• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Discharged with Tablets -help

Vonone

Hi, sitting here with my bag of drugs, thought I was so prepared but I think brain has gone to sleep. Can you tell me which drugs you take and when. I have multivits 1 aday, calcichew 2a day, lansopraole 1 a day ( just taken one and swallowed it -realise that I have to dissolve in the mouth -oops!). And when do I start vit b12 injects?. Thanks x

Did they not give you a sheet with what to take?

This is what I had from my hospital (no idea if it's the same as yours as all hospitals seem to have their own adjenda)

Morning
1x Forcival (squeezed from the capsule onto a spoon taken with strong tasting food)
1x 10ml Iron Suppliment
1x Solvazinc
1x Clexane Injection (this was a blood thinner, i never got b12)
1x Fast Tab

Afternoon
1x Solvazinc
1x Calcichew

Evening
1x Solvazinc
1x 10ml Iron Suppliment

Hope that helps.

Well my brains asleep most of the time but I will try to help, lol :) I take my tablets in the morning after breakfast. This will be more important once you are on Forceval as it has to be take with or after eating. So you could have your 2nd calcichew later in the day. I had my first b12 injection 3 months post op & 3 monthly afterwards in alternate arms. Take care on your journey home xxx :)

Unfortunately every hospital is different - do you not have any literature from your hospital? For what its worth, I have one multivitamin, 2 calcium tabs, 1 iron tablet, 1 lansoprazole.

Oh and I had my first b12 in hospital
Me too. Have just been told i don't need to take the lansoprazole now so thats nutha 1 less. Just tha multi vit iron and adcal now and my usual antihistamines. xx Well at least somethings we do r similar, theres a surprise. xx

As said above every hospital is different
All mine said to take was Lanzoprazol Soft Tab (Melt in the mouth :) ). and Forcival to be started after 2 weeks and that’s it, nothing else. I understand that the Calcium is given to Women over a certain age :):) which obviously ruled me out. I would also have thought that an iron supplement and B12 injections would not be necessary unless later blood tests showed any deficiency

Paul

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, first night home and have read all instructions. I got a list of what to take but not when, wasn't sure if I should take them all in the mornining. I have decided to take calcichew and lansopraole first thing with a cuppa, forceval with evening meal and calcichew late evening. Does this sound ok? I will contact GP as to when to start vit b 12 injections.

Paul u make me laugh, my tummy hurts, behave.

Twinkle, how's Caren, send her my best wishes

I had a bag of stuff when I left hospital too! Every hospital is different, I havent been given any supplements yet (I have to go to GP & start in about 4 weeks on multivitamins etc).
I am currently taking 1x lansoprazole once a day, 2 x diclomax 3 times a day and 1x domperidone 3 times a day. Then inject myself with heprin each night for 4 weeks!

I find it amazing that every hospital/surgeons advice is so different, not just with medication but with supplements and foods!!!

Jo x

How u doing Jo, you recovering ok. It is confusing when we're all on different meds. I took my ted stockings off last night as they rolled down and were hurting, kept pulling them up but the kept leaving red impressions and painful. So I just make sure I go for a walk every hour.

Hi vonone, I am doing ok thanks. Know I've got to get through difficult times to see the benefits! I had my stockings off while I was still in hospital, they wouldnt stay up!! The nurse was lovely and said unless they're on smooth without wrinkles & bumps they do more harm than good. I am making sure I move around regularly :)
Still just getting my head round it all, there are so many things to remember.
Hope you are doing ok (despite the stockings)
Jo x

I'm struggling to get in extra fluids and am so preoccupied with taking meds ( set alarm in phone) and getting the right amount of nutrients. Tired this evening but my sons came home and were very inquisitive.

I wonder why some are told B12 injections from the off and others like myself are not told anything about them.

Am I missing out on something or just getting paranoid.

Paul

I have forceval x1, Adcal D3 x 3, ferrous sulphate x2, Thiamine x1, Dont need B12. Not taken Lansoprazole since 2 weeks out. Taken off Zinc as it knocks the copper out. You must not take Cacium tabs at the same time as Iron and it prevents the absorption. Try to take the iron tabs with orange juice as you will absorb more.

Back