• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cambridge diet AFTER bypass?

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
:cry:I prob sound mad, but ive been on a stall for weeks now, and overnight ive put on 2lb. :cry:

So, is it a good/bad idea.

Ive got really depressed about it, and have on occasions made myself sick, cos i feel so giulty for eating while nto losing weight.

TBH im so p!ssed off that after all ive been through with the op, im still resorting to stupid drastic measures. :mad:

sorry i am a pain/ how dare i live

i just couldn't read your post and not symphatise

I have not had surgery[wish i could as i am so fat...i hate myself for being greedy]

i used to make myself sick. i still want to but know it will only make hungrier and my stomach is like a cows stomach from the amount of vomiting i used to do....i am now struggling to try and lose weight sensibly..and failing...

all i can say is if i was you i would speak to your dr and tell them all this..you need help.

i wouldn't beat yourself up but i would get help if i was you[talk to your surgeon and dietician and probably counselling]

don't what else i can say

Hi Fedup,

Please stop making yourself sick NOW!

This could turn into an eating disorder from what you describe.

2lbs is nothing in the grand scheme of things and we all hit stalls, even when dieting without WLS.

Stop beating yourself up.

Take a deep breath, look at your intake, proteins, fluids and exercise and see if you can up the anti.

All weightloss slows after a period of time, so you have to work doubly hard to keep it moving.

And a have a massive hug....:eek::)

I dont want attention or sympathy from saying it, but i have thought that this must be what bulimics start off like.
Ive tried loads of different ways, then when i dont get any results i feel so down.
I dont even know when my next hosp app is, they havent sent me one.

I just dont know what to do next

You do know you should NEVER pay any great attention to an 'overnight gain' if you weigh yourself every day please STOP IT, its not doing you any good. Ive found my weight can fluctuate throughout the day and overnight but by my wi its usually fine. A lot of people do weigh themselves every day and thats fine if you really dont let the results bother you, which is clearly not the case with you.

Your weight WILL come off. I dont mean this to sound cheeky but do you really think you could stick to CD? Would you not have already gone down that route if it was the solution for you.

Keep off the scales, and have faith *HUGS*

sorry i am a pain/ how dare i live

Your posts worry me, why do you always think this about yourself and your opinions???

Hi

So sorry your feeling like this but please, please stop making yourself sick. You are only 4 months post op and you have done so well - almost half way there and that is fantastic.

As Caz said start looking at what you are eating, post on the bypass daily menus thread - writing things down and comparing may point you back in the right direction.

Upping your activity will also help.

Keep posting - we are all here for you x

CD is not a good idea at all post op, and any doctor or CD counsellor that let you start it only 4 months post op would be negligent. You have malabsorptive intestines, and CD would make you seriously ill.

At 4 months post op, you are very very capable of ending this stall and going on to have another good 7-8 months of solid weight loss. You just need to get your head around the nutrition, understand what you need to eat and why, and from there it is a simple process.

You need to go back to your surgical team and ask for more dietary input from a qualified dietician.

I feel for you Im in the same mind set at the moment I have stopped weighting myself everytime I go in the room where the scales are and do it once a week now. I also have made myself sick over the last couple of weeks. I spoke to my aunt who had WLS years ago and I mean years ago and she ended up Balemic(soz for spelling). I have started to write everything down that passes my lips again. I did this for months and everything went ok then I stopped, and it went down hill from there. I dont wanna end up like my aunty was. Take care

Thanks everyone.

From 2moro, im going to write everything down. Monday ill ring hosp for an app. Tues, ill cry at weekly WI. lol xxx

Can you not do what Alia's doing and get on the five day pouch test? You've done amazingly well so far, maybe this is just a glitch. Try leaving it a week before you weigh yourself again, bet you lose some then.

Awwwwww Hun, PLEASE PLEASE DON'T make your self sick anymore!!
I was bulimic for 15 years right up untill i had my Op on the 6th of December last year and honestly, it will not help you lose weight at all, please believe me when i say this, you really do not want to go down that road.
I think you really need to eat more, but also Get back in touch with your surgical team/Dietitian and ask them for some advice. Please let us know how you get on, Honestly your still early days its only been 4 months and you have done fantasticly well losing 6 & a half stone, Thats brilliant, It WILL continue for you, but you must eat more,

Its only a tiny stall, Please believe in yourself that you will continue to lose more.
Good luck & Hugs xxxxxx

Sorry you're going through this at the minute. Ring Liz or Narissa and get them to help you. Don't make yourself vomit as this will not help you at all. Maybe you could try the 5 day pouch test to kick start the weight loss again? Good luck and keep us updated on how you get on. Well done on the weight loss so far. You have done greatx

Sorry you're going through this at the minute. Ring Liz or Narissa

:) im happy to talk to anyone hun but i cant advise bypassers on an experienced level xxx

liz x

LOL Liz, I meant Liz the nurse and Narissa the dietician who are part of our surgeons teamxx;)

:8855:lol gaynor i didnt know that :D stupid liz hahaha ! i seen me name and jumped to conclusions sorry hun xxxx :rolleyes:

<<<<shut up liz !

Its alright lol. Hope you're all refreshed after your romantic hols with Paulxx

:rolleyes: oh yes that was good ! today been to a theme park with bypass.sarah and her and my children we had a great day and now im ready to hit the hay, was a brill experience as we could both go on the fast rides now no probs xxx :D

liz x

p.s the kids liked it as well haha !

I know this might not help but firstly please try and stop being sick
And secondly although you are having a stall at the moment do you realise how much you have lost ?? 1 or 2 weeks sint going to make that much of a difference in the long run. If my powers of calculations are correct then you have lost about 4.5lbs a week ! thats damn good going, and have you checked inches ?
Your body just might need a rest and readjustment before it starts again. :)
Please please dont get disheartened for a week or 2 stalling, and please talk to a nurse or your gp about you being sick

Step away from the scales!

Everyone has plateaus after wls, its natural and the bodies way of rebalancing itself.

We are all desperate to lose weight, but maybe you need to speak to your surgeon and in particular dietician and psychologist to check that your eating enough and also to try to deal with you making yourself sick before it gets out of hand.

Doing the CD now defeats the object of your surgery which is to change your relationship with food. In addition, I doubt that it will serve you nutritionally and could make you very ill.

Perhaps call your team tomorrow and ask for help.

Good luck.

Back