• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Yep I had champagne Thursday each week - sometimes Thursday came several times a week and I reeeeaaally miss diet coke - I have three cans in the fridge that are taunting me :)

Read somewhere that if you add loads of ice and whisk it about a bit til it is flat it is then ok to drink.

Not tried any alcohol since op?

I've 4 litres of Stolli and Absolut vodka to get through before the op lol

Nope not tried anything, don't want to have unnecessary calories! (this will change but I'm going to have a good six months plus without )

Will be a bit odd when I go up home and go out on the town with mates, no drink. But not that bothered to be honest, was to be half the man I am now and I know that post op I won't be able to have any of my usual tipple of Corona or Bud

Today's menu
B ready brek with ss milk
L 3 grilled fish fingers and 2 spoons of beans
D ready brek with ss milk

Snack 3 x 20g cheddar cheese
25g mini ginger nuts

Drinks: 1.5 LTR water, 4 decaf coffee with ss milk

Tomorrow is my 6 month Surgiversary, hoping to have lost 10 stone. Currently 9.9 , fingers crossed

That's excellent Ryan, hoping for the same loss myself. currently 24st so 10 loss would do me very nicely

Omg Ryan! 10 stone in 6 months that is amazing. Can not imagine how anyone can achieve such a huge loss in that short a time. Congratulations you should be really proud of yourself!

Hi everyone, my name is Stef, from Cheshire. I had bypass surgery 11 weeks ago tomorrow! so far i have lost 3stone! Really really pleased! Can i just say well done to everyone on here for doing so well. Its hard but its great when you see those scales getting less and less and especially when people comment on your weight loss. I find it hard to see any loss when i look in the mirror, i always see the same thing! I went out a few weeks ago and drank vodka with orange was hoping i would be tipsy after a couple but no such luck. I thought you were meant to get drunk a lot quicker? not that i want to get drunk but tipsy would be good! but anyway will start posting menu's when i can. Love to read what you all post its very inspiring. Keep up the good work.
Stef x

Hiya Stef, fantastic weightloss!!! Well done :)

Yesterdays menu-
Breakfast - a weight watchers fromage frais and half a satsuma
Lunch - cold cuts if chicken with low fat mayo
Dinner - leftover mince, onion, peppers, French beans and tomato

Water - went our last night and drank water all night, had a great time and its given me a weightloss boost lol, everyone else was blotto and at the end if the night tucked into chips, pies, sausage and tbh it just turned my stomach the thought of all that greasy yucky food!

Hiya Steph. I tried alcohol once post op and also expected it to hit me hard. It did, but only nearly 1.5 bottles in. I have friends who are quite a few years out and with them alcohol can hit them hard the one day and then not the next. Kind of like our pouch and food. One day it accepts it, the next day it doesn't.

Btw thanks all for the above comments x it was still 9.9 stone loss yesterday and not weighed today, fingers crossed when I weigh tomorrow will be 10 stone down! Either way I am happy!

Friday menu:
B ready brek with skimmed milk
L 100g dry wors (south African meat delicassy)
D ready brek with skimmed milk

Snacks: 4 short cake biscuits, 1 pck quavers , 1 pkt cheesy wotsits

Drinks: 3ltr water, 5 decaf coffee, 2 decaf skinny latte.

A bit of a naughty day with snacks, but hey HO, we are allowed one once in a while. And I went clubbing, had no alcohol but must have easily burnt 400 plus calories on the dance floor.

Today
B - none, only woke up at 2
L - ready brek with skimmed milk
D - 125g pork strips, 50g mushroom stir fried in soy sauce

Snacks: 20 g cheese stick, 1 short bread biscuit

Drinks : 3 decaf coffee with SS milk, , 1 Starbucks grande skinny decaf latte, 1.5 LTR water

My dad makes his own boerewors. Bring on summer BBQ

Breakfast - half a Linda McCartney sausage, one egg scrambled, one slice turkey bacon, one tsp beans
Lunch - poached chicken and roasted peppers, garlic, onions,and tomato with basil
Dinner - a breadless sandwich two slices of ham with one soft boiled egg chopped inbetween with a sprinkle of low fat cheese, three chopped baby gherkins and 2 tsp low fat mayo sandwiched inbetweej

Snack - one plum
Shed loads of tea and coffee

Breadless sandwich sounds mad.

Speaking of booze, was out tonight and struggled to drink. Normally not a problem when out at a party, but tonight I only had three bottles of corona and to be honest I didn't enjoy it. Think my mind is starting to think of post op and no booze.

Yay! You r getting there Anth! The breadless sandwich is fab I also do a mean ham cheese n branston one lol,

well done I managed 3 this week. Yestrerday we went ot a Jamie Oliver party which started at 3pm and continued til 12.30am only had 4 drinks in all that timew and a cuppa tea wine diluted with low calorie lemonade, not even tipsy could drink shed loads before and not be drunk or have ahangover but i know its wasting calories so dont really bother much now. Breakfast i had 1 weetabix with few raisins on and semi skimmed milk, lunch steak mince dry fries with peppers, onions, and sweetcorn and tomatoes, at party had tiny bites of this and that but nothing too naughty. Just have to remember everthing in moderation think small and extra small xx

Hi mayamoo. How far along are you post op? And your chicken you said you had poached I think. How big was it. I really struggle with meats I chew chew chew but sometimes hurts. When going down. And fills me up mega quick. Chicken is my fav though :( but I am only 11 weeks post op so it's not a lot.
Well done on all your weight losses guys xxx

Back