• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can Finally Say Hey!

Hey everyone just a quick update. Everything went well in theatre and I'm sleeved now! Unfortunately had a bad reaction to the fentanyl they gave me and went into some kind of respiratory shut down so was a bit of a strange day. What with being monitored every hour I've not slept great and am hoping to just go home to bed! A case of waiting for surgeon to get in and okay it now.
I hope you are okwelcome to the benchx

Oh my goodness, that's scary! Glad everything else went well though! Congrats! :)

I hope everything is ok and you are back at home recovering x

Hello, I've just read your story. Just wanted to say hope you are recovering well

Wow thanks everyone! What a wave of good vibes. Felt a million times better once I was home. The pillow was a lifesaver! Not had an amazing nights sleep as am still quite uncomfortable. Definitely better than being harassed every hour for obs though! Not managed much in the way of nutrients as I'm totally not hungry. Few teaspoons of high protein yoghurt is about as much as I could manage. Had another couple this morning to settle my stomach for the meds. Starting to get a decent amount of water down me though. Fragmin injections were easier than I thought. Just a waiting game now I guess while things heal up. Dared to jump on a scales and was pleasantly surprised at how much the milk diet and practice runs had achieved. Just over 2 stone in as many months. Makes me feel positive for the future. Thanks again everyone for checking in. Means a lot. x

Wow thanks everyone! What a wave of good vibes. Felt a million times better once I was home. The pillow was a lifesaver! Not had an amazing nights sleep as am still quite uncomfortable. Definitely better than being harassed every hour for obs though! Not managed much in the way of nutrients as I'm totally not hungry. Few teaspoons of high protein yoghurt is about as much as I could manage. Had another couple this morning to settle my stomach for the meds. Starting to get a decent amount of water down me though. Fragmin injections were easier than I thought. Just a waiting game now I guess while things heal up. Dared to jump on a scales and was pleasantly surprised at how much the milk diet and practice runs had achieved. Just over 2 stone in as many months. Makes me feel positive for the future. Thanks again everyone for checking in. Means a lot. x
Great to hear from you and 2 stone is amazing, just listen to your body, get plenty of rest and don’t worry too much about the food just yet it will get better each day the really important thing is to just keep on sipping x

Congratulations and take it easy, you have had major surgery xx

How are you feeling today @Elias ? Are you coping well with the sipping and restricted movements? The first few days were the worst for me sleep wise. Are you able to get some sleep?

Hey Kim I'm actually feeling pretty good today thanks! Slept way better last night. The port where he removed the excess is definitely the most sore. Mainly when getting up and sitting. That said I've even noticed that improve today ever so slightly. Got the fluids sorted. Going down a treat. Appetite is coming back but no where near what I thought I'd be battling with! Guess the hormone thing is true. Had a few spoons of the skyr for breakfast. Got a load of tiny pots full of blended soups and things in the freezer (about a fifth or sixth of an average mug) and had one of those a bit later on. Must have energised me as I had a hankering to get out in the sun. So I know it's probably not advised but I had a small stroll along a nearby stream for about 20 minutes and sipped a small latte as I went! Felt good not to feel like such an invalid.

My surgeon advised two 30 minute walks per day from day 3 so I think you are ok with your stroll. Its good to get out I think. Keeps your blood flowing and reduces any gas pains if you have any. It's great you are coping so well post-op.

Are you doing any food/weight/measurement tracking? How long are you on liquids?

Well I'm 40 mins under then! Better try harder tomorrow! Been getting the odd stabbing pain in my back and shoulders which I'm led to believe is the gas pain. It's got better though.

Dunno about the measurements and tracking. I'm not for now. I see it's really helpful for a lot of people but I'm in two minds about it for me. I want to do things right but I also worry I could become too obsessive with too many figures involved. I want to achieve some kind of natural balance if thats possible. I'm not about to start shoveling junk in though! I think while I'm losing I'll just trust my body but if it stalls or slows then it's there as an option.

I'm on liquids for 2, purée for 2, soft for 2 then solids after that.

Yup, shoulder pain sounds like gas. Sounds like you've thought through your game plan. Hope the liquid stage goes well.

glad you are better I am feeling much better don't need painkillers anymore hate the injections only 6 more to go be glad when I can go on to pureed I fed up with liquid my scars are healing ok I haven't weighed myself yet I do have to drink more water I love green tea don't drink so much now but I managed 5 today well small cups also had slimfast milkshake a glass milk clear soup greek youghrt and a sugar free jelly roll on next week when I can plan the meal properly I hope I know you are few days out but it will get easier did you get a tape measure to measure yourself xx

Yup, shoulder pain sounds like gas. Sounds like you've thought through your game plan. Hope the liquid stage goes well.

Thanks Kim it's perhaps an overly optimistic rather than well thought out plan but if I'm going to go traveling in a few months then I'll not be able to keep such a close eye on the figures anyway. I know that my calorie intake has been tiny and that the foods I've been eating (drinking) have the kinds of nutrients I'm after so fingers crossed it's going alright so far.

glad you are better I am feeling much better don't need painkillers anymore hate the injections only 6 more to go be glad when I can go on to pureed I fed up with liquid my scars are healing ok I haven't weighed myself yet I do have to drink more water I love green tea don't drink so much now but I managed 5 today well small cups also had slimfast milkshake a glass milk clear soup greek youghrt and a sugar free jelly roll on next week when I can plan the meal properly I hope I know you are few days out but it will get easier did you get a tape measure to measure yourself xx

Sounds like you're doing really well Sandra. I bet you'll be really impressed when you do get on the scales. I'm still on the pain killers and that one port is still pretty sore but I'm happy with how much better I'm feeling each day. The injections look nastier than they ended up being. I haven't bought a tape measure but I do need a belt for my jeans now else they fall clean down! Got myself a scales. I've always hated the things but I think it'll be good to check in and make sure everythings going in the right direction; (plus there was a real good feeling when I realised how much I'd lost already!)
x

Similar story food wise yesterday. Had some spoons of protein yoghurt for breakfast, had small amount of soup for lunch and dinner and treated myself to half a cup of smoothie that I made with banana, strawberry and milk. As much water as I could manage and the odd tea and coffee. Walked along the beach for about 40 mins and the same back again.

Similar story food wise yesterday. Had some spoons of protein yoghurt for breakfast, had small amount of soup for lunch and dinner and treated myself to half a cup of smoothie that I made with banana, strawberry and milk. As much water as I could manage and the odd tea and coffee. Walked along the beach for about 40 mins and the same back again.
You are doing really well, well done xx

Back