• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saying Goodbye to the Booty - Band Edition

Three Weeks Post-Op

Have a few mini-milestones

- My stitches in my belly button fell off. I didn't know it was going to happen so after initial terror I became a fascinated naval gazer.

- I can now walk up stairs normally, instead of the one-step shuffle. I was in danger of having a hulk like right thigh as it was doing all the work.

- I have removed the beanbag that was propping me up at night, from my bed. Now I just have 4 pillows.

- I have made it to season 4 of Angel. :-D

- I held my sisters burger king meal as she drove and ate and I wasn't tempted even to get a milkshake (although toothache probably helped as I couldn't chew if i wanted to lol).

- First pills (antibiotics) since being banded. Called the nurse to say will the pill be ok. She said it should slip right through. And there's me worried I don't puree my soup enough.

Three Weeks Post-Op Have a few mini-milestones - My stitches in my belly button fell off. I didn't know it was going to happen so after initial terror I became a fascinated naval gazer. - I can now walk up stairs normally, instead of the one-step shuffle. I was in danger of having a hulk like right thigh as it was doing all the work. - I have removed the beanbag that was propping me up at night, from my bed. Now I just have 4 pillows. - I have made it to season 4 of Angel. :-D - I held my sisters burger king meal as she drove and ate and I wasn't tempted even to get a milkshake (although toothache probably helped as I couldn't chew if i wanted to lol). - First pills (antibiotics) since being banded. Called the nurse to say will the pill be ok. She said it should slip right through. And there's me worried I don't puree my soup enough.

Yeah Mo!!! Great milestones!!! It's things like that..they keep us going!! :) xx

All quiet on the Western front.
Not much. To report.
I have my show next week, so from today I will be upping my output by a lot.
Rehearse rehearse and again and again until you get it right. :0)
London peeps it's the adam street singers look us up.

Week 5 still alive
I've lost 2 1/2 stone now give or take my hair extensions lol
I'm a quarter of the way there WOOH sigh!
I know I won't get excited until I've hit the halfway mark 5 stone as I will then be on the downward slope.

My mum already says my face is thin and a friend at work said I have a very slender neck, I'm just getting started lol

I have been having some port pain when I lean forward which takes my breath away and is very inconvenient.
But I've got to suck it up and dance.
I read that some port pain is expected (scar tissue etc) so I'm not panicking.
I just prey that my port doesn't flip or move as I don't want to go anywhere near a scalpel for a while ;0)

Only a week and a half until I can start exercising again. Bring on the Pilates

Great to hear from you Mo

Great weight loss :)

My port is at waist level and it is often tender in tight clothes or when I'm active. I was at Aqua fit with Sharon yesterday ...a lot of jumping up and down. I stopped at one point and told her I was concerned about the pain in my port. Like you I am frightened it gets damaged, or dislodges the pipe. My surgeon told me this was one of the more usual complications of the band the pipe coming away from the port itself ..but easy to sort out

I am thinking of wearing something very tight round my middle like a big tight panty girdle or something

Good luck with the show. Post pictures for us. Xx

All quiet on the Western front. Not much. To report. I have my show next week, so from today I will be upping my output by a lot. Rehearse rehearse and again and again until you get it right. :0) London peeps it's the adam street singers look us up. Week 5 still alive I've lost 2 1/2 stone now give or take my hair extensions lol I'm a quarter of the way there WOOH sigh! I know I won't get excited until I've hit the halfway mark 5 stone as I will then be on the downward slope. My mum already says my face is thin and a friend at work said I have a very slender neck, I'm just getting started lol I have been having some port pain when I lean forward which takes my breath away and is very inconvenient. But I've got to suck it up and dance. I read that some port pain is expected (scar tissue etc) so I'm not panicking. I just prey that my port doesn't flip or move as I don't want to go anywhere near a scalpel for a while ;0) Only a week and a half until I can start exercising again. Bring on the Pilates

This is brilliant.

