• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diabetes reversal.

MJLDPS

Could somebody in the know explain how this comes to be, many of us leave hospital and our insulin and diabetes behind, but I would like to know why or how this comes to be. Many thanks, Mark

they don't really know i had duodenal switch and my bloods had to be taken for 10 days after op and sent off for the studies , my blood was 4.2 yesterday :) no tabs no liguratide nada zero nothing xx

Hi Mark, I don't know the scientific reasons but logically I assume it is due to the diet we all live by now + the fact that everything passes through the intestines much quicker releasing less hormones & absorbing less of everything. Before my op I was insulin dependant but have had none since the day my milk diet started. In the few weeks post op I used Slimfast as I had severe nausea problems & that is a complete meal, so just held my nose & got it down, lol ... anyway, it is quite high in sugar :eek: but I had no diabetic reaction to it at all :) pre op I would certainly have had, even with the insulin. So why it works I don't really know, but I am eternally grateful that it does :D xxx

Great stories can't wait till I'm bragging about my blood sugar levels lol

As I understand it Twinkle has got it right except that I was told that the op bypasses the section of the intestine that release the hormones that interferes with the insulin production. Its all very complicated but it is interesting.

The surgeons can't fully explain it either! Wlsurgery patients at Sunderland have been asked to take part in a study to try to figure it out x

newcy said:
The surgeons can't fully explain it either! Wlsurgery patients at Sunderland have been asked to take part in a study to try to figure it out x

Yeah, that was the letter I received the other day, inviting me to take part after my op. The letter came from SRH but it is Newcastle University doing the study.

Last edited:
Yeah, that was the letter I received the other day, inviting me to take part after my op. The letter came from SRH but it is Newcastle University doing the study.

That's right. I'm going to take part in the study - are you?

Yeah, definitely! I have never had a problem with my blood sugar, despite having an exceedingly sweet tooth, whereas my dh is only a little overweight, and doesn't really like sweet stuff at all, has had type 2 diabetes for about 4 years. So anything that I can do to help the study I will.

Ladies i don't know any diabetics who dump! I have always kinda wished i did, but i don't!

Back