• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Sounds good Paula. You are doing great. Keep a bottle of water next to you at all times and keep sipping water in between your set meals and snacks too and you'll be fine. Sounds like things are going well and nice variety of liquids. If you haven't already tried them I recommend heinz big soups blended and strained if you fancy them. The have a good lot of protein and vegatables in them, ideal for the liquid stage :) x

Oh thanks Shelleymarie, I'll have to get some. I do try to sip NAS squash in between, but its hard to fit it all on sometimes :)

No probs but yes water etc in the early days is very difficult to get enough off, just doesn't seem to want to go in with all the swelling and things but good news is it gets much easier as time goes on :) x

Yes for sure, I can almost drink normally now. I mean I still get pain if I try and guzzle it but a few good gulps is fine and can easily manage around 2 and half litres a day. Unfortunately toilet trouble can be a regular thing, when you just aren't having much food, pain killers and then later on high protein diet but your fruit juice and water will help. Some people have wateed down prune juice or try other laxative type remedies but I recommend a couple of spoons of Benefiber in your tea daily, that works for me but I don't suffer with it too badly so haven't had to try anything stronger yet x

I was chewing a piece of sugar free gum and accidentally swallowed it... Now I am really worried that it will block the opening of my pouch or something. If anyone is still up then any ideas would be gratefully received please... Dont know whether to phone a doctor or what!!! really worried here, and could kick myself for being so stupid as to swallow it... They warned us about chewing gum before the surgery and i didnt listen...

Ive just phoned nhs direct, and they said they will have to find out the info as the guy i spoke to didnt know much about the bypass, and then get a nurse to phone me back in around 2 hours. he did say if i develop any symptoms ie. vomiting etc then to phone back, and dont have an emergency number for the bournemouth bariatric team, and also dont want to make a fuss if it isn't serious, I just know they were concerned about using chewing gum for this self same reason..

Paula you seem to be doing really well, I struggled at first getting anywhere near the proper amount of fluids, but now at nearly 6 weeks out I'm getting there!
Em xxx

Yesterday I ate out for the first time since my op...
I had a prawn cocktail and just ate the prawns and a little bit of whoemeal bread and ome mash and gravy off my partners plate!

Today out of sheer greediness I ate 6 French frie style chips and 2 onion rings and felt really really sick afterwards! :cry:

Thanks paula.. I feel okay at the moment, and am drinking and not vomiting or anything, so Im hoping it will be alright.. I just feel such an idiot for swallowing it!!!! But do have the most awful hiccoughs so thats not good I suppose...

I'm looking forward to being able to eat meat again. Perhaps you'll just need to try them again in a few weeks. Perhaps it won't be bad Amanda xx

Hi all, hope evryone is having a good weekend.

my menu-
B 1 slice ssbb with dairylea light
L chicken, tomato, plum
S bag of pom bears
D Wholemeal wrap with choc. philly, 1 kaki fruit

going to my friend stonight we will av a little drink xx
probably wine n diet lemonade. xx

Amanda, was everything ok? did NHS direct get back to you?

Today's menu-
Breakfast - Ham and grapes.
Lunch - Lf feta and 2 cracker breads.
Dinner - Seafood and vegetable stir fry - Scallops, King Prawns, Crayfish Tails, green beans, baby corn, bean sprouts, mushroom, spinach, reduced salt soy, a tiny bit of reduced salt fish stock, fresh garlic, ginger, chilli's and coriander.
Snack - Half a diet protein shake.

Have a great night Chrisa :)

Last edited:
Today's menu.

B - vitality strawberry yogurt drink thinned with milk.
L - Home made veg soup (sieved) and thinned with chicken stock.
T - fresh fruit smoothie made with 350mls of milk.
S - mug of watered down tomato soup.

Drinks - pint of NAS squash, 2x mugs of tea, 250ml of watered down apple juice. Water.

Have a great weekend peeps :)

Yes thanks shelley. They got a nurse to call me but not until around 2.30am..... She only really told me what I already knew, that chewing gum could cause a blockage and if I got any symptoms such as vomiting or stomach pain to phone my doctors, but I had drunk by that time so was pretty sure all was okay... Just felt very foolish in truth::
That seafood stir fry sounds absolutely yummy!!!! by the way.....

B 100mls Skim Milk
L 2 crackerbreads & L/F philly and cucumber
D 150gram lean rump steak 50gms new potatoes & Peas
S 50gms Black seedless grapes
25gm fridge raiders

Protein 72gms - Calories 603 - Carbs 29.8 - Fat 15.5
Drinks 2 litres NAS Squash - 1 litre water - cup of green tea
(Actually got my protein completely from food today and not needed a protein shot/drink, and have tried to have a little fruit & veg also)...

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a good weekend. Iv been to Newcastle today looking for a new work bag, didn't get one coz I'm so bloody fussy so might try metro centre tomorrow
Pretty bad day for food
B rice crispies
L fridge raiders
D home made Thai chicken cherry with rice ( very small portion )
I'm not measuring how much protein etc I'm consuming, should I be? Xxx

It was lovely Amanda thanks. Cooked it for some friends who were very impressed as before surgery the most I could cook was by ordering a take away or burnt beans on toast lol.

Glad you are ok. We all muck up sometimes, at least you were lucky and know you won't do it again. Well done on your protein. I've been struggling a lot with getting enough lately so gone back to shakes for a bit to increase that and my calories as keep only hitting around 550 a day. Might order some protein water :)

Back