No PM me details ... I wanna come see your show, whilst I can still get into London free! Lol... I'm down in London on 12th so be great to see the show

Your doing fab ... Truely inspirational and all the Excercise you do! Wow!!!! So impressed you will do it faster than I did and you prob won't be as saggy as me! Lo xx well done hick xxx

Congrats on the loss hunni wtg and great nsv too :) as for the port .... mine was terribly uncomfortable a couple of stones down, even walking i could feel it rubbing.... mines down nearer my belly button... i even got nurse to check it was ok but its gone again now...... its odd, sometime i can feel it then not, sometimes it sticks out then not so its a moving problem which comes and goes lol gl on the rehearsals and the show of course x x xx

Congrats on the loss hunni wtg and great nsv too :) as for the port .... mine was terribly uncomfortable a couple of stones down, even walking i could feel it rubbing.... mines down nearer my belly button... i even got nurse to check it was ok but its gone again now...... its odd, sometime i can feel it then not, sometimes it sticks out then not so its a moving problem which comes and goes lol gl on the rehearsals and the show of course x x xx

Nsv that was a new one to me. Thank goodness for the urban dictionary :-D
Thank you

Great to hear from you Mo

Great weight loss :)

My port is at waist level and it is often tender in tight clothes or when I'm active. I was at Aqua fit with Sharon yesterday ...a lot of jumping up and down. I stopped at one point and told her I was concerned about the pain in my port. Like you I am frightened it gets damaged, or dislodges the pipe. My surgeon told me this was one of the more usual complications of the band the pipe coming away from the port itself ..but easy to sort out

I am thinking of wearing something very tight round my middle like a big tight panty girdle or something

Good luck with the show. Post pictures for us. Xx

Love that you and Sharon hang out and support eachother.
Got loads of big pants so hopefully getting good support.
Note to self pinging the elastic is not a good idea. It smarts something rotten lol whoops

Today is a big day.
I officially have 100 lbs until I reach my goal.
I like a good round numbered countdown so here goes.
I also have 25 lbs until I'm in Onederland (under 200 lbs - biggest loser anyone??)
So I will be looking forward to that mile stone
:0)

Today is a big day. I officially have 100 lbs until I reach my goal. I like a good round numbered countdown so here goes. I also have 25 lbs until I'm in Onederland (under 200 lbs - biggest loser anyone??) So I will be looking forward to that mile stone :0)

Yep... Biggest loser! Gotta love it.

That's great targets. Just see your nearly at 3st bracket too! Schmazing chick! Well done!

You will be there in no time! ESP with the shoes coming up xxxx

Hey Gang

Sorry I have been absent. I had my show and suffered through a stall which threatened to break me (oh the drama) but here's what's been happening.

I'm in Week 7 PO wooh

I've lost 3 stone since I joined the forum today I finally cracked through the barrier and I'm so relieved.

On Friday I went for my first fill. Dr Ashton was very impressed with me. He said I had had the best weight loss of the day. The competitive side of me puffed up a little at that. The fact that I hadn't lost any weight in a week was not lost on me though.

I was a bit nervous but my port hadn't flipped (yay) and it all seemed to go like the text books.

I'm back on the fluids for a couple of days but I've been in the recording studio with one of my choirs this weekend so I've bearly had time or inclination to miss solids (so far)

Re: Pain. I felt some twinges and discomfort during my rehearsals but week six hit and magically I feel great. I started exercising gently and I don't want to push it but I'm excited to progress.

So I fancy a guy at work. Everyone on here seems to be in relationships but I'm am more often single than not so I'm jealous you have OH's to complain about lol.
I'm hoping to "make my move" in the jubilation of the Christmas party season.
Sigh we'll see.

Oh and slightly bad news I have iron deficient anaemia. I've always been a bit anaemic but I think the change in diet has tipped me over the edge. I'm seeing the Dr next week but I've read up on it and as long as I don't get Pica (eating non-edible objects) I'm not worried.

Anyway I'm catching up on everyone so I will say hi on your boards.
Phew...oh and a pic of me in the show and dressing room will be posted :0)

Oh and slightly bad news I have iron deficient anaemia. I've always been a bit anaemic but I think the change in diet has tipped

me over the edge. I'm seeing the Dr next week but I've read up on it and as long as I don't get Pica (eating non-edible objects) I'm not worried.

Anyway I'm catching up on everyone so I will say hi on your boards.
Phew...oh and a pic of me in the show and dressing room will be posted :0)

The pics from the show

Attachments

• image-117388922.jpg
    image-117388922.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 43
  • image-1141654880.jpg
    image-1141654880.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 42
Three stone is fantastic, well done! I bet you can really feel the benefits. Love the photos, can really see you enjoy yourself there, singing is so therapeutic. Once again well done :)

Back