• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Constipation

I agree, don't let yourself get to the impacted stage just for a want to avoid meds. I have had a hideous evening tonight as I got impacted, I have been in hospital for surgery since Wednesday and with everything going on didn't realise I hadn't 'been' since Monday, when I normally go daily. 2 enemas and a long time on the toilet (when I'm supposed to be staying laid down) and I've had some relief, but I don't half wish I'd taken something a few days ago! I figured as I was still passing wind I was ok, but nope, all of a sudden today i went downhill very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

ok ladies, i gave in an hour ago. I had the movicol (which is horrible!).

Im not in pain, i went this morning but it was err, compact? lol I need things a little looser ;) Ive been going daily so didnt think i would have issues today, but boy was it a struggle earlier haha!

*throws her dignity out of the window*

x

If it's compact and painful try the glycerine suppositories, you can buy them over the counter and they basically soften and lubricate things! Don't worry about dignity, after my last post I think mines gone too!

Hope things improve hun xx

all movicol does is sort of line the gut so that the 'poo' slides down, it dosnt actually do anything that can upset your gut and bowels, whereas senokot etc make your bowel work, which is why you get caught short and have all the gripes etc, i was told by my doctor to take senokot only when absolutely necessary, and to use the movicol, i found if i put it in frut juice, (nas), it goes dwn a lot easier.

shelbell said:
I agree, don't let yourself get to the impacted stage just for a want to avoid meds. I have had a hideous evening tonight as I got impacted, I have been in hospital for surgery since Wednesday and with everything going on didn't realise I hadn't 'been' since Monday, when I normally go daily. 2 enemas and a long time on the toilet (when I'm supposed to be staying laid down) and I've had some relief, but I don't half wish I'd taken something a few days ago! I figured as I was still passing wind I was ok, but nope, all of a sudden today i went downhill very quickly.

Hi Shelbell, I hope you are ok and surgery went well xx

Jinjanut said:
Hi Shelbell, I hope you are ok and surgery went well xx

Hi jinja, I'm doing good thanks, lots of rest so lots of time to loiter on here!

I find Movicol tends to work after 12 hours or more! Keep hitting the fluids Deets and hopefully you won't get into this fix again.........

........dignity? what's dignity?! LOL

Shelbel, sending lots of hugs and hope you feel much better today honey.
Gracexxx

I am thanks Grace. Still a bit bunged up but getting there! My own fault for leaving it too long.

Hello all,

just wondered if anyone has suffered from constipation post op? If you did, how have you managed/improved it? :kissass:

This is all so new to me...ive never had problems getting down to business!! Ive been so focused on getting my protein in, that everything else has taken a back step (eg fruit and veg).

My poor booty can't cope anymore so all advice gratefully received! :gen147:

x

Hi Deets,

I'm only a few days post op but I was consipated since before the operation.
I finally pooped today after having a small bottle of actimel.

Hope you find some relief soon xxx

Back