• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

Good girl... Don't break! You can do it!

I'm lucky in that I have no inclination to eat at all. I just clock watch and make sure I have something to eat at the right time. Occasionally I get the pang pain first that tells me I am running on empty but even then I am not yearning to eat. There has been a box of celebrations sitting in our lounge since Christmas ... Only once in that time have I craved a choc. I only had 2 but I was racked with guilt over it .... So don't do it! xx

Oh I'm a chocoholic!!!

Right now I'd eat anything! Only thing that's stopping me it the thoughts of being sick!!! Oh and the fact that I paid to get the balloon private!
I would like to wish myself into next week.
Went for a 2.5 mile walk! The rocking motion is unreal!!! But I enjoyed getting out.
Booked in the gym tomorrow

I did not like auralia at all. Major clash with them. I hope they work out well for you. I found them very money grabbing. I hope you get the support you have paid for. They should tailor they dietary info to fit with your needs. I would insist upon it.

Sorry I can't advise on any of the symptoms you guys have. I had none of them really.

"RoseMcnose

Sorry I can't advise on any of the symptoms you guys have. I had none of them really.[/QUOTE]

You rub it in why don't ye lol :)
It's time of the month today so I'm blaming some of my symptoms of that :)
How much have u lost since getting it in?

Hey, you guys will have the last laugh, you will loose tons more than me ! :cry:

Believe me, I could do with a little more discomfort. It's a bit freakish that I can have a 500 ml balloon and not really notice it!!! Will give you an idea of what I used to be able to pack away!!!!!

I had spent a month having very small portions before the balloon went in!!!
I'd have a protein shake at 11ish after doing a workout, then for lunch I would have boiled eggs and beans, then for dinner I'd have baked salmon and veg with no oil! All I drank was water and slimming tea. So my stomach had to of shrunk from that. I also lost a stone.
I feel like I'm pregnant again! The pressure of the balloon on my stomach just feels like a baby!

Have u lost much?
I'm still undecided as to weather I should have got the balloon or not! It's hard work.
Keep ur chin up you will do a great job. Any loss is a good loss xx

17 lbs so far. I have stalled this week. But it's redeemable, I have a spatz so I have a year to go.

That's fantastic!! 17lbs that's over a stone!!!!

Well done!!!
So ur balloon can be topped up in a few months yea?

It can but I don't plan to have a fill.

It can but I don't plan to have a fill.

Oh, I understand! I would rather my balloon popped rather than have to get it taking out lol
I don't think I will manage with it in for 6 months!
But will have to wait n see how it goes!
I can't wait to see how well I do in a few weeks. So excited to be down another clothes size!
Oh to be able to go into a normal shop and buy something straight off the rack! Not to have to say is that big fitting or small :)

17 lbs so far. I have stalled this week. But it's redeemable, I have a spatz so I have a year to go.

Fantastic work Rose ... Stalls happen its just your body fighting back against the new regime... I was stuck for three weeks despite my complicity. Drink loads and stick to your plan and it will move downwards again. A stone a month is really good going a bypasser would be well chuffed with that loss ;) xx

Yep and no ... Got a stinking cold and cough so I don't know what part to hold lol. Thought I would try a tablespoon of shredded chicken for tea tonight but it just wouldn't stay down :( Hubby went and got me some slim fast and petit filous to get me through the next couple of days. I can't go on with this calorie intake.. I am totally wabbit.

Rose ... I sip everything slowely, half a cup of tea takes me a good 3/4 of an hour and even then I still haven't finished. Yet 2 hours later it can still sitting there :( . Can you remember if that was the norm for you in those first few days? Xx

Oh that's terrible!

I have to be on liquid for a full week. But I'm kinda afraid to over do it with water anything incase I get sick!
Can't wait to eat some veg and fish!!!
I have a few different types of protein shakes that I plan to be on for the next few weeks.

My provider likes you to try get back to normal eating after 3days... I have failed miserably there then :( . Going to stick with liquids, at least to the weekend at least that on its own doesn't leave me bagged up. It's when I start adding purée solids into the frame that it all goes belly up. Bits of my runny oats so simple (2tbs prepared)where still there when dinner wouldn't stay down last night, 9 hours later as did the 2tbs of jelly I had 3hours previous and I ate that over an hour period! :rolleyes: ... Dietician thinks I need to cut portions back to 1 tbs... Geeze my fitness pal will go apoplectic lol

Meant to say ... I think I feel wabbit not because of the balloon per say but because of the heavy annoying cold I have which is draining by itself without throwing a balloon into the equation.
I can cope at the moment with the very little sickiness (x3) I have had. Yes I retched a lot in the first two days and what that produced wasn't what I would really call "sick"
Being kept awake through the past 3 nights because of the cold I have just isn't helping the situation :(. X

Does 1 Strepsil count as a cheat.... I was desperate :D

Think u should be ok with strepsils!!! I've been having mints to kill the hart burn and I don't care if I shouldn't, it's a bit easier that way!!!
Hope today's an easier day for ye.
My plan is to go the gym today. Fingers crossed that will go well :)

Good for you CB. I'm Planning to buy myself a wii fit sometime in the near future so I can do gentle excersize in the comfort of my own home until I am of a size that I won't feel self conscious in a swimming pool. I find swimming much easier on my back and joints and its a good work out too. I used to be a joint member of a famous chain of gyms in the UK but I refused, out of principle, to pay the full package when all I ever used was the pool, steam room and showers. I don't think it's an impossibility to set up a package that offers just that but they haven't or won't :(. I know a lot of people who would at a reasonable price buy into a swim package in preference to using the over crowded public baths where it's an impossibility to swim 1 complete length let alone 100 without somebody either stopping you in your path or jumping into the pool right in front of you grrrrr. I'm lucky that were I stay has a full sized swim pool but the majority of towns prefer the leisure pool set up ... Urghhhh. Rant over lol .... God I miss swimming
Good luck with the gym ..exercise is always good :) xx

To be honest femfrankie, I had that for the first few days but I went on to soups etc from about day five and have never looked back. I really could do with more restriction or discomfort. I can eat anything just not huge amounts.

I did not eat anything I thought would stick to the balloon. So no cheese, bread, porraige although I was advised to try and its was fine. I had some ryvita, cucumber, tomatoes, lettuce. Lots of eggs, omelettes and scramble no fat or oil. Very lean ham, had roast beef one day. Broccoli and cauliflower. Mushrooms. No pasta rice or potatoes. Used to make hot salads so chicken with peppers tomatoes and mushrooms over salad.

Just to add femfrankie, I always found west Lothian leisure brilliant. The pool in broxburn during the week day session has lane swimming and its very quiet. They used to setup two lanes, a fast lane and slow lane. It's also really reasonable. I really miss it. We don't have similar facilities here. One of the things I really miss about the UK!

Back