• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Countdown to Balloon Launch

Hi! Have been reading through your diary - what a journey! Well done on great losses so far, and all the best with your bypass next week. I wanted to say hello as I live near to you. I am a bit of a lurker and don't post that often.

Crackers x

Awww thank you so much for that crackers :). Not wanting to pry too much but whereabouts in West Lothian are you? Xx

Just down the road lol in Grangemouth!!

In my excitement forgot to add well done on your loss too. You have done amazing also :)

That's fantastic crackles & good luck with that too :). Im both excited and daunted by the prospect but have no intentions of backing out now. It's by far the best option for me x

I guess because you've had the balloon you have an idea what to expect, but I reckon with all bariatric procedures the first 2 weeks are the worst and you think 'why' but then as the weight drops off and the compliments flow it is worth it.

Take care and try not to worry.

Thank you :) & fingers crossed that is exactly what happens ! x

Well done femfrankie!!! That's fantastic news! You done great!
I'm delighted for u!
I'm just getting sorted and cleaning for the holidays!
This time tomorrow I will be in Barcelona stepping on to a Disney cruise!!!! Yay!!!!
Unfortunately!!!!!!! I have put on a half stone!!!! Oooppppsss!!!!
That reduces my loss from 7 stone back down to 6 and a half!!!!
But I do that! Loose a lot and gain a bit before I give myself a good oul kick up the arse to loose a heap more ?
So I'm ok with it coz I know this time next week I will be completely giving myself the heave hoo and getting my arse in gear to get the next two and a half stone off, which will bring me to a healthy bmi!
So I'm two sheets to the wind and I will be back in full force in ten days xxxx

carol b :)

Have a great cruise CB4.. cant see you losing those extra pounds whilst you are on it though darn food is everywhere on a cruise :eek: but theres lots of healthy choices too ;) xx

Well I'm back and the runners didn't come out of the bag once ?
Tomorrow I will be on super detox and racing to get going!!!!!!
Weathers pritty crap here in Dublin but I'm not willing to give up on the holiday just yet!
Heading off to Wexford for a few nights before getting back into the swing of things at home!
Hope everyone's doing well xx

I'm good treacles just got back home tonight. I am absolutely shattered so its straight to bed for me and hopefully I get a good sleep

Get those running shoes on CB 4 :) how was your Disney cruise?

Hi ladies and all,

Carol, how are you when do you get your balloon out?

I've had mine in 3 weeks today!!!can you believe it!!! At the moment I've lost about 17 lbs.... Which is unreal..... But I am prepared that this will slooooowwww!!!
I am over the majority of the sick, but the pain can still be quite uncomfortable as you all said, especially at night.

Still look a bit pregnant, when I eat I swell up!! The smell of food makes me very nauseous!! Which can only be a good thing!!!

TILLI sorry.... My phone is dead .... Hope you don't think I've forgotten about you!!!

Frankie.... So proud of your work!!

Well done to everyone, I look forward to hearing how EVERYONE is doing.

This site is amazing support. X

Hi all ?

I'm grand! Toe is still not fully healed so no running for another week or two!
I so want to go to a spin class!!!!!!! I new to get burning some calories :)
My balloon was to come out last week but I was away! Have no date to get it removed just yet. Fingers crossed I will get another stone off before I have it removed.
Day 1 has not been so easy!!!
Water and lemon! Peppermint tea. Porridge! Gluten free and dairy free lunch! Done fab until about 3pm!!!!!
Will try harder tomorrow!
I need a major confidence boost! Or a kick up the arse!!!!

