• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does age matter in wls??

Yeah not long at all now!! When I first went to seminar and they told me 18 months i nearly cried. Now it's here and it's flew over. I'm NHS to I'm from county Durham having my op at Sunderland royal hospital getting the gastric sleeve u? Xx

HoPe*87* said:
Yeah not long at all now!! When I first went to seminar and they told me 18 months i nearly cried. Now it's here and it's flew over. I'm NHS to I'm from county Durham having my op at Sunderland royal hospital getting the gastric sleeve u? Xx

Aw bless ya! Eee .... I'm from calderdale having it in huddersfield general hospital, I'm having the bypass it should be anything after 18 weeks but before 36! Hopefully not long after the 18 .. I neeeeed it now! Lol Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

Well I guess I am an oldie at 54 :cry::cry: but still glad that I had it at all. I could not have had it any sooner as I wasn't even aware of the surgery until a few years ago & at the time had a non compliant doctor :mad: so I had it as soon as I could & am VERY grateful. I would advise anyone, irrespective of age to go grab the life you want xxx :)

I must be the oldest one on here at 67 and the only problem is whether or not I am fit enough for the operation. Please do not spend all your life fat justr go for it when you are young and fitter than me. I have had my final itinery from Prague ready for my op on 13th Feb. Nearly had a change of heart at the last minute but away to go:flirt2:

I'm 20 years old and 3 weeks post op having my gastric band, I had to self fund however but i knew i needed this. Been a BIG girl since i was 10, dont see the point in waiting till im any older to do something about it so grabbed the bull by the horns. Now im in control of this weight demon! Good luck hun! :)

x x x

sarah-91 said:
I'm 20 years old and 3 weeks post op having my gastric band, I had to self fund however but i knew i needed this. Been a BIG girl since i was 10, dont see the point in waiting till im any older to do something about it so grabbed the bull by the horns. Now im in control of this weight demon! Good luck hun! :)

x x x

Good on ya hun how are you doin with it? Xx

Wow! Everyone has there own different stories but we all want the same out come :) I'm so pleased I found this website and learnt I'm not the only one with thus demon!!

sarah-91 said:

x x x

I wanted band then bypass then went to surgeon and he suggested sleeve for me so I've gone with his advice. Well done for going for it!! :)

HoPe*87* said:
Wow! Everyone has there own different stories but we all want the same out come :) I'm so pleased I found this website and learnt I'm not the only one with thus demon!!

That's why I love this place too its brilliant everyone is in the same boat with diff stories so your always learning! Xx

Tonibones10 said:
Aw bless ya! Eee .... I'm from calderdale having it in huddersfield general hospital, I'm having the bypass it should be anything after 18 weeks but before 36! Hopefully not long after the 18 .. I neeeeed it now! Lol Xx

Hope it's soon for u!! When will it be 18 weeks? Xx

HoPe*87* said:
Hope it's soon for u!! When will it be 18 weeks? Xx

So do I I've got to have all my tests in the next 18 weeks then I'm put on a waiting list for 18 weeks at the very most so up to 36 weeks tops Xx

angee said:
I must be the oldest one on here at 67 and the only problem is whether or not I am fit enough for the operation. Please do not spend all your life fat justr go for it when you are young and fitter than me. I have had my final itinery from Prague ready for my op on 13th Feb. Nearly had a change of heart at the last minute but away to go:flirt2:

Ur only as old as u feel and once those pounds come off u will feel 21 again!! So where u getting ur op? When do u start the pre op diet? Xx

I'm having my op at huddersfield hospital and will start the pre op diet in about 18 weeks xxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Well I guess I am an oldie at 54 :cry::cry: but still glad that I had it at all. I could not have had it any sooner as I wasn't even aware of the surgery until a few years ago & at the time had a non compliant doctor :mad: so I had it as soon as I could & am VERY grateful. I would advise anyone, irrespective of age to go grab the life you want xxx :)

Very good advice!! 54 is not old!! Am guessing ur post op? How long? And which op did u have if u don't mind me asking? Xx

angee said:

Your a real inspiration for doing this, I will be brilliant for you, I'm so glad they have given me this chance to do this while I'm so young :) good luck hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TwinkleTwinkle said:

Your not old at all my mum should be 54 now :'( she always acted my age Haha she wasn't old! And neither are you xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tonibones10 said:
I'm having my op at huddersfield hospital and will start the pre op diet in about 18 weeks xxx

I'm having my op the 3rd of Feb so not sure when il have to start the diet. I think it's a 10 day pre op diet they ask for at sunderland hospital so il have to start it in about a week or so :eek: going out for a meal with my family on Thursday night kinda a good bye to the old me and final feast lol xxx

Very good advice!! 54 is not old!! Am guessing ur post op? How long? And which op did u have if u don't mind me asking? Xx

Yes I am post op :) I had my op, a bypass, on 3/10/11 & am now 4 1/2 stones down :) Not the fastest loser but consistent. :) No one on here minds you asking anything, honey, cos we have all been where you are now & know what it feels like xxx :):)

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Yes I am post op :) I had my op, a bypass, on 3/10/11 & am now 4 1/2 stones down :) Not the fastest loser but consistent. :) No one on here minds you asking anything, honey, cos we have all been where you are now & know what it feels like xxx :):)

4 1/2 stone is great!! Well done!! :) how have u found dealing with ur new stomach/ eating? Are u on solids now? Xx

4 1/2 stone is great!! Well done!! :) how have u found dealing with ur new stomach/ eating? Are u on solids now? Xx

I am one of the fortunate ones & have had no problems eating at all. :) I don't dump or at least have not up to now & eat everything my family does, just much smaller portions. I have also eaten out on lots of occasions with no ill effects. I do watch what I eat & I never go over 1000cals, but this is more than enough for a tiny tum xxx :):)

Back