• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does age matter in wls??

HoPe*87*

Hi all,

I want to ask this without offending anyone in anyway! Does ur age effect wls at all? I'm 24 and am getting gastric sleeve in 3 weeks, I've had comments of people saying I'm to young to be doing stuff like this etc! If people don't mind!! how old are u? And does age matter in wls?

Really hope I haven't offended anyone Xx

honey im 50 and wish i'd been going through this years ago, good luck to you, thats what i think :) you'll have your young life nice and healthy and slim woop!!! :) xxx

not offending anyone hun...theres a girl on here, i believe shes 17 and her parents are paying for the surgery....were not all oldies, im 33 lol

i think we ALL wish that we'd have done this at your age!!!

I'm 41 yrs young :) ............... Should have dealt with this issue years ago at least 10, have to be honest I just about had things under control weight wise until this year, I have fluctuated from 10.5 to 14.10 and currently 16.10 and KNOW that this would get bigger and bigger - doesnt matter what age, if you have a problem you fix it xxxx

& if my daughter needed assistance as I told the 17yr old young lady I would fully support her so that she didnt spend years on the sidelines being overweight xx

i was 50 yesterday and had my op 28th november i wish i'd done it years ago but it has only been the last 5 yrs or so which have affected me with diabetes etc coming on :) i used to think i was a fat healthy person but i was wrong xx and you will get the peole who say oh you've such a pretty face or bubbly personality and you won't be the same,... ignore them honey and do what is right for you while you are young enough to enjoy your life :)

i was 50 yesterday and had my op 28th november i wish i'd done it years ago but it has only been the last 5 yrs or so which have affected me with diabetes etc coming on :) i used to think i was a fat healthy person but i was wrong xx and you will get the peole who say oh you've such a pretty face or bubbly personality and you won't be the same,... ignore them honey and do what is right for you while you are young enough to enjoy your life :)
awww happy birthday angie :) xxx

No offence caused, its an interesting question.

I'm 36 (depressing I know) and wish I'd had the op years ago! X

I think you should do it now. I left it all my life and I am now 58..... do it now so that you can get on with your life without any weight issues. Life is shorter than you think and to waste even a minute of it being too fat to be happy is wrong.
Dont let your life be a bigger, longer weight struggle than it needs to be........spending all your time wishing you were thinner, prettier, could wear better clothes, had more energy, didnt ache, could be more active, were taken more seriously etc... you get the gist.
If you can do it, then do it now.
If I had my time over I would. My weight has fluctuated all my life and I have wasted so much precious time worrying about it, not joining in and not having the fun everybody else was having etc.
Lynne xx

honey im 50 and wish i'd been going through this years ago, good luck to you, thats what i think :) you'll have your young life nice and healthy and slim woop!!! :) xxx

OMG! Caren you are not 50... Is that an old photo??? If that's a recent photo then I need your beauty secret hun lol x

It's interesting to know everyones opinion, I don't believe in any age being to old or young I think it's just when it's right for u. I feel really lucky that I have this opportunity at my age xx
P.s I'm my eyes ladies and gents ur old as old as u feel!! :)

I'm 32 and starting to wonder why i waited so long xx

HoPe*87* said:
Hi all,

I want to ask this without offending anyone in anyway! Does ur age effect wls at all? I'm 24 and am getting gastric sleeve in 3 weeks, I've had comments of people saying I'm to young to be doing stuff like this etc! If people don't mind!! how old are u? And does age matter in wls?

I'm 22 (23 in may before my surgery) and having a bypass this year I've had so many comments like that and telling me to grow up an work harder etc etc etc... I've tried everything this is my last chance of a life of any kind! So if your too young I have real problems! Lol sod them they need to get over them selves if this is what is right for you and what you need I support you 100% xxx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

HoPe*87* said:
Hi all,

I'm 26 was 25 wen I had surgery and was 24 wen I went for surgery, don't think age matters x

i had my 40th birthday in the august and my op was in the november... i think im still young xx

Thanks everyone I'm pleased there's people in the same boat as me, I was had just turned 23 when I was referred for surgery now 24 and having surgery next month. I must admit I'm so nervous and so full of questions can't wait to receive the info from the hospital xxx

HoPe*87* said:
Thanks everyone I'm pleased there's people in the same boat as me, I was had just turned 23 when I was referred for surgery now 24 and having surgery next month. I must admit I'm so nervous and so full of questions can't wait to receive the info from the hospital xxx

I was referred in November and should be having mine in July ish so I'm told but got a lot to do before then! Everyone on here is great for advise n support I've been on here 5 days and have fallen in love with the site/app cos everyone is amazing, I wish you all the good luck in the world, keep us updated Xx

I've been on only a few days to and I love it beats Facebook! Lol. Il keep everyone up to date with wots going on. My surgery is 3rd of Feb so just waiting for info from the hospital for my pre op assessment and info for pre op diet. If u don't mind me asking are u private or NHS? Xx

HoPe*87* said:
I've been on only a few days to and I love it beats Facebook! Lol. Il keep everyone up to date with wots going on. My surgery is 3rd of Feb so just waiting for info from the hospital for my pre op assessment and info for pre op diet. If u don't mind me asking are u private or NHS? Xx

Aw not long hey? I'm on nhs hun you? I'm sooooo excited and I'm only at the beginning! Neeed to start my new life, where are you from Xx

Back