• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can anyone give me hope of my PCT funding?

gingernutter

Can anyone give me hope for my PCT funding? My BMI is 48.8. I have already seen the consultant and he wants me to have a gastric by-pass I live in Luton. My GP is going to apply for the funding. Nothing ever seems to go my way and I am starting to think I will not get the funding. Can someone give me any encouragement.

charliegirl

Hi I know how you feel believe me.....you have to keep on going (I know I can hear you all saying I have done nothing but moan lol).....what is the criteria for your PCT? If you fall within that then you have a good chance of getting it, sometimes they just want you to jump through hoops first and prove that you have tried other options etc.....good luck....Linda x

tammy

Post-op Gastric Bypass
Hi gingercookie. My BMI was 42 when i started and i went to my gp at xmas. my funding was approved in feb and i had the bypass in may. didn't have to fight my cause at all my consultant saw the benefits for me to have surgery.

It is a bit of a lottery with funding depending on where you live but the first hurdle is over with your Gp applying for your funding. Go on the internet and look at your local PCT that should detail all funding applications for surgery and the outcomes. Keep positive you are on your way to achieving your goal xx

gingernutter

first I seen the GP over the YEARS I have tried all the meds. I out on and off then on and off. I had to beg my doctor to refer me to the hospital. I seen the nurse for 3 visits then I seen the consultant last week. I was so happy that he agreed to give me the op but now I need to find the funding......

charliegirl

I have seen the consultant who agrees the op would be beneficial to me and I have to see the surgeon for his opinion then we have to convince the PCT for funding, we are in the same boat, it takes time in some cases, others not so.....Linda x