• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can Finally Say Hey!

You are doing amazing! 40 mins going and coming for a walk is super fab within one week post op. Did it help relieve some of the gas in the shoulder?

Thanks! I'm definitely boosted and inspired by all your successes. You've all come so far it's awesome! I've got a long way to go yet but I'm really starting to feel the potential. Yeah Kim moving definitely helps. xx

Thanks Kim it's perhaps an overly optimistic rather than well thought out plan but if I'm going to go traveling in a few months then I'll not be able to keep such a close eye on the figures anyway. I know that my calorie intake has been tiny and that the foods I've been eating (drinking) have the kinds of nutrients I'm after so fingers crossed it's going alright so far.

Sounds like you're doing really well Sandra. I bet you'll be really impressed when you do get on the scales. I'm still on the pain killers and that one port is still pretty sore but I'm happy with how much better I'm feeling each day. The injections look nastier than they ended up being. I haven't bought a tape measure but I do need a belt for my jeans now else they fall clean down! Got myself a scales. I've always hated the things but I think it'll be good to check in and make sure everythings going in the right direction; (plus there was a real good feeling when I realised how much

Main port has been really sore today. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing. It could be that the stitches have done their job and are just really tight and pulling before they dissolve... Or somethings gone a bit dodgy with it. Not allowed to touch the dressings until Wednesday unless they're dropping off which this one isn't. Anyone else had this? Only managed a shorter half hour walk today cos the port is playing up more when I move.

Had few spoons of skyr for breakfast and again at lunch as was looking forward to having dinner with a couple of the family who knew about the op, so figured I could treat myself to a slightly bigger dinner. I thought we'd have something like a soup but they'd just made a normal meal for themselves and blitzed me up everything into a hellish brown slop. Mortifying! I had a few token sips and skillfully dodged taking the rest home for later!

Thanks Kim it's perhaps an overly optimistic rather than well thought out plan but if I'm going to go traveling in a few months then I'll not be able to keep such a close eye on the figures anyway. I know that my calorie intake has been tiny and that the foods I've been eating (drinking) have the kinds of nutrients I'm after so fingers crossed it's going alright so far.

Sounds like you're doing really well Sandra. I bet you'll be really impressed when you do get on the scales. I'm still on the pain killers and that one port is still pretty sore but I'm happy with how much better I'm feeling each day. The injections look nastier than they ended up being. I haven't bought a tape measure but I do need a belt for my jeans now else they fall clean down! Got myself a scales. I've always hated the things but I think it'll be good to check in and make sure everythings going in the right direction; (plus there was a real good feeling when I realised how much I'd lost already!)
x
Hi well I got on scales and lost 7pounds day 12 so quite pleased and no pain x

Main port has been really sore today. Dunno if that's a good or bad thing. It could be that the stitches have done their job and are just really tight and pulling before they dissolve... Or somethings gone a bit dodgy with it. Not allowed to touch the dressings until Wednesday unless they're dropping off which this one isn't. Anyone else had this? Only managed a shorter half hour walk today cos the port is playing up more when I move.

Had few spoons of skyr for breakfast and again at lunch as was looking forward to having dinner with a couple of the family who knew about the op, so figured I could treat myself to a slightly bigger dinner. I thought we'd have something like a soup but they'd just made a normal meal for themselves and blitzed me up everything into a hellish brown slop. Mortifying! I had a few token sips and skillfully dodged taking the rest home for later!
Oh gosh that sounds disgusting, well done for the skillful dodge I’m so impressed with your walking, so far and so soon, your doing great and fab that you need a belt now too :bunnydance:. Not to sure about the port site, maybe ask the nurse at your GP to check it out x

For me the area where they pulled my excess stomach was sore for the longest. To be honest it's still sore if I push on it today and I'm months out. If its hindering your walking then definitely worth bringing up with your team. You should give them a buzz soon to discuss it. Weird that you can't even have a little peek at it. It'd be good to see if its turning any weird colours or oozing;; signs of infection.

That dinner sounds dire! I never got into the blitzing regular good and eating it as a meal. You were good to dodge it. Soups are the best things right now. Also you'll soon learn that you can't really save up your meals for a larger meal later on in the day. There is only so much your sleeve can hold. Getting in your nutrition whilst it allows is the best strategy. Good luck finding your right balance.xx

Oh gosh that sounds disgusting, well done for the skillful dodge I’m so impressed with your walking, so far and so soon, your doing great and fab that you need a belt now too :bunnydance:. Not to sure about the port site, maybe ask the nurse at your GP to check it out x

Thanks Bling you're doing incredibly well yourself. I'm gunna try to get a bit of a walk in each day to try to develop some good habits for a change! x

For me the area where they pulled my excess stomach was sore for the longest. To be honest it's still sore if I push on it today and I'm months out. If its hindering your walking then definitely worth bringing up with your team. You should give them a buzz soon to discuss it. Weird that you can't even have a little peek at it. It'd be good to see if its turning any weird colours or oozing;; signs of infection.

