• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

December 2015 Surgeries

Well done lovely to hear from you, take care rest and take all advise on.

How is everyone getting on xx

Drinking milkshake and enjoying it. For those who like information I am also farting and burping. They don't like me sleeping though I love the bed. Pain I feel but definitely manageable and better than period pains. How's everyone else managing?

I'm not doing too well. Dizzy and nauseous and it's a real struggle to eat anything. I'm really gassy and my stomach can't stop gurgling. On the upside, I'm leaving today so that will be good and at least the majority of pain has gone. I'm feeling very shitty and I'm questioning why I've done this to myself. Hopefully all the symptoms will diminish and it'll all be worth it in the end.

The dizziness will be a combination of your body dealing with the operation, lack of fluids and all the medication in your body. The honest I can be is walk around the house every 20 mins it helps with gas. Suck on an ice cube if you cant cope with water. The gurgling is normal or it was I my case as you tummy and tubes have been moved and replaced so they need to repair this did stop for me after 3 -4 weeks however I did find hot drinks were the cause of gurgling I just found it funny in the end. Please don't be despondent its a normal recovery process. I had very little pain relief as it made all symptoms worse and forced myself to drink small sips. Lilac Glitter Girl, Nickie, clairemp, Oh to be so slinky, sj wood, sunny, sundown are to name but a few on here who are very supportive (sorry if I've missed anyone) we all help each other. Just take every day as a new one moving forward to a new you. My love and hugs to you x x

Last edited:
I'm not doing too well. Dizzy and nauseous and it's a real struggle to eat anything. I'm really gassy and my stomach can't stop gurgling. On the upside, I'm leaving today so that will be good and at least the majority of pain has gone. I'm feeling very shitty and I'm questioning why I've done this to myself. Hopefully all the symptoms will diminish and it'll all be worth it in the end.

I've found that lying back in the bed and lifting knees up helps to fart. It will get better. 5 weeks and you'll feel much more normal about things. We've made one of the best long term decisions of our life.

Last edited:
I too initially was unsure I had done the right thing. But 4 months today I did! It will quickly improve xx

Feeling the wind pain now, also very itchy skin after the GA, have to have a scan tomorrow to make sure all is ok as I'm finding it hard to swallow

Feeling the wind pain now, also very itchy skin after the GA, have to have a scan tomorrow to make sure all is ok as I'm finding it hard to swallow

It could just be that huge tube they put down there to measure the Sleeve out.have you managed to walk and shower yet? What's your breathing like?
Hope it goes well for you caz. I'm starting to feel the wind too, sharp and unpleasant - can't wait for them to take the neck cannula out. I'm paranoid i will rip it off while I'm selling.

The dizziness will be a combination of your body dealing with the operation, lack of fluids and all the medication in your body. The honest I can be is walk around the house every 20 mins it helps with gas. Suck on an ice cube if you cant cope with water. The gurgling is normal or it was I my case as you tummy and tubes have been moved and replaced so they need to repair this did stop for me after 3 -4 weeks however I did find hot drinks were the cause of gurgling I just found it funny in the end. Please don't be despondent its a normal recovery process. I had very little pain relief as it made all symptoms worse and forced myself to drink small sips. Lilac Glitter Girl, Nickie, clairemp, Oh to be so slinky, sj wood, sunny, sundown are to name but a few on here who are very supportive (sorry if I've missed anyone) we all help each other. Just take every day as a new one moving forward to a new you. My love and hugs to you x x

Thank you so much. I think I'm just being a big baby because I've never really experienced any pain and this was my first operation. I'm back in the UK so I think I'm going to have a soup and get some rest, I made the decision to have this op so I shouldn't feel so sorry for myself! Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. How is everyone getting on?

I had the bypass done, they won't let me lay down in bed cos every time I do my oxygen levels go down so I'm not getting much sleep, having a CT scan today to see if there are any problems

I had the bypass done, they won't let me lay down in bed cos every time I do my oxygen levels go down so I'm not getting much sleep, having a CT scan today to see if there are any problems

Oh dear, I hope they let you get some sleep eventually, you must be exhausted you poor thing.

Hope you managed to get some sleep last night and the scan shows nothing serious.

I was awake with hourly obs and still on the morpheme pump, doctor has been round and now thinks the pain could be either a leaky join or internal bleeding!! He has took yet more bloods and then off for my scan the go from there

I was awake with hourly obs and still on the morpheme pump, doctor has been round and now thinks the pain could be either a leaky join or internal bleeding!! He has took yet more bloods and then off for my scan the go from there

I hope they find out what it is, sending positive thoughts your way.

Sending hugs. X x x

Back