• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Bypass tomorrow & need some positivity

Well 18 months has flown by, i jumped through all the hoops and lost over 3 stone pre op to get to this day and i am sat here waiting to go in at 3pm today and i am absolutly terrified, so terriefied that im not going to see my little girl again i feel sick, i cant eat for once in my life lol. i really need some positivity cos the way i feel right now i could pick up the phone and cancel. :cry::cry::cry:

good luck shame mine was cancelled today as would of got to meet u hope all goes well for ya hun xx

What you are feeling is absolutely normal lovely. I cried after I said goodbye to my two the night before my op knowing it might be the last time. Of course it wasn't the last time and now they're back to their cheeky lip and me having to keep on a them lol.

You will be so fine, and back to normal so quickly, you'll wonder what all the fuss was about. Will be thinking of you and will say a little prayer for you too.

Love Kate x

Hmm im not quite sure what to say as im sure il probably be posting this next week.

I was only given 10 days notice about my op and feel really under prepared(but soooooo excited too)

You have worked hard to get to this point,Really hard infact,All the big occasions in our life usually give us some sort of nerves,Our wedding days usually fill us up to the brim with nervousness,Having children and going into labour and childbirth make us nervous,From what I can gather everyone goes through this feeling when the op is so close,All you have to tell yourself is that nerves are good they make us human and keep your eye on the prize that is coming when your are on the looser bench and a whole new other world is available to you,

Be strong and be ready to take this op by its horns and start the rest of your life as you mean to go on.....Good luck hun il keep an eye out for your update.

xx

Oh No Lea! I am only a pre op that has just joined the site but I'd say iwhile some things are out of our control and we cannot change them and that's part of life what is important is when you have the courage to make changes to things that will improve your life and that's what you are doing today. You are doing this to be a healthier and happier person for your daughter. Love, Thereza

Oh Loz that is such a shame, is it right that you have been put back to the 22nd? who is your surgeon? did they give you a reason why you had been put back?

Thanks Kate & Anna i know im in good hands im just struggling to cope with feeling like this as im normally such a strong person. xx

Good luck love, I had mine 12 days ago and I am fine. You'll wake up and wonder what all the fuss was about. xxx

Thank you Marie, Muffintop & Thereza too your posts came through as i was typing my last one. im feeling better already but this waiting is driving me nuts i just want to go but an not due to be there until 3 and only live a mile from the hospital x

hi lea it said on letter dr shroeder when i rung yesterday they said list had been cancelled for 1st and that they tryed ring me but got no answer so said that they sent me a letter on 28th nov to say been changed to 22nd dec gutted but least dont have to wait to long xx

still havent recieved any letter so good job i rung yesterday x

I am glad you are going ahead . . . strangely enough the time running up to the op is dominated with both good and bad thoughts about the op and the ‘possible outcomes’. Once you are out the operating room you have a whole new life ahead of you. Have you noticed that there are few ‘old timers’ (operation wise) on this site . . . ! Many just fade away or like me pay the odd visit – this is because not only does you physique change but also you outlook on life. You soon forget that you have had the op and just get on with life a normal life where you can fit into restaurant seats / airplane seats, buy cloth of the rack and not be rummaging around for the odd XXL. Let me know how you get on xx

This time next year you will have so much more energy to give to your little one and will look and feel amazing.
You will feel scared hun as your not in control for a few hours BUT they will take good care of you and your little one will be having a hun in a few days. Try to relax as much as you can even if it means sleeping but remeber to drink plenty of water :)

hi kim here met you at sunderland meeting hope every thing goes okay has iam sure it will and you will soon be home wondering what all the fuss was about

Lea, I have just said to my hubby "have I really actually had surgery?". I feel soooooo normal!!! its so unreal !! SRH have NEVER lost anyone!!!

Your kids are going to be sooooo proud of their new mummy, happier and fitter .... not to forget looking stunning ;-)

stay positive, not long to go

xxx

It's perfectly normal to feel the way you do right now. I was in tears right up to the minute of being put to sleep. But knew I wanted to go through with it. The staff were brilliant and kept me at ease. They understand how nervous people are. x

Jay661 said:
It's perfectly normal to feel the way you do right now. I was in tears right up to the minute of being put to sleep. But knew I wanted to go through with it. The staff were brilliant and kept me at ease. They understand how nervous people are. x

I think that will be me!!!

A massive good luck to you let.me.out!!! You will feel amazing when you feel like a yummy mummy and be so happy you did it :) xxx

Back