• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well I took the bul by the horns

BlueDiamond

Hiya People

I thought I would take the bull by the horns today and see how my pct stands in as far as plastics after weight loss surgery.

He (my gp) wasnt 100% sure about where the pct stands with regards to funding for plastics, but he did say he is quite sure that a short while ago ( 8 weeks ago) all funding for plastics in Essex was withdrawn, he did say that he would look into it for me and if there was a way through the system possible for me then he would happily refer me, I know this wasn't the ideal solution ( funding withdrawn) but just the fact he is willing to refer me anyway made all the difference to me, I showed him my over hang and he said there is quite a significant overhang and if he can help in anyway then he would, even though the outcome wasn't what I wanted I still managed to walk out of the gp surgery with a big smile on my face knowing I have his and my surgeons support, who knows maybe I could go through the exceptional circumstances route with my over hang/infections/sores/how it effects me personally etc - All I can say is watch this space - :p - Thanks in advance for reading - Julie xxx

Good luck with your progress and fingers X'd the powers that be say Yeah.

You have done so well in just a year I bet you feel like a different person ! We'll have to watch this space with crossed fingers for you. Bloody hard to type though...

Hi Julie

Good luck with the referral. The more I read and hear about things it sounds like nowt is set in stone. For example, my PCT (East Sussex - though I am still an Essex girl at heart!) states it doesn't fund plastics but at my Group Education session the lady leading it said that they will often refer patients for plastics 18 months or so down the line and find their recommendations carry quite a bit of weight (methinks there's a bariatric joke in there somewhere!)

Anyway, good luck xx

Good luck mejulie xx

good luck

Good Luck Julie, I will keep my fingers crossed for you too xx

Good Luck, I hope you get the plastics, you really deserve it you have done so well, Karen x

Back