• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

i feel better already loulou :) .. on last years Norway & Iceland cruise i was over 8 stone heavier hoping to make that 10st come October... greatest thing is i will be going with completely new clothes hehehe

i feel better already loulou :) .. on last years Norway & Iceland cruise i was over 8 stone heavier hoping to make that 10st come October... greatest thing is i will be going with completely new clothes hehehe

Wow amazing.. Think how more u will enjoy yourself, which cruise I doing in October?

the canaries on the independence of the seas hun

omg! what an amazin' cocidence is that!!... see you there hun :)... im the one with the crutches and frazzled hubby lol

Hey fem frankie and carol and all!!

It's Thursday and I still feel a little bit like death, have hardly kept anything down maybe water and a cuppa soup!!

But you know it's early days.... Hope it gets a bit easier!

I look about 8 months pregnant, I'm so full of wind! X

Too much information me thinks!

Hey fem frankie and carol and all!!

It's Thursday and I still feel a little bit like death, have hardly kept anything down maybe water and a cuppa soup!!

But you know it's early days.... Hope it gets a bit easier!

I look about 8 months pregnant, I'm so full of wind! X

Too much information me thinks!

All normal treacle. The bloatedness will get better over the coming days. Your stomach is trying to expel the balloon but it will give up eventually & you will not even know it is there... Apart from the restriction & burping :p. I can still burp for Britain!
You are doing well treacle :) x

Hey lovely people, after the sick and the everything else, I finally had something solid today and it's still there!
Hurray!!

Speak soon !

:)

Brilliant treacle :). You will probably have queasy times no and again for a couple of weeks yet. Just make a point of chewing well, drink loads, eat and drink slowly and stop before you get to full. Good luck :) x

Hey lovely people, after the sick and the everything else, I finally had something solid today and it's still there!
Hurray!!

Speak soon !

:)

Great to see your hanging in there!
There is not many balloons done in Ireland coz so many people have it taken out within the first ten days!!!
Your doing great. Xx

carol b :)

Thanks carol.... I'm so glad the last few days are over!! Feeling A bit better now!! When is your holiday carol?

Tilli hope you're hanging in there!!!

Frankie, I hope you're feeling we'll?

I'm all good treacles, apart from the reflux & with feeling a tad tired/headachy because of the pre op diet I'm doing just now. Getting the balloon out tomorrow afternoon so hopefully that puts an end to the reflux :fingerscrossed:

So good to hear that your balloon seems to have settled in just nicely :)

Thanks carol.... I'm so glad the last few days are over!! Feeling A bit better now!! When is your holiday carol?

Tilli hope you're hanging in there!!!

Frankie, I hope you're feeling we'll?

I'm off on Saturday! Can't wait!
Although I will be bringing a bottle of gaviscon! I'm in bits with the acid!

carol b :)

Who stole my space hopper?

Well arrived at hospital 1pm after fasting all day, did all the admission stuff and sat in my little private room and waited and waited and waited.... Didn't get taken till 5pm as I was last on schedule and they had a difficult surgery earlier.
Getting the cannula in wasn't as easy as last time :( but several attempts and bruises later they did finally get into the underside of my wrist :cry:
With the hardest bit over again I was sedated and don't remember a thing about the procedure. An hour later I was in recovery and was farting like a brass band ... Not ladylike at all!! Apparently they push air into the stomach. She did say why but ive forgotten ..I was still a bit wah wah :eek:... But the most important thing was I was burping like crazy too and there was NO REFLUX!! Not a mere hint of it Whoo hooo!!!
I was as bright as a button when taken back to my wee room. I missed dinner so didnt get my planned ice cream :cry: so just settled for a cuppa while hubby ate the biscuits!..thought thats great I'm fit as a fiddle so bound to get home shortly.... noooooo had to wait till 8:45 so didn't arrive home till 945 by which time, as you can imagine after 5 days on pre op followed by a day of fasting, I was :censored: starving!
Okay some figures ... Not counting the previous pre balloon loss of 3 and a half stone ....
With the balloon in place for exactly 6 mth I have lost a whacking 66lbs / 4st 10lbs / 30kg :D ... Not bad really:)

So it's onwards and hopefully downwards now as I recommence my preop diet and get myself organised for the big day on the 15th :D x

Well arrived at hospital 1pm after fasting all day, did all the admission stuff and sat in my little private room and waited and waited and waited.... Didn't get taken till 5pm as I was last on schedule and they had a difficult surgery earlier.
Getting the cannula in wasn't as easy as last time :( but several attempts and bruises later they did finally get into the underside of my wrist :cry:
With the hardest bit over again I was sedated and don't remember a thing about the procedure. An hour later I was in recovery and was farting like a brass band ... Not ladylike at all!! Apparently they push air into the stomach. She did say why but ive forgotten ..I was still a bit wah wah :eek:... But the most important thing was I was burping like crazy too and there was NO REFLUX!! Not a mere hint of it Whoo hooo!!!
I was as bright as a button when taken back to my wee room. I missed dinner so didnt get my planned ice cream :cry: so just settled for a cuppa while hubby ate the biscuits!..thought thats great I'm fit as a fiddle so bound to get home shortly.... noooooo had to wait till 8:45 so didn't arrive home till 945 by which time, as you can imagine after 5 days on pre op followed by a day of fasting, I was :censored: starving!
Okay some figures ... Not counting the previous pre balloon loss of 3 and a half stone ....
With the balloon in place for exactly 6 mth I have lost a whacking 66lbs / 4st 10lbs / 30kg :D ... Not bad really:)

So it's onwards and hopefully downwards now as I recommence my preop diet and get myself organised for the big day on the 15th :D x
Try bloody amazing hon. Well done!

Thank you both :) x

Hi! Have been reading through your diary - what a journey! Well done on great losses so far, and all the best with your bypass next week. I wanted to say hello as I live near to you. I am a bit of a lurker and don't post that often.

Crackers x

Back