• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Diary of cheryls gastric band. Mon 20th october,dolan park

:clap: :clap: :clap: well done Cheryl, now you're a loser too!

Take it easy and get plenty of rest, keep moving around when you can to help the wind move and you'll be grand :)

Hey Cheryl

Another Northern Ireland girl here - going for op on Monday at Dolan Park with Dr Sigurdson myself. Just wanted to wish you lots of luck; sounds like it all went smoothly so far so here's hoping it continues that way!

Where are you getting your fills? I was told either Lisburn Road in Belfast or Holywood (the latter was where I went for my initial consultation).

Lots of luck to you.

Love Kaz xo

:party0038:
Fantastic news Cheryl, glad it all went ok. take things easy now and rest. look forward to following your progress and welcome to the losing side xx

Well done girl!

You did it! Here's to the rest of your life!xxxx

Glad everything went well for you! Take it easy and rest up as much as you can. Get gripe water for the trapped wind it does make it a lot easier.
Take care and let us know how you are getting on.
xx

Well done Cheryl (I am a Cheryl too with same spelling !), I had my op at Dolan park on the 29th august. I have had a really good recovery and had my first fill 2 days ago. It was painless and although I still havent got good restriction I am hopeful I will have following my second fill on 1st Nov. I have lost nearly 2 stone (although I have to admit willpower was needed as I didnt feel restriction after first 2 weeks). I have no regrets whatsoever and wish you all the success in the world. Mr Sigurdsson had a baby the night before my surgery (well his wife did) and he was really tired. Lucky he didnt take my tonsils out by mistake !!

I was 40 last week and really believe life begins for me having been fat and depressed most of my adult life.

Kind regards

Cheryl x

thanks girls for all of your lovely comments.
i can honestly say it was not as bad as expected, the staff at dolan are amazing, and my recovery so far is brilliant.
i did feel terrible last night after all the travelling, so i went to bed with the elctric blanket on,loads of pillows behind me,and had co-codamol,gripe water and infacol.i found the infacol good.farted for britian,it was lush!
i got up this morning helped get kids ready for school,had shower and put makeup on.i feel alot of discomfort but keeping myself well dosed up on pain relief. i had a milky coffee today but couldnt finish it as i was so full!
i made a g.p. appointment this morning, she was so supportive, she prescribed my liquid vitamins,fibre and tramadol soluable. she checked me over and could hardly believe it was done on monday, my wound ( all 6 of them! ) are so clean.she thought i was looking great, and was very supportive.
i then went shopping for some food for dinner tonight,paul was with me so i lifted or carried nothing.he has taken time off to look after me.
i am now back in bed,with electric blanket on.going to attempt a cup-a-soup.
i feel as if i am carrying a special secret round with me,its quite exciting to know that i am about to become slim and stay like that!
oh and by the way there is a guy at dolan park,he brings your tea etc, he had a band on august 1st and has lost 4 stone!

Hi Cheryl, what interesting reading your post makes, you write so well.....well done on getting your op and I look forward to following your progress xx

i was wondering what advice anyone can give me regarding fibre.
i dont feel very well today . over did it. i had 4 teachers apointments,2 school discos,a dr appointment for one of kids,had to visit my 88 yr old granny,one of the others kids birthday,2 kids had to go somewhere today, and one other went to her friends and had to be collected. phew. no wonder i am really sore, and quite sickish. oh and have i mentioned i managed to get cystitis!!!!
dolan park rang me today and asked how i was. thank goodness, i needed someone to tell me to take it easy. and they said i need to be taking soup or milk every 3 hours, to line the pouch or i will struggle with the wind for a long time.
moan moan moan. i will be glad to get today over.
i did make some celery soup,sieved it and had about half a cup, didnt feel like it but i think i needed it.
so today i have only managed actimel drink for breakfast , a cup of tea ,and half a cup of celery soup. i have been drinking water and taking painkillers, but left too long between them today, not a good idea.
oh i forgot to say that the clinic also rang me with my date for my xray, november 19th. and my first fill november 24th. although i have my brothers wedding november 29th so i was thinking i might wait to after that. anybody any opinions?

