• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2015 Surgeries

caz1975

Well seeing as I had a phone call this morning confirming my new date of 21st December I thought I would start this thread so welcome to any December surgeries I for one can not wait now!!!

Oooh that's exciting Caz! Where are you getting it and how are you feeling? I have my op December 18th in Belgium. I know how you feel, I'm so excited, I know it's not going to be easy but I just can't wait to get it done!

Hi summer :) I'm having a bypass done at Salford Royal, I should of had it done today but it got cancelled last night!! I'm so excited and just want it over with now, it's been a long 2 and half years!! We can say new year new me haha xx

Good to see a thread for us. I'm midway between you both on the 20th for a sleeve - nearly there!

Good luck, Girls! :)
You must all be so excited. Those dates will roll around in no time.
Will you have to stay on the pre-op diet until your date, Caz? Are there reasons its taken 2 and half years or is that the general time line?

Thank you Victoria, it's to have some support :) how. Marz you're right, it really will be a new year for us and the best Christmas gift ever! Have you started your pre-op?

Wow Caz, you must be so ready for it now after two years!

Hi Victoria, no I can have a week off then go back on it for the 2 weeks before my op, but I don't want to undo the hard work I've already done so think I will just relax a little but not go overboard :) and it's taken so long because they lost my notes at the beginning

Wow thats terrible! you must have been so frustrated. now im EXTRA glad you got your date. sounds like it was well over due.

Hey summer - not yet - pre op starts on 6th I think but I'm really enjoying these food funerals. You guys make me feel guilty because it sounds like you're being good already. :)
What info have you had from providers so far?

Hey summer - not yet - pre op starts on 6th I think but I'm really enjoying these food funerals. You guys make me feel guilty because it sounds like you're being good already. :) What info have you had from providers so far?

Haha don't feel guilty, enjoy it! What are you eating? I bet I'll be jealous! :D I've not had loads of info from my provider, I had to contact them to ask about the pre-op diet. It's basically shakes, skimmed milk, and yoghurt, I was told it's basically a low fat diet. Atm I'm cutting back a bit just to get my mind ready. What have your providers said?

Haha don't feel guilty, enjoy it! What are you eating? I bet I'll be jealous! :D I've not had loads of info from my provider, I had to contact them to ask about the pre-op diet. It's basically shakes, skimmed milk, and yoghurt, I was told it's basically a low fat diet. Atm I'm cutting back a bit just to get my mind ready. What have your providers said?

Not much they gave me a leaflet 6 months ago.. I'm assuming they'll tell me nearer the date. Finally got around to reading it last night and the surgeon is definitely stricter than what it says on paper. Paper said preop 7 days, he insisted 14. I like him.I'm asking my sister's to join me in solidarity. When do you officially start preop?

Not much they gave me a leaflet 6 months ago.. I'm assuming they'll tell me nearer the date. Finally got around to reading it last night and the surgeon is definitely stricter than what it says on paper. Paper said preop 7 days, he insisted 14. I like him.I'm asking my sister's to join me in solidarity. When do you officially start preop?

That's nice that your sister might help you, you'll feel less alone. I start pre-op next Friday. I can't even believe that I'm saying these words. It feels so soon. Half the time I'm running around excitedly, the other half of the time I'm thinking about what will happen if everything goes wrong, if there are complications if I end up failing etc. It's a very strange time right now... When do you start pre-op? Have you told anyone about the op?

That's nice that your sister might help you, you'll feel less alone. I start pre-op next Friday. I can't even believe that I'm saying these words. It feels so soon. Half the time I'm running around excitedly, the other half of the time I'm thinking about what will happen if everything goes wrong, if there are complications if I end up failing etc. It's a very strange time right now... When do you start pre-op? Have you told anyone about the op?

Tell me about it! I wonder if I'm actually going to go through with it... In my head I can always still say no. The risk of failure or lack of progress is enough to scare me away from telling people. I informed work I was having an operation but no details of what it was for. I'm thinking about starting soonish maybe next week. Maybe I should join you in Friday. I would love a solidarity buddy!

Congrats on your date. I have mine on 8th December. I'm starting my 2nd week of pre-op diet. Not the easiest thing I have done. But it'll be worth it in the end!

Marz- I'm not telling my work either, in fact the only person who knows about the op is my mum because she's paying for a lot of it. Yeah it would be great to start the diet with someone who's in the same boat!

Butterfly- Your op is round the corner eek. Bet you're excited. How is the pre-op diet going, which one are you going?

Hi summer, I'm excited, nervous, all emotions lol. Pre op going well. Easier on weekdays when at work! Weekends harder! I'm going to Lewisham hospital. I don't think it's actually clicked that I'm having it soon!

Hi I have my surgery on the 18th December a little closer to Christmas than I wanted but I have my date and that's all I can think about xx

Ooooh there are quite a few of thus then it's nice. I know what you mean butterfly, I'm experiencing every emotion under the sun. What surgeries are everyone getting?

I can't wait either blob, I just want it to be done now.

Yeah it is quite close to Christmas but at least we'll avoid putting on weight this year! I've only told my mum about the surgery so I don't know how I'm going to explain to other family members why I'm not touching the Christmas dinner.

Hopefully this will be me! My consultation is this Thursday then hoping the provisional date of the 17th is still free. I'm having a band through Healthier Weight.

Back