• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

bypass daily menu -

Okay, I know that people don't want to hear this, but 800 cals is ridiculous. 1200 cals is not maintenance cals. My dietician recommended 1500 and she knows her stuff. Now we all have different metabolic basal rates and we need to figure our own out, but taking malabsorption into account 800 is not a good number. I eat between 1000-2000 a day as I don't count a thing. Protein first always, but I am still heading downwards. I ate more this week and lost more. You need food to break down the fat! Try changing things up sukay, try 100 cals more for one week or 100 less. Up to 1500 maybe if you're feeling brave enough, but it sounds like you're not eating enough. Have you regained, or are you at your lowest?

Thanks Yve

I actually eat between 1200 and 2000 cals per day.

I have regained 2st and am trying to lose that again :(

Which is fine, but I can. We are all different post op, and even without treats I easily make more than that. I'm not having a go at you, and appreciate that we are all so so different, but I worry that people see the tiny amounts and it causes them no end of pain and worry. Because for many many of us 800 cals isn't anywhere near enough to sustain us and my dietician would be seriously concerned about me if that were the case.

Todays menu-
B- Fuji apple peeled spread with lf Philly, ate most of apple, one strawberry
L- one ladle homemade chilli, cauliflower floret x1, dollop fage
D- one ladle chilli, steamed spinach
S- small homemade desert (sm sweet pastry case, chopped strawberry, tsp vanilla infused cream)

Tea, water NAS juice

I struggle to eat above 800 Maya. I was told by my dietician to eat between 800 & 1000 cals a day. I'm having my bloods at my follow up tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if I'm in range or deficient. I, like you try to eat as healthily as possible.

I get annoyed when I see people complaining (not on here) that they aren't losing and asking for tips. Then you see their food diary on MFP, and they eating pies, chips, crisps, sugar etc and clearing 1200 cals a day. Then they get cheesed off when you point out the obvious. I'm keeping my gob shut in future :)

I struggle to eat above 800 Maya. I was told by my dietician to eat between 800 & 1000 cals a day. I'm having my bloods at my follow up tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see if I'm in range or deficient. I, like you try to eat as healthily as possible.

I get annoyed when I see people complaining (not on here) that they aren't losing and asking for tips. Then you see their food diary on MFP, and they eating pies, chips, crisps, sugar etc and clearing 1200 cals a day. Then they get cheesed off when you point out the obvious. I'm keeping my gob shut in future :)

I understand what you mean Paula!! I
acknowledge that everyone's different and different dieticians advocate different calorie intakes. I know for me personally if I go over 800 caIs my weight loss sIows down and almost stops, especially if I don't get enough protein and 'if carbs start to creep up too much. what I was saying to Sukay re: the tin of beans was that for me I would find that size potion physically far too much to eat comfortably....As I understood it, she wanted comparisons. Was only telling her what my dietician recommended for me.... But saying that.I have never head of 2,OO0 calories as a maintenance figure. . I'm sure a lot depends on how physically active a person is, and also other factors such as the level of malabsorption etc.....

I understand what you mean Paula!! I
acknowledge that everyone's different and different dieticians advocate different calorie intakes. I know for me personally if I go over 800 caIs my weight loss sIows down and almost stops, especially if I don't get enough protein and 'if carbs start to creep up too much. what I was saying to Sukay re: the tin of beans was that for me I would find that size potion physically far too much to eat comfortably....As I understood it, she wanted comparisons. Was only telling her what my dietician recommended for me.... But saying that.I have never head of 2,OO0 calories as a maintenance figure. . I'm sure a lot depends on how physically active a person is, and also other factors such as the level of malabsorption etc.....

I know you mean well hun. But I am so tired of seeing people asking for support and help and getting 'tough' love or being made to feel bad. We have all struggled with our weight and we need to be able to be honest without judgement. I'm not a fan of the kick 'me when I'm down approach.

I know you mean well hun. But I am so tired of seeing people asking for support and help and getting 'tough' love or being made to feel bad. We have all struggled with our weight and we need to be able to be honest without judgement. I'm not a fan of the kick 'me when I'm down approach.

I would never ever!! kick someone when they are down! Sukay asked for opinions and that's what she got!! Thought you knew me well enough by now to know that I'm not the sort of person who would do that!!!

eeek please don't fall out :(

I am truly grateful for any help people offer. It's down to me to do this though :(

IF YOU WANT TO GET BACK TO IDEAL PORTION SIZES sUKAY I WOULD GOOGLE IT AND SEE WHAT SIZES EVERYTHING IS EXPECTED TO BE MEASURE EVERYTHING FOR A WEEK TILL YOU HAVE IT IN YOUR MIND AGAIN WHAT A PORTION SIZE IS XX

MY menu today-
B 1 warburton thin toasted
L 1 warburton thin lf philly, ham n tomato 1 plum
s 1YOGHURT MULLER GREEK- S/F
D shepherds pie with cheeseon top, peas and carrots
1 glass of rose.

3 carbs today but brought half my tea home had it at sons house his gf cooked it. very nice n no washing up to do. x
The greek yoghurt still not suiting no more for me. today it gave me the tummy pains started before my tea, then managed half my tea and pains were terrible had to excuse myself and go sit in the loo, 3 times stood up had to get back on TMI fine after that . guna have acuppa tea shortly has had a couple of hours rest or more so need to have something. x enjoy your evening all.

Hope you had a good day at work Amanda.

Sukay do look up what the recommended portion sizes are you can find them on the net.

Don't forget ladies if people ask for our opinions we need to be truthful there is always a nice way to do it but truthful we must be. We are all here to help each other get the best out of our new plumbed bodies. Advice and encouragement is what will get us through. xx

I didn't get on with those Greek yogurts either Chrisa. I also thought they tasted really artificial. I buy 100g pots of petit filous now instead :)

I'm sorry if I've offended anyone. I do get frustrated when a one size fits all approach seems the only way and appreciate that many of you have supported me and been there for me during my stall. I hope you can forgive me.

Yve

Its easy done Yve we have all done it unknowingly really at some point, being able to recognise the fact and apologise is half the problem solved and sorted.This is a great post for support Yve, its nice to have you on here with us all. Always greta when people join in with their menus an advice. I love it here the people are brilliant and we are all experiencing similar things. xx

Hi all. Hope you have all had a good weekend. I have - too good. I've been so naughty this weekend. I had parties two night's running. Let my hair down a bit. Had alcohol, pizza and crisps! Not large amounts, but still. Anyway not going to dwell on it. Nice little break from being strict but time to start be very good again as knowing me I've put on - I only have to look at a treat and I put on but I won't weigh till next Thursday. I'm going to do a couple of days on liquid (soups, protein shakes etc) as that always works well for me. Feels like starting fresh when I fall off the wagon so to speak. So won't bother logging menus for a few days but I'm still here. I got told my one of bosses that someone is leaving and I might be able to get a permanent contract as only covering maternity at the moment. The security of that would be amazing, so please keep your fingers crossed for me. Hope you are all good xx

That is fab news Shelley lets hope it works out for ya.x Pleased you have had a couple of nights out and enjoyed yourself, me to just bacl to the drawing board again, I ahvent been that naughty at all apart from some alcohol. keep up the good work xx

Sukay!!! Why not ask your GP to refer you back to see a dietician to let her help you with portion sizes etc., I'm sure he would as you're struggling xx.

Oh and will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you shelleymarie!! A permanent job for you would be fantastic!!!

Thanks all - will check out portion info.

Amanda - I have been referred to the new bariatric service at a hospital nearer to me, but basically they won't take me on because of funding.

:)

Back