Good evening all,

I've not been on here for a bit as I thought I'd not get my balloon done. Little support at home and fear of things going wrong. Then out of the blue got offered a date and him in doors has said go for it. Now that I've picked my jaw of the floor I am excited, apprehensive and worried all rolled into one.
It has been wonderful reading your experiences and boy you have all done so well
I am booked in for the end of October so fingers crossed I will be striving towards my goal. Looking forward to a slimmer healthier me come Christmas.
Hope you don't mind me gate crashing your thread
K x

Good evening all,

I've not been on here for a bit as I thought I'd not get my balloon done. Little support at home and fear of things going wrong. Then out of the blue got offered a date and him in doors has said go for it. Now that I've picked my jaw of the floor I am excited, apprehensive and worried all rolled into one.
It has been wonderful reading your experiences and boy you have all done so well
I am booked in for the end of October so fingers crossed I will be striving towards my goal. Looking forward to a slimmer healthier me come Christmas.
K x

That's great to hear!!!!
Delighted for u!!
Not too long to wait. Keep positive thinking and you will be grand xx

Good evening all,

K x

I may have started the thread but I did it so other ballooners could join in and share their experience on the ups and downs of WLS with a balloon. All are welcome to jump in here at any point :)... I am so pleased that your other half has given his blessing on this at last kismet :D... That's such a major step :).. Fantastic

Okay first things first... I will repeat this till I'm blue in the face but I feel it is important that I do...
It's a tool and it can be very effective if you stick rigidly to the rules. Stray from them and it can quite quickly all go pear shaped. Your appointment is the end of October so it would be a good idea to get your head in the right place fairly soon...The sooner the better to be honest. It may not be an invasive surgery but it is not the easiest form of WLS either
1 /you can easily cheat it.. not recomended of course but if you dare to do it too often you WILL stretch Your stomach and all is lost when the resistance goes.
2/You may be the very rare lucky one that doesn't but you will feel ill for at least a week after insertion and you may be one of the few unlucky ones where it never really settles. You need to be pepared for this as the sickness can go on for a few weeks ..I'm 4 days post bypass surgery today and if I compare it with how I felt at 4days post balloon I have to say my bypass experience so far been so much better. I felt positively ill in the first two weeks after the balloon and to top it all I had issues with reflux for the remaining 6months but that was something I could work with. The majority of ballooners do not get it. I was just one of the unfortunate ones. But you need to be aware that it may not be all plain sailing ;)
Get over those initial weeks stick to the rules stringently and it will work for you... I lost 5stone with the balloon alone. It was by no means easy but it did work well for the first 5months. My restriction started to go in the last month but there was just a little left to get me through the final month but by then my head was also well and truly in the right place.

I'm not trying to put you off ..far from it I just feel its important to lay out the pitfalls well in advance so that you can be as prepared as much as possible.
Good luck kismet .. I am truly excited for you :) xx

Carol b thank you for your kind words

Femfrankie your advice is much appreciated. thank you for taking the time to reply. I know this is not going to be an easy option or quick fix. I have several weeks on working to get my head in a good place and prepare for this new adventure! I am determined to make this tool work no matter what it throws my way.
I will keep you all posted and share my experience with the next batch of ballooners
Kx

Carol b thank you for your kind words

Femfrankie your advice is much appreciated. thank you for taking the time to reply. I know this is not going to be an easy option or quick fix. I have several weeks on working to get my head in a good place and prepare for this new adventure! I am determined to make this tool work no matter what it throws my way.
I will keep you all posted and share my experience with the next batch of ballooners
Kx

Can't wait for your posts kismet and it isn't too far away really. So glad too that you recognise the head thing as that is half the battle. People my end that were in the know about my surgery couldn't get their head around not being able to fill up on healthy veg/fruit part because with the ballon you just cant. In fact you literally have to "almost" eat like a long term bypasser would. If I felt hungry out of meal/snack time i would sip away at drinks as this way it sated the pangs but didn't stretch the stomach. To prepare myself I stuck to portion control, eating off a small side plate that consisted mostly of lean protein, slightly less veg matter, and as little carb as poss 2 small potatoes was the limit I set myself and I denied myself bread 5 days a week & only one slice on the other two ... That was/is hard as I love home made bread and once I had the balloon I denied myself almost entirely ..occasionally I did have some but felt that I craved more over the rest of the day :( .. To get round it I would eat it later on in the evening and treated it as a snack .. That way I slept through any cravings if I had any :eek: .... This is the plan that worked for me but you may find something that suits you better ;)... Oh forgot to say chew chew chewing the food is good too and it's something you should start practising now as come balloon time you will need to ;).

Good luck :) x

Last edited:
Back