• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

cancelled appointments

janebell

hi im reading a lot on here that a lot off ppl with sunderland are getting there appointments cancelled its making feel like i might b wasting my time expecting my next appointment in four mths like they said it makes ya feel so down :( x

It is a bit worrying isn't it! There seems to be quite a few people who are going to have to wait ages for their next appointment but while I've noticed it happening to individuals in the past I've never seen it happening to several people at once. Hopefully its a one off and things will go back to normal soon x

i hope you are right newcy i feel sorry for the ppl its happened to just hope they get things bk on track x

I'm feeling same as you janebell mentally working out the months in my head to various appointments! I think If I received a cancellation letter I'd go insane. Every week feels like a month as it is doesn't it.
You going to the SRH support meeting?

I have been there and it was hell! BUT... take it as it comes and have no expectations. In the end my op came round before I had chance to blink!! Soooo worth the wait hunnies xxx

I had 1 cancelled app, but it didnt bother me just gave me an extra 3/4 mths to make sure I knew wot a was doing thats the way I looked at it, cause it will come round fast.

Good Luck with your journey

I had my endoscopy at SRH on 8th December and was told I would be added to the list that day, although I'm not sure whether I should have received any kind of written confirmation or how far in advance I will be notified of a surgery date. I am not a patient person, do the waiting is torturous, so i can imagine how it must feel to those people who have had appointments cancelled and rebooked months afterwards.

ur nxt letter or phone call will probs be ur surgery appointment think from endescopy i waited about 5 mths. with only 2 wks notice for surgery.
Hoipe that helps

Thanks very much for that, all my other appts have had a fair bit of notice so thought surgery appt might be the same:)

I started my journey with SRH with the seminar on the 16th Dec 2010, followed by nurse/dietician appt on 21st April and the consultant appt on the 23rd September. I have noticed from the forum that quite a few people at SRH have seen the nurse, dietitian and consultant on the same day. I was wondering whether that might account for the appointments being moved? So that instead of waiting 4 months for nurse/dietician appointment, it is all done at around 8 months?

i find it hard to get the support groups minxtress im just gonna have to learn to b patient i guess like everyone else but its like ya said you go over every day in your head counting for the next appointment thanks for all your replys x

The team at Sunderland do get "crippled" by their outstanding success and excellent service! Bear with them things might change a bit in the New Year as in our region James Cook Hosp and Darlington Memorial are starting to do WLS (Though I have mixed feelings about this) it may relieve some of the pressure on the SRH "hero" team!

PhilT said:
The team at Sunderland do get "crippled" by their outstanding success and excellent service! Bear with them things might change a bit in the New Year as in our region James Cook Hosp and Darlington Memorial are starting to do WLS (Though I have mixed feelings about this) it may relieve some of the pressure on the SRH "hero" team!

hi Phil
I have had my appointment cancelled for 5 months and although I do understand it is nothing but disappointing when you have already worked with your GP for nearly 18 months before being referred. when I have my next appointment it will be 18 months since seminar so 3 years in total and still not seen surgeon! And as for Darlington Memorial I understand they have started their WLS programme but I too have doubts as the surgeon does not appear to have a track record in this area!

fingers crossed my next appointment is not cancelled as I will definitely be looking at 2013 before surgery!!!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I had mine cancelled by mail this morning and a new one made from May to 10th September Im devastated this takes my wait between appointments to 11 months and that I find hard to accept.

Thanks very much for that, all my other appts have had a fair bit of notice so thought surgery appt might be the same:)

I started my journey with SRH with the seminar on the 16th Dec 2010, followed by nurse/dietician appt on 21st April and the consultant appt on the 23rd September. I have noticed from the forum that quite a few people at SRH have seen the nurse, dietitian and consultant on the same day. I was wondering whether that might account for the appointments being moved? So that instead of waiting 4 months for nurse/dietician appointment, it is all done at around 8 months?

I am not an SRH patient...But that sounds plausible to me. Maybe in the end it is no more drawn out than it would have been.

I would find the massive gap between appointments really hard to keep up the momentum. With my hospital until the op you get weight management appointments every 2-3 months. 11 months would be horrendous!

hi im reading a lot on here that a lot off ppl with sunderland are getting there appointments cancelled its making feel like i might b wasting my time expecting my next appointment in four mths like they said it makes ya feel so down :( x
i was thinking the same i know they told me at the seminar that they have double the amount of paitents this year than last year so i expect its going to take double the amount of time disapointing though wish i had the money to go private x

Back