• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Death by shame!

Miss hungry

7 stone lighter!
I thought I would share a couple of moments in my life that have been excruciating!
I'm sure I'm not the only one. So here goes......
It was my brother-in-laws funeral wake at a pub in Devon. I thought I looked ok, was far too concerned about other things anyway.
There was a group of us younger people sat chatting when a drunken uncle of my brother-in-laws came over to us and insisted on buying us all drinks. He asked everyone what they wanted and then he looked at me and said "well, I don't think you need a double, you are big enough already".
Everyone gasped and it was deathly silent for about 5 long seconds and then a lovely friend of a friend told the drunken uncle how rude he was, then had the drunken uncle trying to cuddle me to say sorry!
I wanted to DIE!!! He drew everyones attention to how fat I looked. It was AWFUL>
Next moment....my partner and boys and me went to Weston super mare for the day. It was a really hot day. I was at my all time heaviest of 19stone 9lbs, but was unaware of quite how big I was.
We were on the pier, my man was on the fruit machines (boring) so I asked my son if he wanted to go the ghost train with me. There was a tiny little turnstyle, my son went through first and climbed on the train and then I atempted to go through........I then realised that there wasn't a hope in hell of me fitting through.
I then had to tell the spotty youth who was taking the money that I couldnt fit though, hoping there he would show me another way through, but he just smirked at me.
I called to Dan to come over and ride on the train with my son, quickly, but he wouldn't because he was in the middle of a game (could of beeping killed him) so I had to tell me son to get off.
I was beet red and so angry!
When we got the photo's back from that day, they were AWFUL. I was HUGE!!! The next day joined slimming world and lost 3 and a half stone. (didn't last though!)
Please share some shameful stories with me!
xxx

I was at Blackpool last year and was very worried about whether I would fit on the rides. I just about managed on all of them until we got to the one which shoots you up in the air like on an outside lift. Anyway I sat in the seat and the guy came to buckle me up. Would it fit? Would it hell. I said ''oh not to worry i'll get off'', but he insisted on trying to force the lock together and even roped in the help of his mate. I was mortified and everyone could see what was happening. Eventually I persuaded them to just let me get off and I hid round the corner til my friends finished. They got a really great photo of them on the ride and it has a very obvious empty seat in the middle of them.

My second story of shame (there are so many) was when I got on the bus. Gradually it filled up until the only spare seat was next to me. An old bloke got on and said in a very loud voice ''Is there room for a little bum next to your very big one?'' Why do pensioners think they can get away with being so rude.

Then of course there are the numerous times when people shout 'fatty' at me from their cars. Or the groups of young lads who push one of their friends into me and shout ''she's yours''. And of course we're supposed to just laugh it off aren't we?

my biggest shame would be when i was shopping for my neice,s birthday pressie. she had asked me to buy her atop she had seen in topshop. when i went in i could see 2 super slim girls standing watching me. at the top of her voice one of the girls shouted across we dont do your size i this shop. i could of cried. now i wont go into clothes shops, buy online.

mazbrad that's disgusting. You should have took their names and complained. Mine was a camel ride on holiday. I knew I wouldn't fit on, so said I didn't want to go. The tour guide insisted I get on and said it would be fine, so I tried. I got one leg on and the owner of the camel started shouting at the guide (I presume saying what are you doing - she'll kill the bloody camel) lol.

Anyway as I got half on (but could see I wasn't going to fit so started getting off), the camel got up, and I fell right to the floor. Everyone else was already on their camels and were sat watching. It hurt my back, but I just got up and wandered off.

If there's any doubt at all now about whether or not I'll fit, I avoid it to stay on the safe side lol. I do get the usual people not sitting next to me on trains etc, but I don't mind that. more space for me. lol

I've got loads, but I'm too humiliated to write most of them down.

But one of the deciding factors was last years flight to Majorca, I had to ask for an seat belt extension on both journeys, and fought tears for the remainder of both flights :(

Thanks for sharing the shame! lol. Funny but awful!
Yorkiegal...omg what a cringy story, I agree about pensioners, they should keep their blooming mouths shut!

Mazbrad....that's terrible. If I go into a skinny girl shop I always imagine that the shop assistants are thinking that, but to actually say it aloud? Awful!

Undecided....V.embarracing but funny lol
xxx

I was worried about the last flight I went on. Strangely didnt even consider it at first. I didnt need the extender (and didnt know they even existed). But only JUST !

OOooh i got one:

Was a few months back i was getting a laptop picked up for repair. I was wearing a flowy top but my tummy is my worst bit and it kinda highlighted it ....i didnt think it was that bad....

anyways the guy filled in the forms and then as he was leaving said, 'u aint fat are ya love.... so how long u got till its due'! i was like...errm...no im not preg! i then told him i had a little un and she was asleep upstairs (a yr old so no need for big tum!) and he's like oh yeah i can see from the dark circles under ur eyes u aint getting sleep.

Spade anyone?!

I was wanting him to leave so doing the pleasent smile and laugh along but inside wanting to cry! he then felt like he had to apologise by trying to give me a pity hug! nooooooooooooo!!

was not pleasent or fun!

