• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Death by shame!

This is a great thread.. We've probs all experienced some of these put downs. I've got a few but I'll start with this one.

Years ago when I was just over an acceptable size; I went to pick up my little girl from my parents house. It was a lovely warm day and they had been sitting outside. As I walked towards them I noticed my mother was sitting on a new reclining chair. Admiring them, I went to sit in the empty chair to which my mother started saying...."Don't sit there - they're only for normal people"

I still haven't forgotten it, I was really hurt and just gathered up the bairn and left. :-(

She wouldn't get away with saying anything like that now!!

omg your own mother said that? that must have been so hurtful :( i'd cry :(

car park

my story was this... it was a gorgeous summers morning and i decided to go to the laura ashley's sale. so i parked my car in the car park and fiddled with my change pot. i didnt have the right change and someone else was parking at the same time. so i went upto him (quite good looking, i my add) and asked if he had any, he said no. at that point i noticed a man standing at his car door, waiting for his wife. i went upto him to ask if he had any change and bingo! he did. as i thanked him and began walking away, he thought he would also add, you know you can get your parking for free. i said how? well why dont you apply for a disability badge on the condition of your, you know... your weight. you can do that you know! how bloody dare he. i wanted to smash his lights in:eek::eek::eek:. and the worst thing about it, i think he was genuine. he was ever so nice to me and VERY helpful, by telling me what channels i should approach the council!!:eek:

no disrepect to any disabled persons on here. x

Last edited:
omg i'd have cried :(

I've had a few deathly embarrassing moments, Once the fair ride wouldn't fasten, seats at a concert were far too narrow so I had to sit forward all night, but the changing moment for me was when my 6yr old daughter came home from school. She's very timid and I worry about other kids saying things to her (she's not overweight and very pretty, but shy). This other girl at school had been saying things to her over a couple of days, but the school were being a bit lenient with her as she had found her mother after she committed suicide. Anyway, I was asking my daughter about it and trying to say this other girl is having a sad time, and maybe she's jealous of my girl's beauty, etc. She told me this girl had said 'Your Mam's so big, fat and round...' My daughter said to me 'I haven't to tell lies, so I just said I know, but your Mam is dead!' .....
I ended our conversation there because I know it was wrong for her to say this, but it was a huge step in building her confidence, I didn't want to knock it. That was 10 weeks ago, and that's when I started my new lifestyle and have lost 33lbs since that day!

Back