That dinner sounds dire! I never got into the blitzing regular good and eating it as a meal. You were good to dodge it. Soups are the best things right now. Also you'll soon learn that you can't really save up your meals for a larger meal later on in the day. There is only so much your sleeve can hold. Getting in your nutrition whilst it allows is the best strategy. Good luck finding your right balance.xx

Thanks for the advice Kim it sounds more appropriate to do things the way you suggested. I'm not really aware of capacity yet but I'm sure I'll learn the new signals once I'm on proper textured food. x

Had a skimmed latte at breakfast, skyr at lunch and have just had chicken soup for dinner. The pains settled down again today so I think it was just pulling. Supposed to take off my dressings tomorrow. Can't believe it'll be week one on the losers bench done.

@sandra overton congrats on the loss. It's addictive once it starts isn't it.
Yes now I’m on puréed it’s a bit better had scrambled egg and weetabix no problems and I had watch watchers vegetable soup then liquidised it that was nice I put light laughing cow cheese in the scrambled egg.the injections stopped now I’m taking only One metfoming for debetes so doing well tried plain Greek yogurt yuk tasted sour so I’ll have a look around for other yogurt you have to look sugar content got some today with 20 grams protein I’ll have to research hope you feel better soonx

@Elias How's it going? A lot of us felt a large crash in our moods a week or so post op. Just checking in on you.x

Hey @slimkim I'm okay thanks :) Not noticed a big crash but my preexisting stuff leaves me constantly up and down so I'm fairly used to mood drops! x

@sandra overton Keep up the good work you're doing great. I have the skyr yoghurt (honey flavour) it's slightly sweeter than the plain but is still really low calories and high protein. x

Didn't get out for long yesterday as the weather was naff. Been for a walk along the beach again today. Foods been much the same. Tried a protein weetabix yesterday but it tied my stomach up in knots so maybe that's something I should avoid now? Still feeling like I've got no appetite other than the odd bit of head hunger. I'm mainly just eating at the right times so I get some nutrients. It's not a bad thing it's just new! I imagine as my stomach heals I'll start feeling more hungry but by then I should be on solid food and the restriction will do it's part.

My stitches have dissolved and I've taken my dressings off all but the main wound. It's a bigger dressing and it's still a little tender so I'll keep it stuck for another day. They're all looking healthy and much more subtle than I imagined so that's good!

Hey @slimkim I'm okay thanks :) Not noticed a big crash but my preexisting stuff leaves me constantly up and down so I'm fairly used to mood drops! x

@sandra overton Keep up the good work you're doing great. I have the skyr yoghurt (honey flavour) it's slightly sweeter than the plain but is still really low calories and high protein. x

Didn't get out for long yesterday as the weather was naff. Been for a walk along the beach again today. Foods been much the same. Tried a protein weetabix yesterday but it tied my stomach up in knots so maybe that's something I should avoid now? Still feeling like I've got no appetite other than the odd bit of head hunger. I'm mainly just eating at the right times so I get some nutrients. It's not a bad thing it's just new! I imagine as my stomach heals I'll start feeling more hungry but by then I should be on solid food and the restriction will do it's part.

My stitches have dissolved and I've taken my dressings off all but the main wound. It's a bigger dressing and it's still a little tender so I'll keep it stuck for another day. They're all looking healthy and much more subtle than I imagined so that's good!
Oh your so lucky to be near the beach and go for a stroll well today two friends said to my hubby we are taking both to Witherspoon for a meal oh my god I thought so asked what soup have you they said tomato which I don’t like so I had jacket potato with beans had about 5to 6 spooonsful and was ok so my first eating out panic over x

For me the liquid stage was things that could flow easily through a sieve. Maybe the weetabix was too solid for you just being a week and a few days post op. Was it totally mushed up before you ate it? I'm not a porridge eater myself but thinking of the consistency of what I imagine weetabix in milk to be, that sounds more like a puree stage food. The good thing is your stomach will let you know when it doesn't want something.

@sandra overton I'm dreading having to eat out in public so I'm glad you navigated it without incident! Yeah it's cracking being this close to the sea. Born and raised down here so I can't imagine living anywhere where it's not within walking distance. x

@slimkim It was well soaked in skimmed milk. Basically a weetabix smoothie. I've been having soup at a similar consistency without issue. That said I might try it again a bit later down the line. I've been enjoying the skyr for breakfast so it's not a massive loss. x

Back