in Maintenance now even though op was in Feb 13.

Today
1 sausage, mushrooms, 1 egg yolk and tea spoons of beans
Lunch - half a muffin
Tea - bowl of fruit and fibre
Snack - eating chilli crisps
May have a slice of toast later

Since my cat has been ill these past 6 weeks I felt like my intake was a little out of control, now he has gone I feel like I'm suddenly back on top of it. Stress is clearly a factor I will have be very aware of.

B: My home-made cranberry and pumpkin bread with soft cheese.
S: Coffee and 1/4 muffin.
L: 40g coulommiers cheese, 1 dutch crisp bread and reduced fat pate.
S: 1 welsh cake with butter. Glass of milk.
D: Roast pork with 2 little roast potatoes and butternut squash & carrot mash.

Today's menu.

B - Fage with grapes & strawberries.
L - Home made lasagne, 1 sml slice of garlic bread.
T - Tuna salad, 10ml of salad cream.
S - 4 red & 4 green grapes.
Drinks - Tea, coffee, nas ribena.

Does anyone else find themselves worrying about restriction and then struggling every so often to eat enough? Mine can be so variable.

Does anyone else find themselves worrying about restriction and then struggling every so often to eat enough? Mine can be so variable.

With me, it depends on what I'm eating. Wetter things I can usually eat more of. But saying that, one day I'm ok with something, the next a couple if mouthfuls and I'm full.

Yes Yve I can equate with that, some days I can eat quite a bit then some days just have to leave it sitting on my little plate, its amazing that our restriction is really still good long may it continue our surgeons did a stirling job xx

Back