• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Did you need someone with you after surgery?

Trish933

Hello Everyone!
My turn to get on the loosers bench with a bypass is coming up next week and I was wondering how many of you live alone.
Did you manage to cope well if you were on your own after the operation?
Do you think I am foolish and that I should arrange to get someone to help out for a while?
Thanks for your help.

I was glad to have my husband..not that he is of much use at times but I couldn't lift anything and it was reassuring to know he was there as I was tired for the first few weeks..good luck x

I live alone too, haven't got a date for my op yet but have had my pre op done so shouldn't be long. I'm planning on staying with my parents for the first week as I can't give myself an injection! Good luck with your op and hope your recovery is speedy xx

I would get someone to help you I was use nor ornament for first few weeks my hubby was a gods send xxx

I live alone, I was fine no problems. Don't expect to do much in the way of housework, and take everything at a slow pace, but most of your time is spent preparing meals and washing up the blender.
What you may need is someone to pick up some shopping for you not that you'll need a lot, unless the shops are v handy.
I was actually glad to be independent as it got me up and active and not becoming an invalid, not the right word I was looking for but you know what I mean. I went to Scotland Week 3 to visit me mum, and immediately she started to do everything for me! That's what Mums do , even at 75,lol

I live with my husband but he works away from home Monday to Saturday morning so i was alone, i managed fine, it was better being alone really as you have no one else to think about, eat when you want and nap when you want. xxx

Just like loving the loop I too live alone and was just fine I did a lot of prep work before hand all the house work, shopping food prep and drinks for first few days already for me so other than maybe a paper which I didn't need ideas fine by myself needed nothing came home on the Saturday off out for a short stroll to get a paper and milk on the Tuesday each to their own!

Back