• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

I just have to add some celebratory news myself - I just weighed myself for the first time since my initial appointment 5 1/2 weeks ago (was told to lose some weight before balloon insertion to show I was motivated) and IF my new scales are accurate and compatible with the ones at the hospital I have lost 12.5kgs. That's 27 lbs for those who don't do kgs :)

Phew!

Well done tilli!!!!!
That's fantastic! Keep up the great work xx

carol b :)

Congratulations to frankie and till!!!! Well done!!! And of course everyone else who is on this road to change!!

Can you believe it Carol and Frankie the tomorrow is my fasting day and I travel to Manchester for the balloon on Saturday at 9am!!

Can honestly say I'm terrified!!!!! Not sure why I'm more terrified, the more I worry about it! I've not slept for about a week!! Back in England and its very strange.
I want to tell my best friend, but I'm A bit scared of their reactions. Maybe I should...

What are your thoughts?? X

Wow!!! All ready!
Think positive thoughts!!! You will be just fine.
We have all been there and will be here when ur done ?
I told two friends. None of my sisters!!! My mother and husband know and that's it. I'm extremely close to my sisters but they have been quite jealous about me loosing my first 5 stone so I didn't bother telling them coz they would have treated me like I took the easy out!!!
Wich by the way if anyone knows an easy way...... I would be delighted to hear lol!!!!!!!! Wishfull thinking!
Broken toe so no running for me still! Itching to get back out! I need a good kick up the arse and a huge gulp of will power ?

.......I want to tell my best friend, but I'm A bit scared of their reactions. Maybe I should...

What are your thoughts?? X
Forgot to add my wee bit here

Who to tell and who not to tell is something only you can decide hun. I went from not wanting anyone to know apart from hubby to telling close family members and two of my closest friends. It was hubby that changed my mind on this. He pointed out it would have very hard to explain it away as we are a close knit & very nosey family lol.
My two friends are cancer survivors, one lost her husband recently to cancer so to have them watch me lose weight as drastically as I have done would have set alarm bells ringing.
We have no control over their reactions either but ultimately this is a decision we can only make on our own and its usually for the sake of our own health. My middle son is very indifferent to my journey. He is the last person I have informed of my pending bypass today and his reaction, unsurprisingly, was still rather cool... But that's just tough son. Everybody else has mostly been extremely supportive.

Good luck treacles :) x

Hi hi hi I'm back!!! Feel a bit like death, but ok!

Wasn't has bad as I'd thought.... But the cramps on Sunday and today were difficult.

I've been sick every hour or so Saturday.... But now Bout every 5 hours.

I've got a photo of the balloon!! How funny!! It looks like an alien baby!! So I'm going to call him George..... To keep in with the current trend!!

Speak soon.... The bathroom calls!!!

Thanks for keeping in touch xx

Wasn't has bad as I'd thought.... But the cramps on Sunday and today were difficult.

I've got a photo of the balloon!! How funny!! It looks like an alien baby!! So I'm going to call him George..... To keep in with the current trend!!

Hi ya
Glad to hear ur doing better ?
Hope every day gets easier for u xx

Haha I love that - George.

Congrats treacle. Not that I had any doubts but I am so happy all went well. Had a good laugh about the picture of George hehehe

Remember to keep up the fluids hun especially as you are still being sick. A few more days and you will hopefully be as right as rain :) x

Date confirmed for removal of the balloon on Tuesday 6th August whoo hoo.

I'm off on a cruise in less than three weeks!!!

Broke my toe last week so can't go running or walking, can't get my runners on!!!!
But I've swapped to kettle bell workouts! Feels good! Tummy a tightening up!!!
Hope I keep going at them!
I haven't weighed myself in over three weeks!
Don't think I've lost anything but that's a big thing that I haven't weighed in!!!!! I was doing it daily!!!
I am looking forward to weighing in soon ?
I don't have a scales where I am right now!!!
Any way! Time for a workout xx

Oooh cruises were u off?

Lovely!!! Another marker for u!
You all set for it?

As ready as i'll ever be .. Just trying to organise my tablets with GP so that they are in liquid form by the 15th urghhh. He is not the quickest person on earth so need to be sure he is on the ball with this lol

Have a great cruise hun ... We are hoping to do a Disney one when our grand daughter is a bitty older :)

I'm not jealous of all you going on cruises

Nope, repeating it isn't working. I'm REALLY jealous of you all. :cry: :D

But despite that, hope you all have fabulous times xx

awww im so sorry Sue. To be honest this one is proving to be a bit of 'mare and not sure if I will be even be ready at 7 weeks post bypass. The food i dont think will be an issue as there is so much choice and lots that can be "mushed down" Its the liquid part that is going to be hard and errmmm lets just say expensive 12 xlitre bottles of evian is £31 and going to need at least 2 of those. Hubby cant get the alcohol package because the 2 of you have to buy it and at £400 each .. no i dont think so lol. So looking forward to it though :)

I feel similar for my cruise in 9 weeks time, I am not gonna get my money's worth... But I tell u what, for me is it a massive relief that I will be able to enjoy other aspects of my holiday and not just the food... I no that my main focus would of been "what can I eat next" feeling bad at the end of everyday because of my greed and feeling myself grow and grow.. To then plunge into utter depression on my return with the weight gain.. And then the dreaded diet cycle start agin..
At least now I can go and by then hopefully be a size 10/12 enjoy the small amounts that I eat, actually take park in the exercises at the pool, feel great in my clothes and not be completely focused on god damn food.. Just on my kids and fun.!
And hopefully 7 weeks post op u will feel great too, u may of lost another stone or two by then.. And for the first time actually loose weight whilst on holiday.. It's a win win.. X

Back