• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can Finally Say Hey!

SAM55

Have just caught up with your diary as have been off site as you know. Well done on making such a great recovery from surgery and for the loss. I understand the social anxiety - gets bouts of it myself often enough. Hopefully as your confidence builds with the weight loss you will feel able to go out more. Are you getting any support with the SA? What sort of things do you like doing? Does it happen in all situations or is it worse with groups rather than individuals? My struggle is with small talk and also feeling like I am prying if I start asking questions about people's lives. However, if someone opens up I can do deep and meaningful conversations and am better at the written rather than the spoken word.

sandra overton

Hey all thanks for the check up am doing alright thanks! @slimkim I've not made it to the docs as my social anxiety has been savage the last few days but I did order some nexium to take when the Lansoprazole runs out in the evening. Has been helping so when I do get to the docs I'll just ask for an evening dose like you said.

At last count a few days ago I was down back into the teens just about so am definitely super stoked about that. Was 19st 10 I think so I'm definitely still going in the right direction. Can't believe how quickly it's working! Probably not seen this weight for 4 or 5 years! Just over 5 more stone til I reach my goal!

Food wise I've not touched anything like bread or pasta but am pretty much back to the full variety of textures. Little changes make a big difference I've noticed. Eg I can have two back bacon medallions from Tesco and two medium eggs scrambled which fills me right up but is only 200 cals. Feels like a cooked breakfast to me. A real small tin of beans is 200 cals and an extra 200 for the bread so by just removing those (which I couldn't actually manage now but always had before) it's cutting the calories by 2 thirds... And that's without including sausages etc. As i realised before those sneaky buggers are everywhere but they are manageable if you pick (or perhaps just as importantly drop) the right things! Still eating plenty of veg where I can but have prioritised protein overall. Not been rigourously counting every meal but as I said before I'm getting a good idea so I know I'm not breaching 1k cals at this point. Usually more like 6-8. Did have another pint the other day. Another 200 cal waste but I bloody enjoyed it haha. Just helps build the self control!

The walkings slowed down but that's because of my anxiety more than anything. Will pick up more as that settles. Bought me some weights so should get on with a few reps soon. I just have to battle my brain as exercise definitely doesn't come naturally!

Apart from the acid reflux I haven't had any other issues post op. If I didn't feel the restriction and lack of hunger i'd never even know I'd had the surgery a month ago.
looks like you are doing well and glad you enjoyed your pint ah ah I am doing well too in the morning I was having a Weetabix but now I cant so only have a yogurt for breakfast I was up hospital seeing dietian the 6th and see said its ok and I should be only having half a Weetabix anyway I do have protein today I had smoked haddock for dinner but even the neighbours smelt it it was nice and my snack is 2 rye crackers laughing cow cheese with a little piccalilli that's really nice x

_Victoria_

Hey @Elias, I'm really glad you're doing so well. Your weight loss is amazing so far, keep it up!
It seems like me and you are alike in more ways than one. We both suffer with a lot of social anxiety, and like you, i try not to get caught up on all the numbers and stuff and just want a general idea of what i should and shouldn't be having. I've ate loads of these tandoori chicken skewers from Iceland. They're really tasty and one skewer is only 102 calories and 19.3g of protein. I can only eat one at a time though, sometimes can't even manage that!
I really hope you start feeling better when it comes to your social anxiety. I know how crippling it can be and the limits you put on yourself due to just that. But hopefully, like the others have said, the more confident you get about yourself the more confident you will feel around other people. You're doing such a good job and you're making great choices for yourself. I think the more you remind yourself of that and the more you keep achieving, the easier things will keep getting. Good luck! You definitely got this :D Xx

Jules65

Hey @Elias, I'm really glad you're doing so well. Your weight loss is amazing so far, keep it up!
It seems like me and you are alike in more ways than one. We both suffer with a lot of social anxiety, and like you, i try not to get caught up on all the numbers and stuff and just want a general idea of what i should and shouldn't be having. I've ate loads of these tandoori chicken skewers from Iceland. They're really tasty and one skewer is only 102 calories and 19.3g of protein. I can only eat one at a time though, sometimes can't even manage that!
I really hope you start feeling better when it comes to your social anxiety. I know how crippling it can be and the limits you put on yourself due to just that. But hopefully, like the others have said, the more confident you get about yourself the more confident you will feel around other people. You're doing such a good job and you're making great choices for yourself. I think the more you remind yourself of that and the more you keep achieving, the easier things will keep getting. Good luck! You definitely got this :D Xx

Wow you have done amazing with your weight lost so far, fabulous x

Bling Babe

Hi Elias how are you getting on ?

slimkim

I second @Bling Babe query. How are you managing with your sleeve?x

Sarnie

How are you Elias?

Bling Babe

Elias, worried about you now and missing your input, really hoping your ok and just taking a break from posting x

slimkim

Heya, I hope you're ok. Let us know how things are going post op when you get a chance.x

Parsnip

Hope everything is ok x