• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band's 1st birthday!

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
Well here Iam a year down the line, it's amazing how quick a year passes.
I started at 19 stone 3lbs and am 5 stone 3lbs lighter at 14 stone.
A year ago I couldn't imagine being 14 stone as I haven't been 14 stone since I was about 17! I still tell myself everyday 'you're 14 stone....whoop'!
I have found this journey very difficult at times and have felt like a failure alot, but for me lack of self confidence is how I roll! I feel very positive right now and I know that I will start losing again when my body is ready. I have to eat 'fairly normally'', I am not crash dieting, Iam not limiting my calories to a ridulously small amount in order to lose weight as I don't believe that anyone can keep that up long term! This is for life and Iam soooo happy!
I love my band!!
Karen xxx

well done Karen, I totally know where you're coming from! happy surgiversary love xx

Happy happy one year!!! So pleased you are in a good place. I am like you but hope my fill tomorrow ll start my restriction and hopefully give me the weight loss boost I need

Well done on your success so far miss hungry, and all the best on losing the last 2 stone.

Thanks xxx

Well done Karen...great result!!! X

well done so far Karen ... hope you are feeling as good as you are looking :) x

Well done Karen I'm so happy for you!!!! You are inspiring me to push through hard times and look forward to my better life in 11 months time, hopefully I will be at my goal weight! Congrats and wishing you all the best Xx

Miss Hungry, you always have been and always will be a total inspiration to me. I used to look at your posts and dream of being as successful as you and I've read the posts where things have been a little more ...er...challenging (!) and I've thought how 'normal' you sound!! Well done and keep going cos you've only really got a wee bit to go now :) xx

:)Great results & a lovely inspiring post Karen:)
Happy surgiversary to youxxxx

Hope you get to your goal soon. You really do help me to keep going. I had my third fill yesterday and I have now 6.75 ml in a 10ml band and still feels constantly hungry :'(

oh Mis No!!!!!! you poor thing...I hope it tightens up soon. I read a tip on the internet this week which sort of makes sense to me- and that is to drink some really cold water before your meal as it tends to tighten your band up a bit and gives better restriction. I know it works for me...I tried to drink a slushpuppy a while back and failed!! Have a go! xx

And Karen- how did your fill go?

Thanks Mrs pill. I ll try this although happy to report I struggled after half my lunch!!!! Yeah :)

Hi mis, do you not go back to liquid/mush etc following a fill? it just gives it time to settle. X

Yeah one day liquid one day mushy then back to normal. It's hard when you feel constantly hungry, hence why I was so looking forward to my fill...

I had a fill today too. A quarter mil drip! Now got 8ml in my 10ml band. I can't imagine a quarter mil will make any difference but I'm hoping so.
how much did you have put in Mis?

Back