• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cambridge diet AFTER bypass?

:cry:I prob sound mad, but ive been on a stall for weeks now, and overnight ive put on 2lb. :cry:

So, is it a good/bad idea.

Ive got really depressed about it, and have on occasions made myself sick, cos i feel so giulty for eating while nto losing weight.

TBH im so p!ssed off that after all ive been through with the op, im still resorting to stupid drastic measures. :mad:

Hi,

6st in 4 months is amazing. Be proud of yourself. I can't advise you on weight loss stalling, but I know no Cd Counsellor would supply you with the products.

I know its been said, but CD is a VLCD and is unsuitable for someone that is malabsorptive.

It might be a good idea to get advise from the bariatric doctor or nurse.

You really need an urgent appointment with the surgical team's dietician. Do you have a direct contact number for her/him.

Is there anything that stops you from exercising such as impaired mobility. Burning off calories by exercising will help, even if it is just walking.

You have done really well, and I think your surgical team's opinion should be sought before you decide to switch from food to Cambridge diet as that, and all other extreme diets, should only be done with your GP's consent.

:cry:I prob sound mad, but ive been on a stall for weeks now, and overnight ive put on 2lb. :cry:

So, is it a good/bad idea.

Ive got really depressed about it, and have on occasions made myself sick, cos i feel so giulty for eating while nto losing weight.

TBH im so p!ssed off that after all ive been through with the op, im still resorting to stupid drastic measures. :mad:

Hi FedUp

Your weight loss to date does sound brilliant and this should be an incentive to you...But I can understand your fear...But I don't think there is anything to fear...you will never return to the way things were before your bypass...Being sick is going to do damage to your digestive tract.

As usual all the best advice has been given to you by those that know....Good luck girl and best wishes.

(((hugs)))

sorry i am a pain/ how dare i live

i just couldn't read your post and not symphatise

I have not had surgery[wish i could as i am so fat...i hate myself for being greedy]

i used to make myself sick. i still want to but know it will only make hungrier and my stomach is like a cows stomach from the amount of vomiting i used to do....i am now struggling to try and lose weight sensibly..and failing...

all i can say is if i was you i would speak to your dr and tell them all this..you need help.

i wouldn't beat yourself up but i would get help if i was you[talk to your surgeon and dietician and probably counselling]

don't what else i can say

Dear Stupid

I too am very worried about you, especially you opening statement...Forgive me if I have read it wrongly.

Please don't suffer in silence......You are welcome to pm me if you want to...I don't know what I can do to make things any better but sometimes just knowing someone is there can help big time....

Take care

(((hugs)))

I have sent pm's to stupid as i wasnt sure whether this was a prankster, a joke, or someone in need of help, i have had some replys and they do really worry me but he/she has personality/mental disorders, I have asked if they need help but they dont seem to want it, just to let u know i have tried x

Don't think i can add anymore wise words than those have already said. You have done brilliantly well so far and that two pounds will shortly disappear along with some more, don't beat yourself up be proud of your great achievement so far. Sending you a big hug to cheer you up xx

I have sent pm's to stupid as i wasnt sure whether this was a prankster, a joke, or someone in need of help, i have had some replys and they do really worry me but he/she has personality/mental disorders, I have asked if they need help but they dont seem to want it, just to let u know i have tried x

That was sweet of you...I think I seen "Stupid" around Mini's before (Hate that name too).

I hope she can get the help that she might need.

(((hugs)))

sorry for being a pain and attention seeking. I am sorry for any offence i cause

all i want to do is confirm that i do have a personality disorder

also i thank you all for being nice

best wishes to eveyone

You are not a pain...but I think you are in pain.

Hope you can start to feel better soon...we are all here for each other and whilst we don't always have the answers to everything there is always a friendly virtual hug waiting for you here.

(((hugs)))

Hi Fed up so sorry you are feeling so down,however I think you have got to stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your head back in gear.
You have had your op you have done amazingly well so far, so dont get hooked up just because you havent lost any weight for a week or so
Listen to what the experienced by passers are telling you and listen to them when they say being sick is not the way forward, you will make yourself ill and could damage your pouch.
Be sensible speak to your team, clear you head and carry on the amazing work you have done so far
Good luck

Jay xx

Thanks everyone.
Ive stopped taking the tablet i was on that could be causing the stall. Plus ive started a food diary from today. And ive cut back on the highlights hot choc, having tea instead. Unnecessary calories there. And im gonna try some new exercise dvds at home.
Tomorrow im ringing the hosp for an app. I really need some support from them.
Ill let u know how my weight loss is in a week or so!

Thanks again! xxx

Back