• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Saying Goodbye to the Booty - Band Edition

speaking of my scars and dressings here's what I have so far.
I barely notice them except the pesky port one.

Attachments

• image-2189926174.jpg
    image-2189926174.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 52
speaking of my scars and dressings here's what I have so far. I barely notice them except the pesky port one.

They will look good babe when u finally see them . I have one deep one which I didn't pick and left too long to scab and it's a big scar .... I'll attach a picture on my diary for you to see six months post op. But if you do as they say you won't notice them ;-) xxx

Similar places to mine as we had same surgeon. The top one in the bra line wont be noticeable and bbutton wont be either but will have stitches which will irritate for 2-3 weeks till they fall out.

Ill post a pick of mine for you and we can compare lol

Similar places to mine as we had same surgeon. The top one in the bra line wont be noticeable and bbutton wont be either but will have stitches which will irritate for 2-3 weeks till they fall out. Ill post a pick of mine for you and we can compare lol

Lol cool Tweety. Mine aren't itchy yet. We'll see what happens when the dressings come off.

They will look good babe when u finally see them . I have one deep one which I didn't pick and left too long to scab and it's a big scar .... I'll attach a picture on my diary for you to see six months post op. But if you do as they say you won't notice them ;-) xxx

Thanks Hun. I'm looking forward to finally being healed :0)

How u doing chick? Healing ok?
Haven't heard from you in a bit xx

Hey Gang sozzicles

I have been so remiss in my posting again. I'm trying to catch up on everyone's diaries.

So here's what's been happening with me...

After being pampered for a week at mums, I went home and promptly spent 5 days mostly in bed watching the Angel box set.

I promised my mum and best friend Emma that I would take it easy, which is difficult for me. Luckily I was off work and only had two rehearsals Where I sat down when I needed to. The most difficult part was travelling to and from the sessions.

I had my 10 day post up shenanigans on Wednesday.
Took off my compression sock and my dressings. Finally got to look at my scars and they look great.

Then I got to have a BATH mmm heaven followed by a shower Wooh.

Thursday was back to work day. I work up an hour earlier than normal and I took 2 busses instead of the tube. Just so I could get to work and open up the theatre SLOWLY. It involve me climbing stairs all over the theatre to open the fire exits. The first day was a little twingey but now I'm finding it much easier.

This week is the first 'full' week and I have to keep telling myself to take it easily.
My mantra is "I look healed on the outside but I'm not healed on the inside"

Speaking of being healed. It's really hard to see my scars but here's a picture of my biggest scar the others are impossible to see the others lol.

Attachments

• image-1488662091.jpg
    image-1488662091.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 32
Food wise:
The liquid phase went well. I didn't have as many calories as I wanted frankly because I could really be bothered. I'm sure once I get back to solid foods I'll be cooking up the calories no probs. Today is my first purée day. Yeuch not terribly excited about that either lol
Only 2 weeks to go. :0)
Tonight I'm having mashed potatoes/veg and maybe some cheeese.
Oh half fat cheddar how I have missed you.

Weight & Exercise:
I've lost 9 lbs since surgery. So by my calculations aprox 2 stone loss all told. I'm itching to start exercising. Luckily I am getting to dance a bit in my rehearsals for my show in a month (eek not great timing). But I tried to retrieve my phone after it dropped down the side of my bed. I ended up on my stomach floundering around like a beached whale it was quite painful but I couldn't get up. I have NO muscle tone in my stomach I couldn't support the equipment that's been added to my belly. A very good reminder that "I look healed on the outside but I'm not healed on the inside" lol patience is a virtue.

I started puree at the weekend too Singermo. It does sit heavy in my stomach - hopefully that'l get better.

Hope it goes well.

Wow Mo where has that time gone??? LOL woohooo its flying by, on to softs next :) thats much nicer than slop LOL mmmmmmm sounds like your doing fantastic and wd on the loss so far. Your tum looks pretty good ...... not sure i can see my scars too much now, just the wrinkled old saggy skin LOL Sounds like your coping well, back to work soon be back to full and better health x x x

Amazing weight loss Mo

Your scars are fantastic.

You are wise to recognise there is still a lot of internal healing going on....take it easy babe xx

Wowee you've done amazing in your first week mo! But no more floundering about on the floor lol at least till your properly healed x

Argh! Toothache.
So dental hygiene hasn't always been my strong point, but all that lying in bed not brushing my teeth enough has consequences.
I have a dentist appointment in the morning. Luckily I'm not on solids yet so it hasn't changed my diet lol
I had some leftover co-codemol too so that has been handy.
I'm nearly up to 800 calories a day, which is good I guess.
I've been eating baby for but could only bring myself to try pure apples or pears no mushy meals.
I can't wait for solids but have to get this tooth fixed first. Ugh. :0(

Argh! Toothache. So dental hygiene hasn't always been my strong point, but all that lying in bed not brushing my teeth enough has consequences. I have a dentist appointment in the morning. Luckily I'm not on solids yet so it hasn't changed my diet lol I had some leftover co-codemol too so that has been handy. I'm nearly up to 800 calories a day, which is good I guess. I've been eating baby for but could only bring myself to try pure apples or pears no mushy meals. I can't wait for solids but have to get this tooth fixed first. Ugh. :0(

Aw mo hope they get it sorted for you!!

It's funny, I ended up getting a filling replaced after my surgery..not sure it was cause of or coincidence xx

Back