Hi Cheryl, congratulations on your op ( is congratulations the right word??? - anyway ) Hope everything went well although it sounds like you`re struggling a bit today. You only had your op on Mon so slow down girl, although I`ve not been banded yet so not highly informative I think u can expect a few niggly pains at this stage so let your body have a bit of a rest hun

Cheryl you've just had surgery! Take it easy and let someone else run around after the kids. You can only recover if you allow yourself the chance to do so.

Get yourself some benefibre, great stuff.

Cheryl you've just had surgery! Take it easy and let someone else run around after the kids. You can only recover if you allow yourself the chance to do so.

Get yourself some benefibre, great stuff.
Hi Shel, what does that stuff taste like??? Is it really drinkable???

doesn't taste of anything. Just stir it in to what you're drinking (I tend to have mine with my daily glass of OJ, but have had it in water, and in hot chocolate options before now. Benefibre dissolves really well, where as I find fibresure doesn't. Once you've stirred it in, you really can't tell it's there. Honestly.

As for the bowels, it regulates you really well. I have IBS and since starting the benefibre once a day post op, my IBS is pretty much non-existent. Constipation and diarroeah are really common after surgery and I desperately wanted to avoid both so started on the benefibre as soon as I came home. consequently I've had no problems :)

thank you both for taking the time to reply to me. paul is home now, he took time off to look after me but because of all the things that needed done he went one way and i went another. although my dad was my chaffeur! tomorrow i am doing nothing. i shopped on line at asda so it arrives in morning.
most of kids in bed now.paul has gone to collect my brothers little girl, as brother is in japan until saturday. he works for BA and so does his wife.
its just been a busy day and because most people dont know that i have had this done they dont know not to ask me to do things. and i need to learn to say no sometimes, its just hard.
i am propped up in bed now and feel alot better. looking forward to a relaxing day tomorrow.
what do you think about my band fill? when did everyone else get a band fill? and shell thanks for benefibre ,,, what about multivitamins in liquid form? any suggestions for that?

shell, do i need to ask dr for benefibre or do you buy it in a chemist? and what about weighing myself how often should i do it? i have been doing it everyday only to find that i put 3 lb back on and i dont know how. i dont want to become obbsessed but i am already beginning to worry about my band. does dr sigurdsson stitch the band in or can it just slip?

Benefibre is in chemists and supermarkets. They do a trial pack of I think 7 sachets which is a good thing to try it before you buy a big tub.

Its natural to gain weight after an operation, you'll be quite swollen inside and all that fluid weighs a lot! it'll soon go.

Try and stay off the scales. Ideally weigh once a week, twice at most. If need be, give hubby the scales and tell him to hide them from you!

Liquid vits, I know there's a haliborange one that's for adults, available again in supermarkets and chemists, not sure what the banders take as it's different from bypass, we have to have vits and minerals cos of the malabsorption.

Don't worry about the band, the idea of the xray is to make sure it's all in place isn't it? You'll be fine, don't get neurotic over the band or your weight, as it won't help you at all.

With a band the weight fluctuates so much ! Hard as it is....STOP WEIGHING YOURSELF !! Its so deflating!! Remember what the scales say doesn't mean your doing badly ! I used to go to my clinic in a right state worrying why i was up 1 week down the next and bla bla bla when in fact the weeks i hadn't lost number weight on the scales i'd lost in MAJOR BODY FAT !!! and the weeks i lost weight my body fat loss wasn't that much. I had to out my scales in the boot of my car ha ha !! and now my mum has them :) this does work i can assure u....once fills are correct only !! ( i'm on my third at 6.5ml) If i had known this when i started wow my head would have been well pleased . Been a terrible obsession and phew.. i'm relaxed now, the scales are gone and my weighting is dropping so well now. U'll get there ...I PROMISE U ! rest , don't rush and all will come together xx

lovebug, i just posted on your thread! how funny.
what vit and minerals did you take during liquid phase?

Back