• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can Finally Say Hey!

_Victoria_

Hope everything is going okay with the Milk diet still Elias. I can't imagine how hard that is. I know i couldn't ever have done that myself so i didn't even try! Must be extra hard to have to give up smokes at the same time too but i bet you'll feel much better for it in the end. You could even try to quit forever if you go a whole month and then you'll be thin AND smoke free. I bet you'd feel like a new man. haha

Elias

Thanks for checkin in. The milks going alright still. I'd much rather be on the lean meat and veg option but it was never offered to me. Less than a week to go now so gotta power on. As for the cigs I dunno if I can completely pack 'em in but I'll definitely try and go as long as I can. Can imagine coughing a staple open or some madness so that's incentive!

_Victoria_

Weirdly enough i didn't hurt when i coughed! I was pleasantly surprised 'cause i thought it would kill. I think they ask you to stop smoking because it's more likely that you get stomach ulcers after surgery. You have to take Lansoprazole longer if you smoke for that reason

slimkim

You might even find that you lose the taste for cigs post op.

I had a full on cold a week post op. I was fearful of ripping my staples too but I wasn't in too much pain whilst blowing my nose.

Hopefully post op you don't have much abdo pain.

Good luck with your final stretch of milk diet and no cigs. Have you started thinking about packing for the hospital?

Elias

Ta for that girls it's a relief to hear it's not gunna be as fragile as I imagined! I suppose if it was too fragile it wouldn't be fit for purpose right?

Ha im not nearly that organised Kim. Bought a few bits like slippers and a dressing gown but I think I'll pack light. I tend to be pretty last minute with these things so imagine I'll do it Tuesday night!

slimkim

I guess I was a bit overkill with my packing and organising for the hospital. Do you have someone lined up to collect you from the hospital? Some people travel to and from the hospital on their own so its doable especially as you are staying in the country. The major thing is the weakness though.

Elias

I think I'm just slack! Might be a bloke thing. Or a Cornish thing... Or both. Ha.

I wanted to travel on my own but the hospital wouldn't allow it so I've arranged a lift. I guess its probably gunna be easier that way as like you said I could be feeling a bit rough after.

SAM55

I think I'm just slack! Might be a bloke thing. Or a Cornish thing... Or both. Ha.

I wanted to travel on my own but the hospital wouldn't allow it so I've arranged a lift. I guess its probably gunna be easier that way as like you said I could be feeling a bit rough after.
Take a cushion with you for the journey home to hold against you wound. Stops it hurting as much when you go round corners!

Elias

Nice one, thanks. I'd have honestly never thought of that. This site is an endless font of knowledge!

Bling Babe

Nice one, thanks. I'd have honestly never thought of that. This site is an endless font of knowledge!
It’s also good for the many pot holes and bumps, I clung to mine for the whole 3 hour journey :mad: xx

Elias

That sounds like a hellish trip Bling. :confused:Sorry it was so sucky. Thankfully I'm about 40 mins away so won't have to endure it for too long but I'll definitely take a pillow. x

sandra overton

Yeah it can be brutal can't it. I've had to pack in the smokes for a month as a condition of the op as well so that's not helping things. That said, it all feels well worth it for the end result.
You soon be on the losers bench the extra bovril is finex

JoannaN89

Hi Elias!

Just popping in, how qre you finding the milk diet?

I was sleeved last June and its the best thing I have ever done. I have gone from 22.5stone to 13.12stone. 1.5stone to go until target of a healthy BMI.

My advice post op is definatly eat slow and chew lots. There are some foods i cannot tolerate, i sometimes get the foamies but its all worth it.
I dont feel hunger but sometimes i do miss certain foods but soon get over that!

Have to admit, i can still eat not brilliant stuff like chocolate and things like that dont make me feel full (slider foods) so have to try and reign it in abit.

I am a firm believer in still having things in moderation for treats. You dont want to be on a diet, just a normal healthy eating plan with things you fancy sometimes.

What date is your surgery?

Jo xx

sandra overton

Ta for that girls it's a relief to hear it's not gunna be as fragile as I imagined! I suppose if it was too fragile it wouldn't be fit for purpose right?

Ha im not nearly that organised Kim. Bought a few bits like slippers and a dressing gown but I think I'll pack light. I tend to be pretty last minute with these things so imagine I'll do it Tuesday night!
I took nightie and pjamas and didnt even wear them stayed in the gown they give you so wont need much xx

sandra overton

Hi Elias!

Just popping in, how qre you finding the milk diet?

I was sleeved last June and its the best thing I have ever done. I have gone from 22.5stone to 13.12stone. 1.5stone to go until target of a healthy BMI.

My advice post op is definatly eat slow and chew lots. There are some foods i cannot tolerate, i sometimes get the foamies but its all worth it.
I dont feel hunger but sometimes i do miss certain foods but soon get over that!

Have to admit, i can still eat not brilliant stuff like chocolate and things like that dont make me feel full (slider foods) so have to try and reign it in abit.

I am a firm believer in still having things in moderation for treats. You dont want to be on a diet, just a normal healthy eating plan with things you fancy sometimes.

What date is your surgery?

Jo xx
Well done joanne you have done so well i got sleeved on the 26th feel a bit btighter today managed a bit of protein slimfast about 200 mils this morning how much did you manage when first starting out xx

Elias

Hey Joanne, those losses are crazy good! I can't even imagine getting those kind of results but it would be mind blowing. I have literally no idea what I'd look like 8 and a half stone lighter. Well done on doing so great with it.

The milks been okay. I wouldn't wanna have to do it again in a hurry but like most things it's not as bad as imagined.

I think the slow eating thing is gunna be key but it's definitely not gunna come naturally! I can scoff things down like a gannet. The foamies sound pretty grim but it'll be a good indicator. Have you ever had dumping? Apparently it's still possible on a sleeve even though the chances are much lower. Really not keen for that. (Not that I'm planning to plough loads of crap in, I just heard of people that practically look at certain foods and get it)

I love your outlook on maintaining a balance as that's exactly where I'm coming from with it. I want the surgery to be a tool rather than a punishment! I've always eaten a decent mixture of the food groups but the problem has been portion size more than anything. I seem to have a limitless capacity.

Surgery is on Wednesday so it's finally just around the corner! x

Thanks Sandra, I'm really glad you're doing well after your sleeve. Save me a spot on that bench I'll be there soon! Hehe x

JoannaN89

Thanks Elias! I didnt think those losses were possible either but they are! Will be you soon!

Foamies arent the best, i had them alot on diced meat & chicken breast so tend not to eat that now or put it in the slow cooker. I have never experienced dumping!

Wow Wednesday! How exciting! Start of a new you! Xx

Bling Babe

Very good luck tomorrow, look forward to following the next stage in your journey x