• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Debbie hopefully will loose weight

Debbie1978

I am 34 years old just had my third and last child eleven weeks ago.I now weigh 13st 3 been on slimming world since Oct and lost two and a half stone but that does include my 7lb baby and placenta.a year ago I was still a stone lighter after being on diet chef.I have stopped the slimming world for now as had the band fitted last Friday 22/03/13.suffered for three days with really bad wind pain.still have no voice at day five post op caused from the general anesthetic.really hoping this is not a permanent problem as it's starting to worry me now.the reason I have chose to have the band is because I don't want to spend the rest of my life having a yoyo weight problem, as it worries me that when I go back to work I will be in the biscuit tin all the time and the weight will all go back on.so hopefully this band will work and I would like to get down to nine stone.that's it from me for now.I think this site is great and can learn so much from it

Hi Debbie :) Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear you've had some pain and voice loss but its still early days so hopefully things will soon settle down for you. Best of luck on your weight loss journey. I'm sure you'll get there :) x x

Best of luck Debbie...

Would probably still be good idea though to find a coping strategy for when the biscuit tin is around ... Biscuits generally slide through the band :rolleyes:

Anyway, we are here to guide you on your journey and look forward to seeing you drop those pounds :)

Well I did hope by having the band.the temptation at work from being hungry and eating the biscuits would stop.please don't say I will still be getting hungry at work.thanks all for the interest

Hiya! Welcome to the site. Im two days behind you. I dont have a sore throat but I am coughing up lots of clear flem. I am however still tired and have wind pain (kudos to you feeling like that with a newborn). Windeze is a godsend im eating them like they are going out of fashion. Xxx

Thank you! Update: I just had a poop. It was entirely liquid, fluorescent yellow, and totally stank. However was not accompanied by the normal bad belly cramps or pains etc. Tmi. Enjoy your breakfasts lol. Xxx

If you was same day post op as me, I would of said that maybe an overflow of constipation as had that after my c section and then two days later the hospital checked me and I was bunged up

Well I did hope by having the band.the temptation at work from being hungry and eating the biscuits would stop.please don't say I will still be getting hungry at work.thanks all for the interest

Debbie, the band will not stop the temptation, neither will it stop the ability to eat whatever food you wish. Some people find some foods they cannot tolerate, but things such as biscuits, chocolate etc are "slider" foods and pass through the band easily and quickly. I'm now 7 months into the band, and I had no restriction until my 4th fill a few weeks ago, before that point I could eat anything I wanted in any amount, although it was my own choice and will power not to even if feeling hungry. To be honest, I felt hungry a great deal as I was on a reduced calorie diet but not having any restriction . . .so the band doesn't always get rid of those "hunger" feelings especially while you're working to find a level of restriction. Im at a point currently where I find that I don't feel hungry for about 5-6 hours after eating, whereas even during the early months of my band, I would eat and still feel hungry.

So, the band will not stop the temptation. It won't automatically stop the hungry feelings and it won't stop you putting whatever "bad" food in to you - only you can do that.

One thing I am slowly learning to do with my band is to try to look at foods in a way where I don't see one as "bad" or "good" and I also try to allow myself a "treat" of some sort each day. It can be hard if you're used to hitting the biscuits (I could never just have one!) but during this time and the focus, I do have a biscuit occasionally, but don't have the feeling like I used to of not being able to stop.

It can take a lot for our heads to catch up with this, and some people have thoughts that a band will stop us eating, that it takes away the hunger, that it means we won't reach for sweets, or chocolate, or all the foods which were our downfall before. unfortunately, it isn't that simple and isn't that easy for us . . .it takes a lot of work, a large amount of willpower and control over what we put in our mouths and eat. And it is strange if you find that the band is tight etc that it is the not so good for us foods, which go down the easiest . . .but then makes us say the band isn't working . . .it is as its tool, its us not working with it that is the problem.

I don't a have a problem with eating bad foods or biscuits at home.it's just when at work as I go five to six hours without an official break and when I see the biscuits on the tea trolley and I am so hungry,that's what I reach for just to fill a hole as not allowed our own food yet.so I am hoping if I have something at home before work I can last until it's my break time

God I am feeling hungry all the time, counting down to my first 1.5.ml refill on 29th that will make 5.5.mls in there.I know that won't make much difference but at least then I can start counting down to the one after and so on

Back