• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

does anyone use fibrogel

brad scott

hi there i still get constipated its driving me crazy phoned my surgeon 2day for advice does anyone take fybogel to help with it it says that it maintains regularity cheers guys and gals

I do :) it's quite gentle and works well... I find it abit hard to drink as you can only sip it but I just make sure i stir it alot!!!!
HTH tasha :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Keep water levels,fruit and veg up and you should be ok.I havnt had any problems since the first week but used liquid Senna.

You would find benefibre easier to take, as it's a flavourless powder you just add to any normal drink. Couple of teaspoons every day should sort you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

It sounds as if this is a long term problem for you as I think I tead it has lasted 3 weeks, not sure if that means you haven't passed a stool at all in that time? Benefibre and Fybogel are both good for keeping things moving and the Docs also prescribe Movicol which is also available without prescription from the chemist around £7.31 for 20 sachets. However you may be impacted if you haven't passed a stool and that may require an enema or some manual evacuation (sorry TMI but important) to clear the impaction. Your GP should be able to help you with this by examining you and prescribing the necessary treatment, and once clear the best option is often to take additional fibre every day. I never had a problem after the bypass as I followed Shel's great advice and went with the Benefibre daily. However after my recent total knee replacement op I got severe impaction and nothing helped so had to go with the enema etc. Not nice and such a relief once it was gone but it took 3 goes to get it cleared and thankfully it hasn't come back yet.

I hope you can get sorted out soon as I know just how awful this can feel

M

I used fybrogel after my caesarians and it helped, its quite gentle, so will be a good starting point for you. its a big cupful though so you might struggle to drink it all in one go?

hello
i had dreadful constipation when i hit about 2 and half yrs post opp... i tried everything from orange juice... didnt do anything!! to senna...fybogel...dulcoease...benefibre ...everything really thts just a snippet of what i tried...

i have a prolapse so find it difficult most of the time to be honest.. but the thing which everntually helped and after the second time of trying it was movicol from the docs... yes its disgusting but mixed with some orange its not too bad ..u kinda get used to it!! honest!!

my probs seem to have got better on their own now but at time i still suffer .. i no longer have to take regular laxatives so thts good...

hope things improve for you
x

I still like to clear my system with prunes and prune juice if I ever get problems. And as I have said in other posts I sometimes get diverticulitis so cant afford to be constipated.......... too risky and too painful!!!
Two or three prunes a day, in the morning and a drink of fresh prune juice in the evening before bed. I cook them myself so they are fresh every couple of days.
If I havent got prunes then I like to cook plums in a little water with a couple of sweeteners and put that on top of yogurt.
Works for me and its all natural.
Lynne x

I have a band but had some terrible problems with constipation early on and fybogel was the only thing that worked for me. I agree with CCPM and would ask your GP to investigate.

Hope you feel better soon.

tranquil x

hey all thank u for all ur advice it helps me so much weel ive taken fybogel and wow its really helped me alot ive been like 4 times already 2day and feel so much better gonna go back to the docs tho just for some more advice xx

Back