• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

childrens ready meals

Paula1975

If I get shot down for this question I'm sorry...I have seen childrens ready meals and they look the right size for us wlsers. They say its one of five a day. Are these really suitable every now and again?(Not every dinner time?)

They are proper meals like roast dinners etc. Seen in asda and sainsburys

I would say they are ok just dont go for baby foods or sugary c**p!

I eat Asda "great stuff" kids meals all the time, i can just manage them :) im into beef stew and dumplings, and cottage pie, Mmmmmm nom nom lol xxx

Sainsbury's do a good "good for you" low cal/fat range of prepared meals, they are currently on offer at 3 for £5, the shepherds pie, cottage pie and the chicken and mushroom pie are lovely, they only contain about 350 cals too, but are really tasty.

Ive just had some on my mush stage (2 meals early on) but they are really nice.

Tesco also do a smaller appetite range, childrens meals may not have the ideal mix of protein, carbs and fat for an adult wanting to lose weight.

They do actually
They are just smaller portions which is all we can eat
I dont est them every day but they are handy

They do actually
They are just smaller portions which is all we can eat
I dont est them every day but they are handy

They do actually what?

Childrens meals are not just smaller portions, children need things in their food that we don't.

I'm well aware that we need smaller portions - being 3 1/2 years post op! which is why I suggested smaller appetite 'adult' meals.

No tbey are just smaller portions of adult meals

Sorry i didnt mean to sound so rude

Last edited:
No tbey are just smaller portions of adult meals

Sorry i didnt mean to sound so rude

I get these for my kids they are going to be great for me in a couple of weeks, I understand what you mean. They are an adult meal only the portion size for a child xxx / defo going to m&s didn't think to look in there cheers xxx

Well i eat either sainsburys or tescos smaller portions value meals and also these child portions. i will now also try asda. they are all about 200 calories. the cottage pies/fish pies have only mashed potato on and no veg so i have a veg option for my second meal or some fruit then a few bits of chicken to make up the protein
I use my fitness pal app to record my intake and i rarely fall short.as far as nutrition is concerned
I do take a forceval vit capsule every day as well but find i am going over on vit A and C

Mazza is so right, the children's meals are not good for us!!!

However the ( child ) SIZE are fine you can find in the fridge section,...as far as I can tell after reading the info on Asda online, it's all on there Xxxx

Back