• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Check out these TT pix

Looking at the photos - I look like some of the before pictures - and I think all the after ones look better.

Scars will fade down in time and not look so pronounced - but I'd rather a scar then folds of flesh .... if only I could afford it ....

Looking at the photos - I look like some of the before pictures - and I think all the after ones look better.

Scars will fade down in time and not look so pronounced - but I'd rather a scar then folds of flesh .... if only I could afford it ....

Only the post-lipo ones look really good.

And scars have ridges, too, not just faint white lines (eventually). The ridges never go away.

Hmmmm.

Definitely food for thought.

Hey - I look like some of the 'befores', too! That's the problem.

ps

those are pix of the raving success stories.

what about the others?? the ones only half as good?

*trembles*

Those are really good results, what do you expect it to look like.....?
You are going to get a scar, dont forget they have taken a huge amount of skin away and you cant go through that without a scar. It all depends on how much you want to be rid of the loose skin....!

I never realised the scars were so long. I too prefer some of the before photos.

I would rather have the scars than the mass of loose skin I have at the moment.

I scar really badly - I get keloid scars - so I won't be EVER having a tummy tuck!!!!!!

xxx

Same here Isobel. The scars from my gall bladder removal and hysterectomy are bad enough and they are both over 30 years old. No tummy tuck for me!

Pam

I never realised the scars were so long. I too prefer some of the before photos.

They generally cut from hip to hip....so yes a huge scar but I would rather have the scar than the rolls of fat and flesh.
Everyone will have there own opinion though

I think I would settle for a good pair of hold in knickers, as cheaper option to:)

I cant wait to have mine done.....its getting me down. The hernia sticks out so much that when its sorted my belly will be worse than just what will be left from being obese.

Don't get me wrong!

My tum looks horrible and I would love a tummy tuck, but I fear that a massive scar would bug me. We are all so conscious of faults, real or imagined, in our bodies.

But, sure, it's better than saggy wrinkled skin hanging down. My rear end and inner thighs and arms could use some serious attention, too! Not that I could ever afford to have so much work done.

I have very fair, delicate skin and, like others here, fear that any scarring beneath my tum might be excessive. Even so I hate the way that area looks right now. Two or more stones from now it is bound to look much worse.

Still very glad I lost so much weight, though. You can't really cover up 9-11 stones, plus, of surplus fat... I may be splashing-out on Big Knickers! Never tried them. They look weird, don't they? LOL.

Anybody here had a successful TT? Are you pleased with the results? I'd love to know.

Anybody here had a successful TT? Are you pleased with the results? I'd love to know.

yep! me!

i'm nearly 3.5 months out from a full tt and lipo to the flanks.

i was a bit worried about the scar but knew it would be so much better and easier to hide than the big roll of skin i had before.

my scar goes half way round my circumference (if you know what i mean), like across the front half of me past each hip bone. and its hidden under my knicker line.

at the moment it is deep red but it will fade in time and it is VERY thin (my surgeon did a fantastic job), in fact in the middle (above pube area) its actually started fading already and i dont scar well (still have mark on hand from cannula i had for the op) so thats great.

i'm so please with the results and the scar and in my opinion the scar is absolutely nothing compared to the roll of skin. the way i saw it, the only people who will see the scar is people i choose to show and it was hard to hide my roll unless under mens baggy tshirts and clothes i didnt really want to wear. all depends on how much the skin effects you and i hated it.

p.s. i wont be posting pics lol, just my preference sorry!

yep! me!

i'm nearly 3.5 months out from a full tt and lipo to the flanks.

i was a bit worried about the scar but knew it would be so much better and easier to hide than the big roll of skin i had before.

my scar goes half way round my circumference (if you know what i mean), like across the front half of me past each hip bone. and its hidden under my knicker line.

at the moment it is deep red but it will fade in time and it is VERY thin (my surgeon did a fantastic job), in fact in the middle (above pube area) its actually started fading already and i dont scar well (still have mark on hand from cannula i had for the op) so thats great.

i'm so please with the results and the scar and in my opinion the scar is absolutely nothing compared to the roll of skin. the way i saw it, the only people who will see the scar is people i choose to show and it was hard to hide my roll unless under mens baggy tshirts and clothes i didnt really want to wear. all depends on how much the skin effects you and i hated it.

p.s. i wont be posting pics lol, just my preference sorry!

How long did it take you to return to work, Im hopefully having one the same time as my hernia op and was wondering how long you had to be off. Did they get you up and about straight away, how was moving around at first....? And did you have to wear control briefs after....?
So many questions....lol.
Its good to hear from you.

I will continue to wear my baggy skin with pride;)

How long did it take you to return to work, Im hopefully having one the same time as my hernia op and was wondering how long you had to be off. Did they get you up and about straight away, how was moving around at first....? And did you have to wear control briefs after....?
So many questions....lol.
Its good to hear from you.

i was back to uni in 3 weeks, back to working at the hospital in 9 weeks (just the way it worked out with uni though not my choice), i think they recommend at least 6 weeks though. i was only sat in lectures 1 to 2 days a week in uni. i was up walking to the toilet (about 6ft away from my bed) the same night i had the op, prob about 8/9 hours after. they say to rest and not to push yourself into doing things until you feel ready. no long walks or anything for at least 3 weeks i think they said.

it took about 2 weeks for me to start walking straight again as due to the muscle repair you walk bent over for a while which made my back ache for a while. i couldnt walk very far at first without a rest but could make it up the stairs to the toilet on day 2 when i got home, the going to to toilet was the well needed rest in between having to get back down again lol.

i had to wear control pants (which had little short legs in the top, a hole for weeing and came up to just under my boobs (pinned it to my bra to stop it rolling down)) for 6 weeks but only for 12 hours a day after 4 weeks. but whether you have to wear them and for how long for depends on the sugeon.

i'm still swelling now which can take up to a year to subside but am back to normal, still get the odd ache if i strain too much or lift something too heavy but nothing major. cant ever say i was in pain, more discomfort. in fact the lipo ached more than the tt.

you're having a hernia repair at the same time so you're recovery is going to be different from mine but at least this gives you a bit of an idea.

feel free to ask me anymore questions, pm me or email me if you like. everyones recovery is totally different though which you have to remember. i was reading american sites about it and they were really dramatic about it lol, going on about there's no way you can sleep in your own bed straight away and how they had to sleep in recliners and how they didnt sleep a whole night through for months. i was back in my own bed when i got home with pillows under my legs and was sleeping as normal straight away lol. (you have to sleep on your back for a few weeks though, think it took me about 5 weeks to be able to tolerate sleeping on my side again).

I will continue to wear my baggy skin with pride;)

it obviously doesnt bother and effect you like it does with some people. :cool:

Personally i think scars from gallstones and cesarians arnt as good as scars from a TT, TT scars are stitched up a lot better, my scar isnt raised at all, and a TT scar is hidden in your undies, i know what i would rather have:D
Michelle

Back