• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Christmas Dinner. What are you having?

Sounds like a great mum to me & you're at least guaranteed to have lovely things to pick at across the day even the salmon mousse sounds as if it could be fine. Even if things are higher in fat & sugar than you'd normally try the tiny bits you'll manage should be fine. I'll be five & a half months post op so can tuck in as normal but just smaller quantities, I'll just need to remember to eat slow & chew well while enjoying the social chit-chat that is Christmas dinner. Visiting family may be a challenge but with luck I can pick & choose sensibly from what's on offer & still enjoy the meal. I think the fridge may be groaning under the left overs even more than usual this year with lots of little pots for me from the leftovers that may be to small to keep for anyone else. Lol

Il be 16 days post op so probably wont be eating nothing.

Il be 16 days post op so probably wont be eating nothing.

You will more than likely be able to join in!
I am 16 days post op today, and I've had weetabix for breakfast, pork casserole for lunch a faggot for dinner, and will have half a banana and some yoghurt later. If today was Christmas day, I would have turkey , veg and gravy pureed, I could also have fruit and low fat custard when everyone else is eating pud.

I'm doing the cooking this year, its gonna be a standard xmas roast to be honest. Just going to try and keep things moist and dab the fat off the roasters etc.

You will more than likely be able to join in!
I am 16 days post op today, and I've had weetabix for breakfast, pork casserole for lunch a faggot for dinner, and will have half a banana and some yoghurt later. If today was Christmas day, I would have turkey , veg and gravy pureed, I could also have fruit and low fat custard when everyone else is eating pud.

You are my saviour!!!

I thought i would still be drinking milk and eating yoghurt!..lol

i will be just over 3 weeks post op and i plan to have a spoon of mash, a spoon of mashed carrot and swede and some gravy. im also going to make a mini trifle with sugar free jelly, custard made with sweetner and light topping. that will be my xmas dinner x

I have broken down the main meal into a days menu and ALL the family are keen to do this with me to avoid the over stuffed feeling! Of course I will be following the mini portions but plan to hace a taste of everything substituting pudding for NAS jelly and fruit but a little no fat fruit cake later!
B/fast - poached egg
mid am - salmon pate on ryvita
lunch - turkey pots veg and trimmings
mid pm - nas jelly/trifle
eve - cake and milky coffee

I don't think I'll be having anything other than liquid and it's also my birthday so I'll miss my birthday tea, I never ate my bday cake so won't miss that lol

But my op which is on Friday makes up for it x

Not long now Amy xxx Good luck xxx

Thanks bexs I feel like I'm in a dream lol x

There will be plenty lol I love this forum for all the support I get. X

Good luck for fri Amy ;) ull be fine hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Fortunately I am like Denise in that I can eat everything without any problem. I did have a few mini dumps during the early weeks but now have settled down and have had no problem with anything I have tried. The wonderful thing about it all, though, is that my pouch is calling the shots :) My meals are completely self limiting. I can manage around three quarters of a tea plate and then my nose starts to run and I just know that if I eat even half a teaspoon more then I will be in big trouble :p

This effect of the bypass was totally unexpected but absolutely fantastic. It means that I can eat a little of anything and can safely leave it to my new tummy pouch to take care of the amount for me.

I have also discovered a wonderfully simple way of keeping myself regular in the bathroom department by nibbling on some dried tropical fruit mix. It works a treat, helps with the weight loss and has no effect on my blood glucose readings and, best of all, no dumping effects :)

So this Christmas I will have a little turkey with a teaspoon of stuffing, a roast potato, a sprout and a couple of rings of carrot and a little spoon of bread sauce and gravy. I am not going to try the chipolata or pigs in blankets etc as I doubt that they would fit on my tea plate.

But to everyone here, at whatever stage of eating you have reached, I would wish each and every one of you a joyful, peaceful and Happy Christmas and raise my glass (of water :rolleyes:) to you all hoping that you will all have a Happy and Slimmer New Year.

You have all been my rock and I love you all XXX

As there will only be 2 of us this year it will be a small celebration.

We are both working on Christmas day and hubby will eat his Christmas dinner at work (Care home)
so we will prob have a small Christmas dinner on boxing day.

Not much point in buying a turkey, so we are planning on having a small chicken.

I will have:
1x small slice chicken breast,
1x roastie,
1X Spoon of stuffing,
2 rings carrot,
1x Chipolata sausage
Gravy

I will be well stuffed after this!

Wow. Last year, I would have scoffed this much as I dished up !!!

Im worried about wasting money on a turkey. At home its only my adult sister and her 4 year old son. So does anyone know where u can get 3-4 serving turkey? X

Most supermarkets do small turkeys or crowns fresh or frozen, worst case a large chicken will be a good substitute your sister might notice the difference but your nephew won't. Why not try some chicken breasts sprinkled with stuffing mix wrapped in foil like a little parcel & cooked should keep it moist & add a little flavour without added fat etc.

Back