• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Can you get addicted?

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
I as a long term post bypasser I have read over the years that we can have transferred addiction, some turn to alcohol, but can you get addicted to weight loss.

Now I've lost another two stone, I'm tempted to try and lose another stone.

That would take me down to 14 stone, giving me a 14 stone loss.

Anyone else feel like this?

Attachments

• image-604848742.jpg
    image-604848742.jpg
    360.6 KB · Views: 55
It's a worry isn't it....I believe anything that releases 'feel good endorphins' is addictive...

Eating
Looking weight
Shopping
Sunbeds
Chocolate
Drinking
Exercise

Abstaining may be also released endorphin of satisfaction, perhaps you really don't need to lose another stone, are you fit, can you do a charity walk & perhaps focus on new challenges ....? Hope that doesn't sound condescending, it isn't meant to...

I worry about this sort of thing too though x

It is a real danger Gary. Do you think it could be an issue for you, what would that extra stone loss put you at BMI wise?

14 stone doesn't sound too bad at 6ft but it depends on your build etc xx

You're doing brilliantly Gary. I have this worry too as I have been there when I was in my early teens. It's just so easy to get caught up with the thrill of losing weight. I hope my older and wiser head keeps me under control this time around but I'm still a long way from my target yet so I'm not going to stress over it right now xx
Not that I am denying your achievement so far Gary because as regards that you have excelled hun but you've still got a good bit of leeway yet BMI wise, not that I have faith in the BMI system mind you, so go for it hun :) xx

Back