• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Journey to a better life ;D +**

Shabbs12

I Everyone! My Diary begins....
I am 27 and live in Bristol and I have two very gorgeous children and a loving husband and if it wasn't for my weight I would be the happiest woman in the world!
I have chosen the Gastric Band and have 10 stone to lose.
So i have just completed the first stage...the pre op tests (bloods etc) and am going to have my endoscopy tomorrow afternoon ;-/
Hating the pre op diet I am on day two (yogurt diet) but will succeed ;)
Feeling very positive, Good luck to everyone on their journeys...mine couldn't come soon enough!
Much love X

Good luck to you :) I've just recently had my band done (6 weeks ago today) and I so wish I'd had it done much earlier. I've already lost 3 stone, but more than anything, it has helped me focus on my eating habits, how and what I eat and to make positive healthy changes to my eating habits and lifestyle. It isn't an answer, but it is a tool and it can be one which can give you a lot to work with :)

Hiya, good luck to you as well. What date are you having your op? I'm down for 22nd and on 5th day of my Pre-op. I'm so glad I found this site as there are fantastic people all at different stages of their own personal journey, I've really learnt loads , and asked a few things I felt too silly to ask at my providers, everyone is so supportive and helpful! Keep us posted on your progress x

top_kat said:
Good luck to you :) I've just recently had my band done (6 weeks ago today) and I so wish I'd had it done much earlier. I've already lost 3 stone, but more than anything, it has helped me focus on my eating habits, how and what I eat and to make positive healthy changes to my eating habits and lifestyle. It isn't an answer, but it is a tool and it can be one which can give you a lot to work with :)

Thanks Top Kat 3 stone is amazing!! Well done!
Yeh u have a feeling I am going to wish I did it sooner too lol
X

SAS1 said:
Hiya, good luck to you as well. What date are you having your op? I'm down for 22nd and on 5th day of my Pre-op. I'm so glad I found this site as there are fantastic people all at different stages of their own personal journey, I've really learnt loads , and asked a few things I felt too silly to ask at my providers, everyone is so supportive and helpful! Keep us posted on your progress x

Hi Sas thanks for the well wishes, my op is the 10th of October, the pre op diet is hard isn't it ;( we will get there before we know it though!
Yes this site has been a real help especially in deciding which surgery to go for ;)
Good luck to you too!
Great that we're at the same stage X

Maphillips said:
Hi and welcome

The milk diet does get better with time and good luck with your op

Thanks Mapphillips, oh gosh the milk diet must be hard I am on a yogurt pre op diet X

So I'm have the endoscopy today, I'm not aloud any food or drink after 7.30 am until after I have had it done this afternoon so here I am up early whacking back a couple of yogurts, tea and water ;D
Felt a bit sick getting up but that's down to having a nightmare about me choking ;( X

Omg just had the endoscopy done...it was horrid I was really sensitive to it and gagged like mad the whole way through ;( feeling abit emotional and having seconds thoughts...they just put you right off when they talk you through all the things that could go wrong ;( X

Aww him they're not the most pleasant things but it's done now plus they have to tell you all the bad things to cover themselves I was sedated for an endoscopy yrs ago thank god! Hope your feeling better soon xxx

Back