Omg uv all just made me cry, 3 wks post op so blaming my emotions on that, it's horrible isn't it to b honest iv not had many embarrassing situations from my weight apart from the one which is the reason I went for surgery I went to a place called twin lakes with my family not long after having my baby I decided to go on the pirate ship with my little boy we was sat there all riders aboard the man said lift ur arms for the bars coming down so we all was but they wasn't locking so he was looking wat the problem was he couldn't see anything so carried on pressing the button to lock the bars but it still wouldn't lock I them realized it was my mid drift in the way so I politely said I think it's me I had to breathe in it did do up then but wasn't comfortable the nxt day I went to my gp about surgery!!! Wasn't nice at all xx

Laura b said:
Omg uv all just made me cry, 3 wks post op so blaming my emotions on that, it's horrible isn't it to b honest iv not had many embarrassing situations from my weight apart from the one which is the reason I went for surgery I went to a place called twin lakes with my family not long after having my baby I decided to go on the pirate ship with my little boy we was sat there all riders aboard the man said lift ur arms for the bars coming down so we all was but they wasn't locking so he was looking wat the problem was he couldn't see anything so carried on pressing the button to lock the bars but it still wouldn't lock I them realized it was my mid drift in the way so I politely said I think it's me I had to breathe in it did do up then but wasn't comfortable the nxt day I went to my gp about surgery!!! Wasn't nice at all xx

You must be in my neck of the woods Laura also go twin lakes, just remembering the horse ride there & how it complained under my weight lol x

I didn't dare try anything else after that :-( I live in Coleshill Hun in north warwickshire it was a good drive but it's great looking forward to going bk maybe nxt yr xx

Laura b said:
I didn't dare try anything else after that :-( I live in Coleshill Hun in north warwickshire it was a good drive but it's great looking forward to going bk maybe nxt yr xx

I'm Northampton way, it is good there kids love it x

I work with children under 5 and when showing a new child and Mum around, the child asked how I grew so big !
xxx

I've had a few and obviously as a "pre-op" I'm sure I'll get a few more before my surgery. They all hurt of course, especially when you look in the mirror and think "well I don't look too bad today!" Thinking about the many holidays where I see the disappointment in my kids faces when I won't go on the rides with them, obviously telling them I feel sick/tired/dizzy/scared etc etc when really I am panicing the seat belt/bar won't fit or the bloody thing will collapse when I step on it!! Remembering my son telling me (quite innocently of course) that my tummy looked like I had a tyre under my top and the worse one which was the only one that made me cry is...

Collecting my daughter (8 years old) and two friends from school, one of whom is quite outspoken, we walk back to the car and one of the girls says " Wendy guess what T..N (not putting full name to protect the guilty!!!) said to me today?" So I of course say "What did he say!" To which she replied "He said that Bethany's mum is fat!" (That's me of course) "That's not very nice is it" To which I replied "No, it's not darling, (and to my shame I replied) and you can tell him he's not a nice little boy!!"

Sorry for the longwinded answer, but this is what pushed me over the edge that one of my daughters friends has said that, now I hate doing the school run and can't wait for surgery!!

i remember a few years back when i was running well kind of up the stairs at home and my boy who must have been about 7 said mum look your back wobbles wouldnt you have thought that should have been enough to make a change but no i put on more than 5 st since then wish it had sunk in and i had done something then. plus ive just came back from hols 3 wk ago and had to get the extender mortified wasnt the word

Being asked 'have u not had him yet?' then realising he was in the shopping trolley & not a new born!!! X

mazbrad that's disgusting. You should have took their names and complained. Mine was a camel ride on holiday. I knew I wouldn't fit on, so said I didn't want to go. The tour guide insisted I get on and said it would be fine, so I tried. I got one leg on and the owner of the camel started shouting at the guide (I presume saying what are you doing - she'll kill the bloody camel) lol.

Anyway as I got half on (but could see I wasn't going to fit so started getting off), the camel got up, and I fell right to the floor. Everyone else was already on their camels and were sat watching. It hurt my back, but I just got up and wandered off.

Unfortunately, I DID fit in the camel seat - god knows how! and we now have photographic and video evidence to prove it. My husband made some comment that they'd have to put quite a lot of breezeblocks on his side to even us up - he was a bit disapointed that they only used two (I said "well, just shows YOU must be heavier than you look!" that shut him up.) The worst bit was watching the video afterwards with everyone else on the tour - I was wearing white cut off leggings and a cerise pink top - with a face to match! No doubt you can imagine the sniggers when I appeared on screen..... :cry:

oh yes, I've had the pregancy one too...

While setting up a disco a man came over and said that his daughter was "like me" ????huh???? "she's due in December" Ah, said I as the penny dropped! I said that I wasnt pregnant, just very fat - but he still proceeded to feel my belly!

my biggest shame would be when i was shopping for my neice,s birthday pressie. she had asked me to buy her atop she had seen in topshop. when i went in i could see 2 super slim girls standing watching me. at the top of her voice one of the girls shouted across we dont do your size i this shop. i could of cried. now i wont go into clothes shops, buy online.

I once had this in Top shop and also in Asda both times from staff x

Back