• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Different County funding

beckers

Hi, not sure if this is in the right place, but i just wanted to clear a funding issue up. Im from Northamptonshire but my team are in Warwickshire at Coventry hospital (used to be Walsgrave) I wasn't sure who we would apply to for funding of my sleeve op, but my surgeon told me yesterday it would be Northamptonshire healthcare trust as thats where i am from. Where im being treated dosn't seem to factor in. Hope that clears it up for people, i know there was another lady asking about it as she is from Northants and been referred to Coventry.

I applied to my own PCT for funding but the operation is under another PCT so its normal.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Funding is granted by the PCT that your GP is under not where you live
eg My daughter lives in Dudley but her GP is in Sandwell, so Sandwell would give funding
Hope that helps

It does seem to be a bit of a grey area. I live in Bexley and so is my GP, but was referred by my endocrinologist at the Chelsea and Westminster to bariatrics within same hospital. They have applied for funding somewhere but it's not with Bexley PCT. I am awaiting an email to find out where the funding application was sent. All very odd!

It's very confusing.

I live in Lincolnshire but have been referred to Derby hospital. Derby have an agreement with Lincolnshire PCT whereby funding is automatic while their patients from other counties have to go through an actual application (and I think some of the PCTs have other criteria and procedures too)

i live in stockport cheshire but im being seen in manchester

Hi

I live in Kent and had my surgery in West Sussex, its quite common these days for one PCT to fund surgery in another, especially if the procedure is not done by any of there own hospitals or the waiting list is too long.

The last one is why I got the out of area funding, West Sussex had a 16 week weighting list and my nearest Kent hospital had a 2 year list.

It was the fund managers that told my GP to refer me to West Sussex.

Paul

Last edited:
When I lived in East Sussex they sent my GP an incorrect list which had left St Richards off so I ended up being referred to London but that fell through for a couple of reasons.

St Richards work to a 16 week target - somewhere hidden on their website is a chart which shows max wait for initial appointment, decision etc etc.

They are all so different!!

i think stockport and manchester all work on the 16 week thing, well i hope so anyway

i think stockport and manchester all work on the 16 week thing, well i hope so anyway

Hi

I had my bypass done at Salford hospital in Manchester,
Tameside and glossop PCT was very quick giving me funding.
And all my appointments prior to my bypass was very quick and efficient too.
I was very lucky it went very smoothly.

The first hospital I was referred to was running to a two year waiting list, boy was I glad when I got a second chance and a referral to St Richards who at the time, early this year where working to a 12 week list which they stuck to almost to the day for my surgery.

Paul

Back